Good diesel shop in Richmond?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 04:40 PM
jpcjguy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good diesel shop in Richmond?

Hey all,

I have been hanging out in the Excursion section - picked up a 2002 with the 7.3 last year. Someone there pointed me over to the VA chapter.
No issues so far, but wanted to see if anyone knows of any good 7.3 diesel mechanics in the Richmond area for future reference.

Thanks!
Joe

Old 03-23-2010, 05:52 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stay FAR FAR AWAY from Sheehey Ford in Midlothian! They had my 05 F350 in their shop for little over 2 months trying to fix a messed up branch tube. They went through 5 branch tubes and 2 timing covers, scratched my hood taking it on and off so many times. It took me getting Ford customer service involved because it was all warranty issues and they were trying to charge me. I know a few people that have dealt with Richmond Ford and said they are really good with the diesels, so that would be my best bet for you if you want to go the dealership route.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:47 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
i'd figure out a way to get it to cavalier garage in virginia beach...they're the only ones i'll let touch my truck...although i guess i really should get the speed sensor recall work done at the stealership

Old 03-23-2010, 08:40 PM
jpcjguy
Senior User
Thanks for the responses. Richmond Ford is around the corner from me - good to know they are decent.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:52 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know they do a lot of fleet vehicles and when I had my issues, the customer service rep from Ford was hinting that if Sheehey didn't fix my truck to my satisfaction, that they would have it towed over to Richmond Ford and let them have a go at it.