1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just picked up my new truck.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 07:30 PM
bunklash
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your gonna luv how it pulls that 5er. Congrats, it's a beaut!

Old 03-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Pinky Demon
Posting Guru
I like that truck! Hope it treats you well in the coming years!

Old 03-09-2010, 08:23 PM
tn_viper
Freshman User
Nice! have fun

Old 03-10-2010, 09:07 PM
edjunior
Cargo Master
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts
Wow..thanks everyone. I really took a chance when I got this. I still had my old one, and it wasn't paid off yet. My neighbor wanted it, but he couldn't get it without selling his first. And a mutual friend of ours wanted his, but was waffling as well. But I felt good that I could sell it for enough to at least pay off what I owed. So my neighbor told me to go ahead and do what I needed to do. So I stuck it in our neighborhood "lemon lot", asking $11,000 for it. It stayed there a whole hour and a half. The guy offered me $10,000 cash, and tonight he has himself a new truck! Do you know what it's like to hold $10,000 in $100 bills?? I do. I feel very confident I will never be able to do it again. But wow, it feels good. And My wife is ecstatic that the truck sold so quick.

Anyway, just had to share!

Old 03-11-2010, 04:26 AM
Thistle3595
Senior User
Originally Posted by kylebryan
looks like a job 1 truck. Get ready to put a radiator in it.. haha Im on my second one! Very nice looking truck though. Get you a spartan!
Nice looking truck! I just found a long bed but my wife is really concerned about handling it in tight places.

Will adding a Spartan help the fuel mileage even if you don't do anything with the cat/dpf and if so how much economy can you rxpect?

Old 03-11-2010, 06:18 AM
Surge08
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet Ride, don't forget to update your signature.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:24 AM
ontariofarmer
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice truck. The colour looks GREAT.

I think I would have to get used to the long box too, I've always had a short box.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:56 AM
msgtord
Posting Guru
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Really nice truck. Congrats.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:39 AM
kylebryan
Senior User
Originally Posted by Thistle3595
Nice looking truck! I just found a long bed but my wife is really concerned about handling it in tight places.

Will adding a Spartan help the fuel mileage even if you don't do anything with the cat/dpf and if so how much economy can you rxpect?

Yes the spartan will help some. But your biggest gains will be from taking the doc/dpf off the truck. Its not a hard job to do and its worth every dime of the delete kit. Im telling you though, the spartan will change the way you look at the 6.4!

Old 03-11-2010, 08:58 AM
rotun
Reads ***** rules!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I believe the 10,000lb gvwr is an option given as alot of states require "commercial" registration for GVWR over 10,000, which makes it nice on the wallet!
It is nice to hold that many $100 bills. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Las Vegas! Also, get a security pen and check all of them. I got burned with counterfeit bills and the secret service was knocking on my door after paying a few bills with them.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:58 PM
edjunior
Cargo Master
Heh..all those bills are likely going right back in the same bank they came out of. Probably tonight. It's a little scary even knowing that much cash is laying around. But dem...gotta enjoy it a little!

Old 03-07-2011, 09:02 PM
edjunior
Cargo Master
Well, as I revisit this thread, I find it pretty interesting. It has been right near a year since I bought it, and I now have just over 51,000 miles on it. I had a new radiator and thermostat put in at around 27,000 miles (shortly after I got it). The Ford dealer was fantastic and they made a customer. No issues with it since then (knockin on wood!).

I've done all the maintenance at or close to recommended specs (around 5,000 miles, filters 10,000), and have had no issues.

The regens were bothering me since many times it would be in regen as I pulled into my parking space at work or my driveway. So I got the Ford dealer (once again, reps to them) to flash the 'puter to the latest version. Regen was much better, and rarely (I think once or twice since) does it go into regen when parking.

The new flash also did some good for towing (torque increase??). When I pulled the 5th wheel over overpasses on the highway, it almost always downshifted if I didn't catch the pedal in time. My last trip over the weekend (first time pulling since the flash), it never once downshifted. In fact, the RPM's barely moved.

And finally, get at least a monitoring device for the engine. The gauges are horribly inaccurate. Mainly the tranny temp gauge. Just sitting in the driveway warming up for a few minutes, the tranny gauge will start moving up. Within a couple of miles, it will be up to its normal operating position. And in all the pulling with the 5th wheel, the gauge has never moved from its operating position. But since I've had the Edge Insight on there, I've been able to see what is really going on. Even when the gauge is in its normal operating position, the temp when first starting out would be below 100 degrees. The gauge would never move even as the temp would rise. Same position after a couple of miles as the temp finally got to 150 - 155 degrees. I would have loved to have had that insight (pun intended) while pulling some of the hills around Branson!

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I absolutely love this truck. Even while diesel fuel prices are nearing $4.00 a gallon, I can't help but drive it over the TrailBlazer. Heck, the TB only gets about 3 - 4 mpg more anyway. Here's to another year and another 25,000 miles...and beyond.

Oh, and the guy that bought my old truck...every time I see him (he lives just down the street), he says "Man...I love this truck". He is still pulling his 6,000 pound travel trailer, and he even keeps it a bit cleaner than I did.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:35 AM
BigPigDaddy
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, that year went fast! Mine is right at one year ownership also, but I've only put on 6,220 miles as of tonight. I am glad because the price of fuel sucks, but man do I love driving my truck!

Old 03-08-2011, 05:18 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
did you guys here there is a new flash out there. Suppose to be for free. I really don't know the full details yet but it appears to be some upgraded PCM software that will closer monitor yourr vitals as well.

Stay tuned.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:44 AM
edjunior
Cargo Master
I haven't heard Scott...where did you hear this?

Quick Reply: Just picked up my new truck.