Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel problem while running

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Slackdawg05
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel problem while running

Ok I have plenty of fuel and fuel pressure when the truck is not running being that I have two electric pumps on it but after it is started and ran for awhile I loose my fuel pressure to almost nothing. Anyone have any ideas iv already replaced all the injector return orings, caps and lines. Thanks for the help

Old 03-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Filmy
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a typical partial clog - either the filter or in-tank fuel pump pick-ups. You probably have years of crap and gunk in the bottom of your tank(s).

Time for a douche.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:42 AM
subford
Fleet Owner
Received 223 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Slackdawg05
Ok I have plenty of fuel and fuel pressure when the truck is not running being that I have two electric pumps on it but after it is started and ran for awhile I loose my fuel pressure to almost nothing. Anyone have any ideas iv already replaced all the injector return orings, caps and lines.
You say you have two electric fuel pumps an I will guess you are working on your 1994 F350. You have electric fuel pumps so it is a gas job.
I do not know what you are talking about by replacing the injector return orings, caps and lines. The injectord do not have return "O" rings, the return fuel is sent back to the Fuel tank by the Fuel Pressure Regulator.
That said you may have a stoppage in your Fuel filter and you would need to change it.
You have two tanks (2 pumps) so if it does it on both tanks then I would think it unlikely that the sock in the tank has a stoppage.
You could have two bad pumps but if they are still running and you loose pressure that is not likely either.
So I would say change the fuel filter on the frame.