General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

I have an amazing daughter

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:50 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I have an amazing daughter

First, I just wanted to tell you what makes me who I am. So I think it's pretty interesting. You will find out amazing things about me. So read on and find out what makes me who I am.

The first thing that makes me who I am is that I'm artistic. I sing and dance pretty well. I draw pictures, but they are really weird. They all include shapes. I also write poems. They express my emotions and what I have to say if I don't want to say it aloud. I try to make my own outfits. Trust me it doesn't go good. It's a big mistake I look like a dog matched them. I don't want to be like people who try to fit in and not be themselves. I like who I am. I'm bull headed and like myself about that. People can't change me only I can. When people try I say,"I am who I am and you don't have to like me but if you try you will fail because I stay who I am."

Now the second reason is that I'm reliable. I always try to help people. I think that if people, have no problems they are much happier. I also think that if some people can't get it by themselves it won't hurt to try. I think that when people worry they get freaked out and don't know what to do. Other people think that if you try you can learn, but there is living proof that you can't learn even if you do try, but you can learn with help if you try to teach them step by step. If people try to get to know me they will find out that I'm a fun person to hang out with. ... See More

Finally, I guess you know what makes me who I am. I guess that some people think that you can judge a person by the way they look. But maybe, just maybe they can look deeper. Some people may think I'm weird or misplaced my brain, but I haven't. I am being me. So maybe I should look at people differently too.

Brianna 03-2010

Old 03-15-2010, 04:52 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
this is an essay, written by a fourth grader when posed with the question of "what makes me, me?"

there is so much darkness and bad news out there, I just wanted to share with you that a little girl can still find the light.....

she took first place at her school with this writing and is headed for the county contest....

ok, I am done bragging.........for now~~

Proud Momma~

Old 03-15-2010, 06:03 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Good reason to be proud P1!

Old 03-15-2010, 06:49 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kids (sigh) just when you think you have them figured out and nothing they do could surprise you, they surprise you, AGAIN!

Some days I miss when the kids were small but then I remember the "wonder years". Wondering where they were, wondering what they were doing, wondering if they they were ok, wondering if I was going to live through it and I know I would not want to do that part over again.

It all works out though, grandkids are giving my kids some good lessons. Grandkids are pretty good payback for how kids treat parents. Makes me laugh when the kids call with the "Do you know what that kid did TODAY". Then there's the "Dad, you know when I was this age or remember when I did ???? and they say, I'm so sorry. And you finally know you did something right.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:27 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by shorebird
Good reason to be proud P1!
THANKS you, stranger~~~ {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Originally Posted by mistakenID
Kids (sigh) just when you think you have them figured out and nothing they do could surprise you, they surprise you, AGAIN!

Some days I miss when the kids were small but then I remember the "wonder years". Wondering where they were, wondering what they were doing, wondering if they they were ok, wondering if I was going to live through it and I know I would not want to do that part over again.

It all works out though, grandkids are giving my kids some good lessons. Grandkids are pretty good payback for how kids treat parents. Makes me laugh when the kids call with the "Do you know what that kid did TODAY". Then there's the "Dad, you know when I was this age or remember when I did ???? and they say, I'm so sorry. And you finally know you did something right.
I am sooooo looking forward to this....

Old 03-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Good for you, Tammie!........You are right to be proud.

My Daughter is aiming for the Air Force Academy, and her grades are right in line.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:41 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Old93junk
Good for you, Tammie!........You are right to be proud.

My Daughter is aiming for the Air Force Academy, and her grades are right in line.

Air Force *sigh*

LONG story, heartbreak ending

Help her keep her dreams alive, stand behind her, and most important, catch her if she falls.....

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Old 03-16-2010, 10:11 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Congrats to you Tammie for being able to stop and recognize what's good now, instead of worrying about how much better she could be in the future. (or was I supposed to spell your name wrong like everyone else always does)?

Old 03-17-2010, 04:52 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Chris....THANK YOU!!!

I dont live in the past or want for the future....
I live for today and have always tried to keep it
real for my kiddos....so many things can happen
in the blink of an eye......you cannot change the past,
and you sure cannot predict the future, but you can
enjoy each and every moment of the present as you live it!!!

It reminds of some quotes my Daddy used on me all too often.......

If you are still talking about what you did yesterday, you haven't done much today. ~Author Unknown

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today. ~Cherokee Indian Proverb

The past is a good place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. ~Author Unknown

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present. ~Babatunde Olatunji

and my all-time favorite.......

If you have one eye on yesterday, and one eye on tomorrow, you're going to be cockeyed today. ~Author Unknown

As for the name, it doesnt matter how you spell it,
you will NEVER meet another like me.........

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Old 03-17-2010, 05:27 AM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Out of the mouths of babes!! Be proud P1

Old 03-17-2010, 12:03 PM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tammie, you certainly have a reason to be proud!

The words from the song, many years ago ring true -
"Thank Heaven, for Little Girls. . . ."

Old 03-17-2010, 03:51 PM
76f350spercamprspeal
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Wish you and your daughter the best of luck.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:23 PM
DanoFF50
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After reading your philosophy, it's now wonder she is so mature for her age. Congratulations!

Old 03-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Introduce her to plants, and what growing stuff is like....

The real beauty of watching something very tiny gain speed and become tall - and that make things that are so good later.

Show her the cups that sprouts start in, and the vines that follow. The bushes that come up - and what they bear over time - all from tiny little seeds that don't seem like all that much.

I think she will understand all of it! And what it means later - to let food come, just from a tiny wish....

Such small things train the mind and spirit to have big dreams, which can come true

Old 03-18-2010, 05:06 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
thanks everyone....I really appreciate your kind words.....

I just wanted to share this with everyone because of all the dark negative things out there....and one of our young can see the light through it all!!

I am very proud of her!!

Daddy gave me my philosophy and I strongly live by it.......and my children have to put up with it, so I am hoping it rubs off on them some~~

Dutch.....it is cool for you to sy that, she actually has plant pots in her room, she grows flowers and herbs......she also loves to watch (through plasctic cups) the seeds sprout and grow.....

{{{{{hugs}}}}}