Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Car show was good.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car show was good.

Visited with cdncowboy for about 20 minutes, George was there with "ProPicks" as a vendor, almost right at the front of the show just to the left when you enter the show.

Lot's of great rides and vendors, not too crowded even the food vendors were close to reasonable

My favorite pick and please don't beat me up for this but they had a Colorado that had integrated roll bars into the cab and a gorgeous paint job.

Second favorite was a 65 Mustang hardtop convertible yes you read that right, fantastic paint job and cool hardtop.

I really enjoyed seeing cdncowboys Ranger pickup because it (pardon the pun) Jump Starts my excitement for the Arthur show.

P.S. I won't be buying a chevy it was more the paint scheme than the truck, because I just know Frank is going to have a comment

Rick.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:45 AM
77460ford
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I on the other hand was disappointed with this years show. Seemed to be less show cars and more daily drivers, which is not bad for cruise nights but I'd prefer more bling for the buck. Vendors were thin and the booths were scaled back pretty thin, another sign of a slow recovery. That's not to say there wasn't some nice cars, there were some amazing examples of craftsmanship and especially nice if you liked roots style blowers! It was a good father/daughter day out though.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
I hear ya.

Originally Posted by 77460ford
I on the other hand was disappointed with this years show. Seemed to be less show cars and more daily drivers, which is not bad for cruise nights but I'd prefer more bling for the buck. Vendors were thin and the booths were scaled back pretty thin, another sign of a slow recovery. That's not to say there wasn't some nice cars, there were some amazing examples of craftsmanship and especially nice if you liked roots style blowers! It was a good father/daughter day out though.
But for me it's the first show of spring(summer) and my expectations were lower due to the economy being in a funk, I get to spend the afternoon with my pal and look at what others are doing with their rides, the weather was crap so what better way to spend 3 or so hours?

I will say there was one disappointment for me that was the female models(and I use that term very loosely) most of them were skanky I know the show is guysentric but there were families here with their kids, could the show organizers not class it up a bit with at least a minimum wardrobe requirement and if you have a beer belly and you're a spokesmodel for an automotive or parts company maybe it's time for a career change.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:54 PM
harleyfx
Freshman User
Sorry guys been busy so Out of the loop a bit, which show is it you speak of ??

Old 03-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Performance Wolrd at the Toronto International Centre

Originally Posted by harleyfx
Sorry guys been busy so Out of the loop a bit, which show is it you speak of ??
Every year around the same time.

It's a good show to start off the car show season.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:38 PM
77460ford
Posting Guru
I hear you about the models, and I use that term loosely. My 16 year old daughter had a look of disgust because they were only a small step up from a cheap street walker. Another sign of getting older, since when was music fidelity based purely on volume? Trying to ask a question of a stereo vendor and you could feel your eyeballs vibrating, yeah that's quality.
All in all it was just nice to get out of the house and see some cars and trucks and talk with some like minded people .

Old 03-17-2010, 07:24 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
No Taste

You would think a SHOW being this big, somebody in the office could keep their minds off the cows in the corral.( Yes some form of clothing rules, beer guts on women or men should be covered not allowed to be topless)
Better off having the rat rods their with their Rock A Billy Pin-Up Girls

Old 03-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Cheer's on the Rock'a'Billy Girls.

Originally Posted by falconqueenD
You would think a SHOW being this big, somebody in the office could keep their minds off the cows in the corral.( Yes some form of clothing rules, beer guts on women or men should be covered not allowed to be topless)
Better off having the rat rods their with their Rock A Billy Pin-Up Girls
I think is the fourties hairdos that do it for me

Old 03-18-2010, 08:29 AM
LightningRyan
Senior User
Are you guys talking about performance world?

Old 03-22-2010, 07:54 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Rods'N' Broads

Yup'er that's the one.
If you want to come to a cool show,try THE UNFINISHED NATIONALS in PARIS ON. the end of June.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:03 PM
touchngo
New User
We had a booth there again, ONTARIO MUD RACING ORGANIZATION, had both trucks there, my wife's superstock 86 ford bronco, MUD PRINCESS, and my prostock 92 Ranger, TOUCH 'N' GO 2, as well as one of the open class rail cars.
decent show definatly smaller then last year, some of those girls did get us alot of attention though, the booth 3 doors down had 2 girls handing out flyers and that caused a slow down and alot of people stopped and watched the tv we had playing while they tried to get by the crowd

Old 03-24-2010, 04:06 AM
77460ford
Posting Guru
I did like your display, you even had a sticker on your truck to my other favorite internet site for the beloved 460 .

Old 03-24-2010, 09:48 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I haven't gone to this show in at least 3-4 years. I was'nt that impressed the last time. Admission price was kinda hi and although the cars were nice, I 'd prefer to walk through the swap meet and working class rides of the out door shows.I have been meaning to check out the unfinished nationals in Paris but I haven't been able to make it yet.
I actually had my mustang in this show when it was called ""Motion", I won't say how far back that was but the participation plaque has the year on it if I can dig it up. They still send me registration info every year!

I may go next year if Rick enters his Blazer...... oops...

Frank