ATS TURBO UPGRADE KIT'S IN STOCK..BETTER HURRY - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L)
Reload this Page >

ATS TURBO UPGRADE KIT'S IN STOCK..BETTER HURRY

Notices
Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Old 02-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Crew-it
Senior User
Crew-it is starting off with a positive reputation.

Just got off the phone with ATS. The turbo upgrade kit is in stock now. I was on a waiting list for it and was told they would contact me when it came in and THEY DID! Excellent customer service! Got mine ordered and is shipping out tonight..Even sweet talked them into a free hat for me being so patient! I'm grabbin a beer..It's 5 o'clock somewhere right?

Old 02-23-2010, 02:35 PM
tlk50
Elder User
tlk50 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Crew-it,
What all come with the upgrade kit? I can't seem to find it on the net.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Crew-it
Senior User
I've never been able to find it using they're "menu". You have to search by
part number "202-903-3158" on their web site. It includes new turbine housing, new waste gated outlet housing and the 3 inch down pipe. It's $575 plus shipping and I didn't have to pay tax because I don't live in their state.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Sycostang67
Post Fiend
Sycostang67 has a very good reputation on FTE.Sycostang67 has a very good reputation on FTE.Sycostang67 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thats good to hear, always seen getting the backorder runaround.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:14 PM
tlk50
Elder User
tlk50 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Called Ats to buy one but got put on hold then the computer told me to leave a message? I'll try tomorrow.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:39 PM
marencom
New User
marencom is starting off with a positive reputation.
Installation

Someone recommended this for my 1994 F350 7.3L. Are they difficult to install? Will I need to take it to a shop or is it something I could do myself?
Thanks...
Marc

Originally Posted by Crew-it View Post
Just got off the phone with ATS. The turbo upgrade kit is in stock now. I was on a waiting list for it and was told they would contact me when it came in and THEY DID! Excellent customer service! Got mine ordered and is shipping out tonight..Even sweet talked them into a free hat for me being so patient! I'm grabbin a beer..It's 5 o'clock somewhere right?

Old 07-25-2010, 01:17 AM
oreocreaming
Postmaster
oreocreaming is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
if were talking about the same thing, its the 5 bolt exhaust turn down that comes off the turbo, and the downpipe bolts to it. also available a new downpipe. its 3" non crushed instead of the 2.25" stock junk. THANKS for the post man. im calling tomorrow. been waiting since november for it to be done

Old 07-25-2010, 11:28 AM
94 smokin stroker
Elder User
94 smokin stroker is starting off with a positive reputation.
ok guys got 1 little problem dont have 500 bucks but want to just do the down pipe can a shop or pipe shop make me a d pipe cause i will buy this kit but cant afford it right know but like the 3 in d pipe thnks

Old 07-25-2010, 01:22 PM
oreocreaming
Postmaster
you can have a shop make the downpipe BUT your turbo exhaust still is only 2.25" so your not helping it nearly as much.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Crew-it
Senior User
I don't think the factory outlet housing will accept a straight pipe fit. It uses one of those "v" flanges to attach the factory down pipe so you would have to try and find a shop that can prep the end of it with that type of a fitting. The dealer installed ATS kits are different from the factory ones. Oreocreaming's right, you won't get near the benefit just putting the downpipe on. It's not just the size of the downpipe that's important, it's the size of the outlet housing the downpipe connects to. When I did mine, I also had to replace the cross over pipe and the "up pipe" due to normal wear on them. Didn't want to put worn out parts on new parts. Would have only wore out the new parts fairly soon. Up pipe and cross over pipe were about $90 bucks I think and I paid a "ATS authorized dealer" to do my install. It cost about $700 for the install and took him about 6 hours of actual work time. The biggest thing to watch for if doing it yourself is unbolting the factory turbine housing from the turbo. Those bolts have been on a long time and gone through some crazy heat cycles their whole life so they can be really sticky. I'd plan on giving them some time to soak in some WD-40 before getting too much torque on them. You don't want to twist one of those off in your compressor housing. That could be an expensive can of worms to open. Also, doing the turbo upgrade kit alone won't give a big benefit if you're still running the stock exhaust system. I bought a 4" stainless Diamond Eye system for a 94 powerstroke and just used from the downpipe back. Sold the downpipe for 75 bucks so when said and done, the exhaust cost me about 250 bucks.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Dave Sponaugle
Post Fiend
Dave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to behold

Turbo outlet flange.

Downpipe

ATS stuff on the left
Stock Ford on the right

From another member, I guess there were a couple different bolt patterns used on the outlet flange.
So that kit comes with a new turbo hot side shell to make sure the outlet flange will bolt up.

I have a couple turbos, the outlet flange I have will bolt to all of them just fine.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:30 PM
94 smokin stroker
Elder User
94 smokin stroker is starting off with a positive reputation.
well that sucks then guess ill just wait till santa clause wants to throw me some green lol thnks for the help guys

Old 07-26-2010, 10:50 AM
oreocreaming
Postmaster
who did you talk to? i just talked to jason and he said they do NOT have the kit, nor will they for atleast another 6 months. funny becayse they told me the same exact thing 6 months ago. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i just want a god damn exhaust elbow and a downpipe!!!!!

Old 07-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Festus Hagen
Methanoholic
Festus Hagen has a great reputation on FTE.Festus Hagen has a great reputation on FTE.Festus Hagen has a great reputation on FTE.Festus Hagen has a great reputation on FTE.Festus Hagen has a great reputation on FTE.
Did you ask them point blank if they are going to keep supporting the IDI ??

-Enjoy
fh : )_~

Old 07-26-2010, 12:10 PM
oreocreaming
Postmaster
yes, they said they said they never wanted to stop any production but the company supplying them quit making it. They are working as fast as they can to "handle your needs"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ATS TURBO UPGRADE KIT'S IN STOCK..BETTER HURRY

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.