ATS TURBO UPGRADE KIT'S IN STOCK..BETTER HURRY - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L)
Reload this Page >

ATS TURBO UPGRADE KIT'S IN STOCK..BETTER HURRY

Notices
Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

ATS TURBO UPGRADE KIT'S IN STOCK..BETTER HURRY

Old 02-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Dave Sponaugle
Post Fiend
Dave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to behold
If Ford did not smash the down pipe and put that small outlet on the turbo and that great big muffler, the 7.3 IDI turbo would have made more power than the Power Stroke did.

Remember the top HP numbers out of a Power Stroke through 97 was 235 HP.
96 was only 225 HP.
94 and 95 were 215 HP.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:24 AM
wreckinball
Postmaster
wreckinball is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
dave did you rid yourself of the intake setup on your ATS or did you use the big box?

Old 02-16-2011, 01:02 AM
farmert
Postmaster
farmert has a very good reputation on FTE.farmert has a very good reputation on FTE.farmert has a very good reputation on FTE.farmert has a very good reputation on FTE.
Wreck There is no gasket between the elbow and body of the turbo. When I changed mine over to the 3", I soaked the bolts with PB Blaster, andwhen I removed the bolts I had a good 12 point wrench on the bolts, and hit the wrench a sharp blow with a hammer. The bolts came right out after the blow broke them loose.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:07 AM
1994F2507.3L
Posting Guru
1994F2507.3L is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.1994F2507.3L is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by wreckinball View Post
goes from a tiny 2.25" outlet elbow and squashed 2.25" pipe to the large 3" housing outlet elbow and mandrel 3" down pipe.
what does this upgrade kit cost? and am i gonna see amazing differences in the performance? in other words is it worth whatever the cost is.....

and is there any confirmation that ATS still has it and if not who does?

will i be able to at least match or slightly outperform my buddies stock 95 stroke?

Old 02-16-2011, 09:16 AM
snaponprofile
Postmaster
snaponprofile is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ya'll will ATS turbos, can you hear them spooling up from inside the cab?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:05 AM
wreckinball
Postmaster
I know that if you put on a wicked wheel it screams haha. I really hope so though! Love that sound!!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:39 AM
snaponprofile
Postmaster
snaponprofile is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just asking cause I can really hear the turbo whine with the banks. Makes me smile ear to ear every time

Old 02-16-2011, 10:41 AM
1994F2507.3L
Posting Guru
1994F2507.3L is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.1994F2507.3L is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
anything on how much it cost and where to get it? i didn't see anything entering the part number into the search on ATS site.....

Old 02-16-2011, 10:44 AM
1994F2507.3L
Posting Guru
good god 575$ i found it but wow! 575$ hell thats a lot of money for a piece of pipe that probably didnt cost 50 bucks and most of thats cost im giving to the slight bends. now i was expecting in the 300 dollar range for the outlet and housing and such but wow almost 600 dollars.....

Old 02-16-2011, 11:06 AM
wreckinball
Postmaster
yeah the money is all in the housing not the pipe. I dont know if its still available or not, if you saw it i am guessing it is. For the money, overtime you would get your money back in power gains and similar but yeah its pricey. Get it like i did and trade for an entire ATS setup with new housing and downpipe, for my second IP. Felt like a bandit. lol

Old 02-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Crew-it
Senior User
Crew-it is starting off with a positive reputation.
I gotta say that after all the time, money and hassle with the ATS upgrade kit, I'm not as impressed as I thought I'd be with it all. Still a good gain but I certainly didn't go "OH FUDGE" over it. EGT's did come way down, mileage stayed bout the same and boost went to about 10. I have my pump turned up a quarter turn and want to give it another flat and see what happens. My pump also has the "torque screw" on it. Backed it out the recommended 3 turns for max gain. I actually had to turn that back in 2 turns when I moved to Reno. The altitude is a lot higher so the air's thinner. I was getting way to much fuel on the low end and smoked like pig with even a little throttle off the line. It's gonna help when I put my big K & N on and triple the available air then I'm gonna mess with the pump again. The next BIG ticket item is going to be a billet torque converter. I still have the factory one in it so I know there's a lot of lost hp and torque not getting to the ground. All in all it was money well spent simply by the motor finally getting to breath and getting the EGT's down. I was reading somewhere (I'll try and find it and post it) that ATS is working on a "NEW AND IMPROVED" kit for the IDI's that is going to come with the Aurora 3000 turbo. Of course, for a nominal price increase. LOL

Old 02-16-2011, 12:39 PM
wreckinball
Postmaster
haha yeah for a fee!! hahaha, im going to see how far i can smash my firewall without destroying it, just see if i can get more 4" pipe on it, why, just because its fun! hehehe

Old 02-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Crew-it
Senior User
One thing I noticed on mine was that there's plenty of room to run a 4 inch down pipe without having to do anything to the fire wall. I even thought about putting a 3 inch by 4 inch adapter in the outlet housing and having an exhaust shop use the ATS down pipe as a sample to bend one out of 4 inch pipe. Could work. One thing I forgot to say bout my ATS set up is that it has a loud whistle sound to it all the time. I was told that it's just how the ATS turbine housings sound from the way they're designed. I can still hear the turbo but it also has that whistle.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Crew-it
Senior User
I found where I read about the ATS changes and coming with the Aurora 3000. It's on J and H diesel's page about the ATS kit.

Production Note: ATS is out of production of the 6.9/7.3 turbo kit at this time. The kit is being re-designed with the Aurora 3000 turbo and design and testing is not yet complete. Target date for production of the turbo kit is mid March 2011.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Dave Sponaugle
Post Fiend
Dave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to beholdDave Sponaugle is a splendid one to behold
If you install a 2" body lift, you will have room for a 4" down pipe without touching the fire wall.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ATS TURBO UPGRADE KIT'S IN STOCK..BETTER HURRY

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.