Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

What Have YOU Done To Your Truck Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 08:00 AM
Bud Mud
Laughing Gas
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
took mine for a drive today,its cold here in Mich.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:54 PM
somethingclever
Cargo Master
Received 188 Likes on 135 Posts
going to PA_F250's house today after work to help dial in his fresh BBF....gotta get it ready for a dyno session!

Old 07-23-2014, 07:36 PM
big-ugly
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by somethingclever
going to PA_F250's house today after work to help dial in his fresh BBF....gotta get it ready for a dyno session!
Correct me if I'm wrong.. but isn't the dyno session to help you get your engine tuned to it's maximum performance?.. The last engine we (me, my father, and uncle) had on the dyno was a 455 olds big block. We tuned it during dyno runs to make sure that it was dialed in perfectly..

Old 07-23-2014, 09:17 PM
blue04.5
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty much, either max performance or optimal desired performance.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:25 PM
GaRedneck91
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put some sanderson ff427 headers on 75 f100 390 and they sound mean goin down the road nm with no pipes yet.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:38 PM
OldMetal
Elder User
I just finished doing a complete rear brake job on my 77 F150 4X4, now I'm on to fixing up the inside of the camper shell along with some other maintenance, this is my hobby truck, I repair and maintain it and use it to go camping and fishing in. In the camper shell I have a full kitchen setup that of course needs to be done out of the shell, a place to plug my phone charger in, basicly all the luxuries of home with the exception of indoor plumbing

Old 07-23-2014, 10:37 PM
ShaneNP123
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by OldMetal
I just finished doing a complete rear brake job on my 77 F150 4X4, now I'm on to fixing up the inside of the camper shell along with some other maintenance, this is my hobby truck, I repair and maintain it and use it to go camping and fishing in. In the camper shell I have a full kitchen setup that of course needs to be done out of the shell, a place to plug my phone charger in, basicly all the luxuries of home with the exception of indoor plumbing

Would love to see some pictures of your shell setup. I've always wanted to do this with a pickup for long road trips by myself. And I plan on going through with it when I'm done my '79.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:02 AM
somethingclever
Cargo Master
Received 188 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by big-ugly
Correct me if I'm wrong.. but isn't the dyno session to help you get your engine tuned to it's maximum performance?.. The last engine we (me, my father, and uncle) had on the dyno was a 455 olds big block. We tuned it during dyno runs to make sure that it was dialed in perfectly..
You pay by the hour so we want to get it as close to optimal as possible before we get there. This is a chassis dyno btw.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:17 PM
PA F250
Senior User
Was today but I reinstalled the heater controls after first figuring out the switch wiring. Lost my meter so had to improvise.

Also gave her a fresh bath a couple days back.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:58 PM
JWC 3
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Finally put on an AC belt , and put in one can of R12 . 2 cans left in stock ! Getting scarce ... I Now have cold air again .

Old 07-24-2014, 09:02 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,279 Likes on 2,437 Posts
Finally got time to installed my classic old school Craig cassette player in ol red and got the wires run up the A pillar across the roof and down the B pillar then out a small hole at the bottom on both sides.

Started it and let it idle for a while, back to more interior work tomorrow.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:06 PM
AK FORD GUY
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Finally got time to installed my classic old school Craig cassette player in ol red and got the wires run up the A pillar across the roof and down the B pillar then out a small hole at the bottom on both sides.

Started it and let it idle for a while, back to more interior work tomorrow.
That should look sweet. I came across an old Alpine and Kenwood I couldn't pass up for the blue truck.

**EDIT**

Guess I should add what I did to my truck today, nothing... I am out of town for work. During my last days home I did manage to sneak away from the house for a few hours and got my new (over a year and a half old) master cylinder painted. It was completely rusted up from the moisture in the air. Them things are a pain to paint once installed. Small victory, but satisfying

Old 07-24-2014, 10:41 PM
OldMetal
Elder User
Originally Posted by ShaneNP123
Would love to see some pictures of your shell setup. I've always wanted to do this with a pickup for long road trips by myself. And I plan on going through with it when I'm done my '79.
Hi Shane, I'm on a smart phone and not sure how or if I can send pics so let me try to describe what I did.
The inside of the bed is painted brown, the inside of the shell has a light pine colored paneling on the sides, the top was left bare to help reflect light as it is simple aluminum shell, the bottom of the bed is covered with padding and carpeted. I have 12 volt lights set up in the rear and front for short term use and along the left front a two plug power point set up. My kitchen is a box I built and has a removable top shelf, in it I carry eating utensils, craving knives, can opener etc. Under it I have plates and two shallow tupper ware containers for washing dishes in, one for washing the other for rinsing in, along with paper towels and TP. I carry a ten inch dutch oven which I often cook in but also use it to heat water for cleaning. I carry a small propane camp stove and a small charcoal bbq'er. If need be I can set the camp stove on top of the box inside the shell and cook a meal, The shell has side windows I can open for ventilation, everything can be removed easily and I can slide it all to one side to make sleeping room. Along the left side between the fender well and the front of the I have a small shelf where the power points are, I can set my phone on there or use it as a dinning table. I kept it all very simple but it's also very versatile and can be use at large bbqs and such. I have a tripod I can take to hang my dutch oven on and a dutch oven table so I can use it to bake in as well.
Hope this gives you some ideas for yours

Old 07-25-2014, 01:07 AM
ShaneNP123
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by OldMetal
Hi Shane, I'm on a smart phone and not sure how or if I can send pics so let me try to describe what I did.
The inside of the bed is painted brown, the inside of the shell has a light pine colored paneling on the sides, the top was left bare to help reflect light as it is simple aluminum shell, the bottom of the bed is covered with padding and carpeted. I have 12 volt lights set up in the rear and front for short term use and along the left front a two plug power point set up. My kitchen is a box I built and has a removable top shelf, in it I carry eating utensils, craving knives, can opener etc. Under it I have plates and two shallow tupper ware containers for washing dishes in, one for washing the other for rinsing in, along with paper towels and TP. I carry a ten inch dutch oven which I often cook in but also use it to heat water for cleaning. I carry a small propane camp stove and a small charcoal bbq'er. If need be I can set the camp stove on top of the box inside the shell and cook a meal, The shell has side windows I can open for ventilation, everything can be removed easily and I can slide it all to one side to make sleeping room. Along the left side between the fender well and the front of the I have a small shelf where the power points are, I can set my phone on there or use it as a dinning table. I kept it all very simple but it's also very versatile and can be use at large bbqs and such. I have a tripod I can take to hang my dutch oven on and a dutch oven table so I can use it to bake in as well.
Hope this gives you some ideas for yours
Thanks. sounds cozy.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Mustangking1
Senior User
Took my truck to a A/C shop

Took my truck to a A/C shop to have the system looked at.

I was hoping that the cost would have been lower - $1,350 to fix the A/C. It will be done monday.
Atleast the A/C will be cold!
Truck getting worked on at the A/C shop.

Quick Reply: What Have YOU Done To Your Truck Today?