Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

New Pa. chapter member in search for a classic Ford truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 10:27 AM
BeauF0RD
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Pa. chapter member in search for a classic Ford truck

Hello Pa. Chapter members, I have been looking for a classic 1967-1979 Ford truck for over two years now. I have decided to come to a group of guys that love Ford trucks and humbly ask for any help you could provide. I admit I'm picky with pockets that are not so deep. I am looking for a truck that has the patina look but not a rust bucket since I have no welding skills. I want a stick shift so I can teach my children to use a clutch. I really want a truck that is a driver, not one that has been sitting around in a backyard somewhere. Since my funds are limited I have been looking for a truck fairly close to York Pa. so I could just drive it home. I look on Craigslist, E-bay, Search tempest, several times a day and will continue to do so. Thank you for any assistance you are able to provide me.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:31 PM
BeauF0RD
Elder User
Looking forward to Carlisle Truck Nationals tomorrow morning. Hopefully there will be a 67-79 ford truck there for sale that i like and can afford.

Old 08-06-2016, 01:02 PM
BeauF0RD
Elder User
I saw a lot of nice 67-79 ford trucks at the C. truck Nationals but wasn"t able to bring one home So the search continues.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:36 PM
BeauF0RD
Elder User
Originally Posted by BeauF0RD
I saw a lot of nice 67-79 ford trucks at the C. truck Nationals but wasn"t able to bring one home So the search continues.
This is a example of a truck I saw at the truck nationals that I would be happy to own. I'm not asking for much

Old 08-06-2016, 08:12 PM
BeauF0RD
Elder User
Of course this truck was not for sale. I did hope to meet the owner but he was not around. I took my first go round of the fair grounds and the truck was gone by the time I got back around. If he and the truck would have still been there I would have at least asked him if he would consider sailing the truck. I have 5k to shop with and can't find a truck.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:41 PM
Derek86
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The car corral at Carlisle Truck had a really poor selection.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:55 PM
BeauF0RD
Elder User
Originally Posted by Derek86
The car corral at Carlisle Truck had a really poor selection.
I agree, did you make it up on the hill? there were several trucks I would have liked to own that were in my price range.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Derek86
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BeauF0RD
I agree, did you make it up on the hill? there were several trucks I would have liked to own that were in my price range.
I rode up through there but didn't get to see too much.

I didn't spend too much time at the show, I didn't stay past 10 on Saturday morning, and Friday they had a country concert (for some awful reason), so I really just spent my time cruising the swap area.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:24 PM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
the corral had a 94 and 95, both for about 5K, the 95 owner had it at a local dealer, and after he got there, wrote a higher price on the window with 'reduced' in front of the 5K...it pays to be there wednesday!

A guy came in with a 90 XLT 155wb, but I fear it could have issues starting.

otherwise, saw very little in your age range ford wise for sale...now squares....lots of them.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:34 PM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Good luck with your search! Most anything of that era in PA is most likely to be pretty rusty, and could still cost most of your $5k. Go figure??? All the good stuff is down south and out west. If you look on Hemmings website, there's some on there right now. You could hire an appraiser to look at the truck for you, and then hire a transport service to deliver it to your home. Don't know how much that would eat into your budget, though...

Old 08-13-2016, 09:01 AM
BeauF0RD
Elder User
Originally Posted by Pgh Rebel
Good luck with your search! Most anything of that era in PA is most likely to be pretty rusty, and could still cost most of your $5k. Go figure??? All the good stuff is down south and out west. If you look on Hemmings website, there's some on there right now. You could hire an appraiser to look at the truck for you, and then hire a transport service to deliver it to your home. Don't know how much that would eat into your budget, though...
Thanks for the suggestion, I do watch other sights with trucks at far away places. But in the end I really want a truck close to home that i can look at and drive before buying. Again I don't mind some rust thru if the truck has the look and drive I'm looking for It will happen sooner or later and you guys that have been following my thread will know pronto.

Old 08-13-2016, 10:51 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Be patient, don't fall in love with the first tetanus carrier that you come across. You plan on to keep the truck for a while right? You'll be far better off starting with one in good shape than one that needs lots of work.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:32 AM
BeauF0RD
Elder User
Originally Posted by Tedster9
Be patient, don't fall in love with the first tetanus carrier that you come across. You plan on to keep the truck for a while right? You'll be far better off starting with one in good shape than one that needs lots of work.
I've been patiently looking for over two years now. I don't want to borrow and I'm particular so I have to be patient.

Old 08-13-2016, 12:11 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
OK good. Be willing to travel, find a good truck and fly out, drive home that kind of thing.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:18 PM
BeauF0RD
Elder User
Still haven't found my (67-79) classic Ford truck so I guess it's back to Carlisle for me come October 1.

Quick Reply: New Pa. chapter member in search for a classic Ford truck