1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remote start 2010 f250

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 06:00 PM
billfumick
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbritt51
bill, youre dealer's full of it. i bought a new flex back in may. had a remote start added. the dealer had not done one and DID NOT WANT TO DO IT. i insisted saying ford advertised it, ford made it and they were gonna put it in for me and they did for $500. this week i bought a new 350 KR and had one figured in with the deal. they explained they could but didnt want to do it and suggested to use an outside vendor that does their installs. i agreed to have the non ford system installed and they say it is warranted along with the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty, not thru ford of course but for the same duration. and as it is all documented on the sales paperwork, should any problems arise from it, my dealer and or the installer is gonna make it right. my wife loves her flex starter and im looking forward to mine once i take delivery in a few days. they had to bring my truck in from over 1,000 miles away. i had to leave town just before it came in. now cant wait to get back home to it.
yeah, I think they make up the rules as they go... " thats bull__it"
thanks for the info....

Old 02-12-2010, 09:31 PM
02mudbug
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bill, per the magnuson-moss warranty act, warranty can only be voided if the non oem part causes damage to the vehicle, and then only the directly involved systems can have their warranty revoked. As long as the installer is qualified, licensed and insured, HE is on the hook if he poorly or incorrectly installs the hardware, so long as the unit is properly installed it will pose absolutely no danger to the truck, (the makers of the remote starter units dont like being sued, so they are pretty good at making sure of this one), your dealer is making your shorts awful smokey, I would let them know that if they want to feed you BS you would be glad to give your money to another dealer. With the auto market the way it is anymore, most dealers will bend over backward to take care of a customer who is GONNA buy a vehicle

Old 05-14-2010, 03:24 PM
f0rdtruck
Freshman User
Like I said mine was the first diesel 2010 that this place did website:
Buzz-Off.com - About Us -||

Im from Tampa too, I have used this place before on previous cars, they are pricey but do great work.
Just picked up my first diesel, 06' 250 and will probaly take it to them for the remote start.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:55 PM
clintusaf
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought an Avital 5303 from Amazon for $115 and had it installed by an authorized dealer for $125. Avital - Product 5303 2-Way LCD Remote Start with Security
I had it installed at a place in Garland, texas. really nice guys. they did it in about 3 hours.

I love having the new capability now. The shock sensor on the alarm portion of it doesnt seem too sensitive. However, when i open my tailgate and let it slam down, that sets it off. the only thing i could complain about would be the range. It works great at distances (up to 2000 ft) if the truck is facing you(antenna is mounted in the front window) and is in plain view. other wise, if your in a brick building, you have to be within about 100-50 ft. it works from inside my house though so thats my main concern. I like the internal temperature monitor and the two way feature(lets you know if the truck recieved the signal or not). turbo timer is nice and i can leave it runnin, take the keys out, lock it, run in the gas station real quick. i did have an issue at first with it not cranking long enough to turn the engine over, but i contacted the instaler and they walked me through the steps to change a few settings and now it cranks right up every time.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:03 PM
BigRick202
New User
Ok so does anyone know how to program the remote start key fob for these trucks?

Old 10-11-2013, 05:19 PM
BigRick202
New User
Ok found the instructions on programming the remote start key fobs. Only problem was on my truck it wasnt under the dash. it was behind the access panel to the side of the dash on the drivers side. The piece of trim just pops off with a little force. Kinda reminds me of where GM puts the fuse panels on alot of there trucks. Now this is the instructions, worked flawlessly.

Adding Remote Controls to Your System:
The system has the ability to operate from up to eight (8) remote controls. Follow
these instructions to add a remote control to your system.
1. Make sure the security system is disarmed and the ignition is off.
2. Open the driver’s door.
3. Turn vehicle ignition on.
4. Press and hold programming/override button under the instrument panel.
After 15 seconds, the horn will chirp three (3) times. This indicates that the unit
has entered the remote control programming mode.
5. Release the programming/override button.
6. Press the start button on the remote control to be programmed.
The siren or horn will sound once, indicating that the system has “learned” that
remote control.
7. Repeat step 6 for any additional remote controls.
8. Turn the vehicle ignition off to exit the programming mode. Test all remote controls to ensure that they work properly