final assembly plant windshield sticker - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

final assembly plant windshield sticker

Old 08-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Posting Guru

lakewood is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
both my truck are missing the KTP sticker, been wanting to get one.

To superduties being made in mexico, my 01 f-350 was made there....
Old 08-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Posting Guru

nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.
yup I'm glad to be CANADIAN I don't have to give a poop whether or not my truck or bike was American made. I just buy whatever kind I like best. I don't have to buy a bike thats trying its best to be trapped in 1900 technology, just because its the only one made in my country
Old 08-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Freshman User

Huskerville is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
yup I'm glad to be CANADIAN I don't have to give a poop whether or not my truck or bike was American made. I just buy whatever kind I like best. I don't have to buy a bike thats trying its best to be trapped in 1900 technology, just because its the only one made in my country

Its because you dont have any pride in your country. But then again you didnt have to fight for your independence.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Talked with my sticker guy and he looked over the files and says no problem to make them. I will be going over by his place today for measurements and stuff. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Postmaster

BigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headviking View Post
The are made in Mexico and Kentucky Truck. When I ordered my truck I insisted that my truck be made in Kentucky or no deal. I had them put it in the agreement (contract). That's where it was made and I'm proud of it.
Reps sent for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975StroppeBaja View Post
I recall a couple members here complaining that theirs SD's was built in Mexico and folks were wondering how they ended up in the US. If memory serves they were both out on the west coast. Maybe they got smuggled in from Mexico?

So they are "undocumented trucks"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
Yeah, Canadians are glad to be Canadians whereas Americans are proud to be Americans!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Postmaster

1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPigDaddy View Post
So they are "undocumented trucks"?
Maybe... or "hot" ones
Old 08-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Posting Guru

nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.nitrogen has a spectacular reputation.
nope not about pride. its about recognizing that something isn't automatically the best because it was made in a certain geographical position. Japan makes some great stuff, so does the USA, germany, britain.... etc on and on. each one of them also make some stuff that is absolute junk.what makes a product great is a corporation that recognizes flaws and improves the product rather than mindlessly continuing to make the same shoddy product over and over. I'm just saying i don't feel obligated to buy something built in the USA or Canada unless i feel its the best for what i need it to do, open up your computer you're typing on not one of them is truly made in the USA with american components and yet you don't go i can't buy that 1 cuz its not american.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Freshman User

Huskerville is starting off with a positive reputation.
Its not just about the quailty of the product. I know some countrys make better things than others.. If its made in America then most likely it was made by an AMERICAN. For me its about keeping jobs in America. To many companies now a days see things in $ signs. So they "out source" products. Thats why I prefer to buy Made in U.S.A products
Old 08-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Elder User

Thenewboss has a good reputation on FTE.Thenewboss has a good reputation on FTE.Thenewboss has a good reputation on FTE.
My 2011 had the Kentucky sticker on the windshield but I HATE...ANY...STICKERS on my vehicle, PERIOD. Just my taste I suppose. I have owned, Dodge, Nissan, GM, Subaru, and now Ford and I did get a slight tingle of pride when I read the sticker. Final assembly in Kentucky, and Dearborn Michigan. Outsourced parts or not, thats an American truck in my book.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Posting Guru

jc8825 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jc8825 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Canada - America's hat!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Postmaster

BigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc8825 View Post
Canada - America's hat!

So what does that make Mexico?

To Nitrogen, I agree about quality coming from many places. I was just bustin' your chops about being Canadian. I know you guys have a good sense of humor cause all the funniest comedians come from up north.

I've never met a canuck I didn't like. But who knows, the third one I meet may be a jerk.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Posting Guru

long as I'm not that 3rd one.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Posting Guru

SteveH-CO has a good reputation on FTE.SteveH-CO has a good reputation on FTE.SteveH-CO has a good reputation on FTE.
My '01 F350 crew/short was assembled in Mexico, too - says so on the door post sticker. Sold originally in Denver, CO. I figured that Ford had a Mexican plant to give them production flexibility during a strike condition at a US plant.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Posting Guru

Wagion has a very good reputation on FTE.Wagion has a very good reputation on FTE.Wagion has a very good reputation on FTE.
Snowseeker, if you get some printed up I'm in for four or five I have to replace my windshield soon was trying to figure out if I could heat up sticker and peal it off but this will work to. Should see if he can do both the reverse image and the regular image.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
He can do anything we want. He can do static cling, sticker, reversed, whatever.