6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

holy freaking crap! what do i do? Dealer out of business

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 05:52 PM
middaughm
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy freaking crap! what do i do? Dealer out of business

i put my order in 1/13/10

I called today to see if they had vin number, only 7 digits, no full vin.

Then i see a guy who got his vin number and put in his order after mine, but he has a srw, where i orderd a drw.

So i call back again, he assures me this is how they all go and i'm fine.

Then i'm sitting watching the news, Phillips ford, Big Rapids,Mich out of business! WHAT!!!!!!!! I about fell off the couch!

I call and ask what the hell is going on! I bought local Just in case i have to go back and fourth for ECM or anything else.
Gave me bunch of B.S. more or less...said they are moving over to the used car building. I asked if they are going to still be a ford dealer, he said yes. i said, so your going to be ordering more ford vehicles or is this why your lot is empty?? EH! Oh yeah, we will be ordering more..ya da ya da ya da
I said ok, what about the mechanics. He said they laid them all off for 4-6 weeks, till they get things figured out. Then they are suppose to move back into the big building and hire them back.
He said, the owner is leasing the building from Ford and lease is up and something is going on between Ford and the owner!

Does it sound like he is lieing and beating around the bush and just wants my money(commision,etc)?

I call Ford, they said they are still in system for Ford dealer (at the moment) How long does it take to close out a ford dealer in the system?
i call The next closest Ford dealer, he heard they are done and the are my local dealer now! And they are only suppose to be selling used cars now??

What happens with my truck on order? Is it still on order or is this why i'm not getting my full vin? Can i switch it to the other dealer while keeping my status, So they get the commission..because they are the ones going to be servicing it. I feel this is only right.

What do i do? Just go ask for my 200.00 down back, because sat. is 30 days. Go to different dealer and wait longer?

Or do you think i'm in the clear and be taken care of still? Which i don't know how i'm going to be taken care if they are not going to be a ford dealer anymore

HELPPPPPP

This sucks sooo bad!

Old 02-12-2010, 02:51 PM
middaughm
Senior User
update

Went and got my money back

They shouldn't have taken my order in the first place, probably wouldn't got the truck till summer

Old 02-12-2010, 08:05 PM
koboss1
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
wow that can get the heart racing eh... bunch a crooks i bet come sunday you woulda been out $200 smacks!!

good for you for going and getting it!!!

good ol gut reaction

Old 02-12-2010, 10:12 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by middaughm
Went and got my money back

They shouldn't have taken my order in the first place, probably wouldn't got the truck till summer

Ive been trew 2 dealers closeing and let me tell you the staff doesnt find out till the last shoe drops.
you made the right move on getting your deposit back.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:01 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Have to agree...good decision!

So...now are you going to order your new SD from the other dealer? Bad part...is that you lost almost 30 days time.

Good luck...and enjoy the heck out of the new '11!

biz

Old 02-20-2010, 07:52 AM
middaughm
Senior User
Update

I already placed different ordered from another dealer.

I heard ed koehn is going out of business too?

I called around and decided on one dealer and went in Wed. put order in and sign papers,they called/emailed me thurs. with dora, Got another call/email friday, Saying Wow, your got your vin number this morning!

I was like, holy crap! That was fast! At least to say, they were very shocked too! But they have contacted me everytime its changed. So far So good!

The owner came out and shook hands,talked,bull crapped,etc.....i like him! lol