Just finished GP replacement +...Thanks Jim

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 03:41 PM
brownie83
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just finished GP replacement +...Thanks Jim

hey guys and gals...
just got done replacing 2 GPs, retorquing injectors and rocker hold downs. just wanted to thank everyone for their help...ESPCIALLY JIM. rat49f6 he gave me his cell number and i had to call a couple times. hope i wasnt a pain...i would have never attempted this without the ppl from this forum and JIM's help. its nice to know ppl are still willing to help others...
as for the job...it took 4 hrs and i have NEVER worked on a diesel. so you guys wondering about doing this or having the dealership do it...YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF. there were no special tools, just removing parts to get the covers off. it was semi-tough, but with patience and persistance it is not hard. there are some great write ups on here already documenting the procedure.

if you need any help with this feel free to contact me, or better yet if you want a "pros" answer...contact Jim....
thanks again to all

Old 02-25-2010, 05:07 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Way to go Chris.

Not only did you save a bunch of money and gain experience but you also have that since of accomplishment. Feels good doesn't it?

And here's to Jim as well.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:12 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good job Chris!! I am really proud of both Jim and Matt as well they both have come a long way since last October.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:28 PM
brownie83
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah...it does feel good. i always have loved working on my stuff. i hope in 6 months i can understand these engines as good as some of you. im learning as i go...
thanks..