1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new owner with some questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 02:53 AM
holguinerito
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new owner with some questions

Sup guys its been months now since i join the forum and after a while yesterday i finaly got what i was looking for 2005 F250 super cab in what looks like good shape and price also . so here is a few things i would like to know if anyone can answer
1 i only got one set of keys if its just a simple key (with no ship)how can i know if i can program a remote?
2 when i pump gas the pump wont stay runing it keeps stoping .I notice that there is a small metal clip or door thats in the hole thats not there how can i replace it?
3 the rear small doors close fine but the two front doors dont look even when they are close the top of the door seems ok but the bottom its a bit more separate and they feel a bit lose how can i adjust the doors?
there may be more things but this are the ones that i have in mind now.
the lot i got the truck from will fix all this details but i always like to know how its done .Dont know how to post pictures here so far .. thanks in advance ... Tony

Last edited by holguinerito; 02-01-2010 at 02:55 AM. Reason: missing question
Old 02-01-2010, 05:42 AM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Received 2,473 Likes on 1,291 Posts
Fuel pump shutting off while filling. Read this thread your answer is there. It's an easy fix if you don't have a warranty. Your time will pay for the parts instead of paying someone else.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-5-4l-gas.html

Someone else probably will come along and try to help with your other questions.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:09 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by holguinerito
1 i only got one set of keys if its just a simple key (with no ship)how can i know if i can program a remote?

2 when i pump gas the pump wont stay runing it keeps stoping .I notice that there is a small metal clip or door thats in the hole thats not there how can i replace it?
1. There is no PATS in these trucks, so no chip in the key. Just plain keys. Whether you are set up for keyless entry is what you need to determine. If you have a Lariat or higher, you definitely have keyless entry. If you have an XLT or lower, it was an option and you might have it. Best way I know to determine this is to follow the instructions in the owners manual for programming a FOB. You don't need the FOB to test. Just follow the instructions, and if your keylocks cycle at the beginning of the programming, then you have that option. Then purchase the FOB's on eBay and program them in. Another clue is if you have the keypad buttons on the outside of the door. If you do, then you do have keyless entry.

Download your owners manual here for free:
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...pageid=&gutsid=

2. Is this truck gas or diesel? Diesels do not have the little metal door. If you have a gasser, the previous answer is a good one.

3. Can't help you on that. I assume the doors need adjustment. A bodyshop might help you with that for very little cost.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:13 PM
maxum96
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just bought a 2006 F350 XLT Super Crew. Since my truck had been a repossession I only got a ignition key that the dealer had made for the truck. I had an extra key fob from my 01 F150. I had spare keys made at Walmart. Following the owner's manual I was able to program the 01 F150 remote to my F350. It took me about 5 minutes to reprogram the remote. I was able to track down the previous owner last week and he gave me a the original Ford key and another remote.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:47 PM
holguinerito
Freshman User
thanks alot for the answers guys

Old 02-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Pinky Demon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by maxum96
I just bought a 2006 F350 XLT Super Crew. Since my truck had been a repossession I only got a ignition key that the dealer had made for the truck. I had an extra key fob from my 01 F150. I had spare keys made at Walmart. Following the owner's manual I was able to program the 01 F150 remote to my F350. It took me about 5 minutes to reprogram the remote. I was able to track down the previous owner last week and he gave me a the original Ford key and another remote.
That's really not a good idea.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:02 AM
maxum96
Tuned
Originally Posted by Pinky Demon
That's really not a good idea.

Why do you say that?

Old 02-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Why do you say that?
He may be thinking that the previous owner kept a key and will steal the truck from the new owner...

Old 02-02-2010, 07:20 PM
maxum96
Tuned
Originally Posted by Furian
He may be thinking that the previous owner kept a key and will steal the truck from the new owner...
He may very well have another key. But he doesn't know my last name nor where I live. And I'm over 50 miles away. And if someone wants to steal my truck, or any vehicle for that matter, having a key or not isn't going to keep them from stealing it.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
He may very well have another key. But he doesn't know my last name nor where I live. And I'm over 50 miles away. And if someone wants to steal my truck, or any vehicle for that matter, having a key or not isn't going to keep them from stealing it.
LOL! I understand...

Old 02-03-2010, 04:41 AM
Darcampo
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Furian
LOL! I understand...
Furian:
New to the site and am having trouble finding SD guys with the 5.4 L. Seems like most have either PSD or V10, probably what I should have done too. Do you feel like you gained a lot by doing the Tunning and Air Intake? I'm thinking I def need more power than this thing is giving me right now! Thanks for any help.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:25 AM
KSCRUDE
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by holguinerito
Sup guys its been months now since i join the forum and after a while yesterday i finaly got what i was looking for 2005 F250 super cab in what looks like good shape and price also . so here is a few things i would like to know if anyone can answer
3 the rear small doors close fine but the two front doors dont look even when they are close the top of the door seems ok but the bottom its a bit more separate and they feel a bit lose how can i adjust the doors?
there may be more things but this are the ones that i have in mind now.
the lot i got the truck from will fix all this details but i always like to know how its done .Dont know how to post pictures here so far .. thanks in advance ... Tony
Just checked to make sure but my 05 5.4 and my 08 V10 SDS do not have the metal door in fuel neck. Neither does my wifes 07 expedition. My boys 09 explorer doesn't even have a gas cap which is kind of kool but stupid ford puts the fill on the wrong side and the exhaust also on the explorers for some reason. Must sell alot of them where they drive on the wrong side of the road. The cheap way to fix the slow fill problem is to cut or take vent hose off of plugged canister and just leave off or buy a cheap air filter for air compressor and they will screw right in hose to keep dirt out of vent system. 3$ fix verses 700$ that my buddy just paid ford for new canister that the ford shop put on his truck. I like to keep things simple and cheap as possible.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:37 AM
KSCRUDE
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
By the way congrats on the new truck. I think the 05 to 07 super duties are the best looking models made. U also get the better riding coils in front and the 5 speed auto. By the way if it has tires are **** u are going to have problems with it so be warned.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Originally Posted by Darcampo
Furian:
New to the site and am having trouble finding SD guys with the 5.4 L. Seems like most have either PSD or V10, probably what I should have done too. Do you feel like you gained a lot by doing the Tunning and Air Intake? I'm thinking I def need more power than this thing is giving me right now! Thanks for any help.
I definitely recommend getting a SCT tuner (X3 or Livewire) with custom tunes from Mike at 5 Star Tuning. The 5.4L 3V engines operate using "drive by wire" which delays the engine's response to changes (acceleration) in the gas pedal. The SCT tuner completely removes that delay and the engine is much more responsive. Get the custom tunes... they only cost a little more money but definitely worth it.

As for the CAI kit, that's depends... If you plan to install a high flow exhaust system, then you will notice a difference with the CAI kit. However, if you plan to keep the OEM exhaust or just change the muffler, then the CAI kit won't really help much. My original plan was to install new long-tube headers, high-flow cats, and dual exhaust. I'm still going to do this upgrade but now I'm also going to install a Whipple supercharger. The Whipple supercharger has its own CAI so my K&N CAI will not be used.

Here is the thread on the Whipple supercharger:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...uper-duty.html

One other thing that can help performance is having the proper axle gears, depending on your tire size.

Finally, check out this thread regarding performance upgrades for the 5.4L 3V engine...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...-for-5-4l.html

Old 02-03-2010, 11:19 PM
holguinerito
Freshman User
ok once again thanks alot for all the answers . now yesterday my check engine light went on and the code that i got was P0430 after some googling i see that in must cases its a bad catalys converter but for some reason the computer also mentions missfire , vacuun leak,engine oil leakage into exaust valve . so where should i start? i took a quick look under the truck and i notice that there are parts on the exaust and the catalys that have lots of rust . should i just take everything out and replace it or test for other things ???? the lot i got the truck from told me that they would fix things for free only for the first 30days i got the truck with no waranty at all but after i saw the guys there do the tuneup last sunday i dont like the way they did things and since i dont mind doing things myself when it comes to cars i would like some advise i already so the prices and i really dont mind but again i dont want to spend money until i track down what the problem is? once again thanks alot in advance .
Tony ...

Quick Reply: new owner with some questions