Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

WHO THINKS RAT RODS SUCK

Old 02-10-2010, 06:20 AM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
bobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant future
As a couch potato I take great offense!!

Old 02-10-2010, 07:11 AM
fatfenders56
Posting Guru
fatfenders56 has a good reputation on FTE.fatfenders56 has a good reputation on FTE.fatfenders56 has a good reputation on FTE.
I have spent too many years making panels straight and paying attention to detail to embrace something so ugly. JMNSHO

Old 02-10-2010, 10:01 AM
bigblockfordman
Senior User
bigblockfordman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I got into this post on the backside, and everything I read was true.........we all are entitled to our own opinions, our own tastes, and what we like and dislike.......in the grander scheme of things, we ALL need to be gratefull and thankfull that we can do as WE choose, no matter what direction one decides to go........that's what makes the hobby
what it's all about.....................

Old 02-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Herbiehusker
Senior User
Herbiehusker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Amen, bigblockfordman!!! I agree with you. To each their own.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:21 PM
kdmcinnes
Elder User
kdmcinnes is starting off with a positive reputation.
You know, It doesn't bother me a bit if you want to chop up a car or truck and make a custom, or using parts from this or that to build something cool, but when the end result looks like S#%t because you didn't spend the time or effort to finish it out makes me wonder if you spent the time and effort making it safe. I personally am into as some would put it "Old School" or "Traditional" Hot Rods because it shows the builders tallents and vision rather then having all "1-800-Mailorder" Parts. I feel it is important to keep some history of hotroding alive, for instance my 56 has 49 merc taillights, 62 chrysler grill and headlights, 52 ford crestline bumpers and I think it looks bitchin, Sure I could have painted it flat black and said I am going to drive it, but instead I painted it gloss black with Candy Flames and I will still drive the hell out of it. My point is I did my in three months and I do not have deep pockets, But I worked my A$$ off on it. Just a little effort and some of them could be really cool.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:58 PM
nordvik72
Senior User
nordvik72 is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
Originally Posted by fatfenders56 View Post
I have spent too many years making panels straight and paying attention to detail to embrace something so ugly. JMNSHO
I will admit some are a little overboard with all the nasty rusted up junk but ive also seen a lot that are pretty rad too like when they have a theame of a old bomber plane or military vehicle. I could never have my own fully ratted out vehicle because i cant help myself to repainting and buffing everything up to look nice again, its just not in me But i still enjoy checking them out.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Tomget
Elder User
Tomget is starting off with a positive reputation.
controversy

We've had this question before--please do a search on the forum/you'll get the same variety of responses. Its controversial OK?

Goodluck Tom

Old 02-11-2010, 05:07 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Rat Rod & Hot Rod Fotos! - Rat Rods Rule Forums

Check out this link out if you haven't already, there is a lot of talent here and 99.9 % of the fellows on there are for making safe rides and will criticize anything that is unsafe. These rides are build to look as they are because it is the look they are after, it's what they like even if it's not your cup of tea. Did any of you who think they look trashy ever think that when they look at our freshly painted perfect trucks that they are thinking how hideous our trucks look. Really guys, the rat rod culture guys build them to look that way, so why get your shorts all tied up in knots.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Fomoko1
Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
No need for anyone get their shorts in a knot.....

Old 02-11-2010, 06:04 PM
nordvik72
Senior User
nordvik72 is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
Originally Posted by Fomoko1 View Post
No need for anyone get their shorts in a knot.....
Not sure whos shorts are all knotted up just making conversation.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Fomoko1
Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by nordvik72 View Post

Not sure whos shorts are all knotted up just making conversation.
Some threads have a habit of going that way.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:25 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
My shorts aren't in a knot either, it just that some make statement like why do they go that far into a build and not finish it when in fact it is finished, it's built the way it was meant to be as far as the builder was concerned. It's the same old arguement that goes on about putting a chevy in a ford, because you can and want tolol. I just don't know why there are some who think it has to be done thier way and thier way only to be right, if you are out in the shop creating something you are happy doing I'm happy for you, why shouldn't you be happy for the guy who's building whatever suits his fancy.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:44 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by bobj49f2 View Post
As a couch potato I take great offense!!
Are you ruffles or just plain,lol

Old 02-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Rarerat
Junior User
Rarerat is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here is a good start for someone to build a rat rod.

YouTube - 56 Ford F100 For Sale

My 68 SS/RS 396 Camaro it is "Rat Powered" doe that make it a rat rod?

Old 02-11-2010, 07:39 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by Rarerat View Post
Here is a good start for someone to build a rat rod.

YouTube - 56 Ford F100 For Sale

My 68 SS/RS 396 Camaro it is "Rat Powered" doe that make it a rat rod?

Good point, nice Camaro, nice rat

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WHO THINKS RAT RODS SUCK

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.