1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

beware of powerstroke in new york craigslist

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 01:18 PM
wheelie31
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beware of powerstroke in new york craigslist

Hey guys just got back from an 8 hour round trip to look at a 95 f-250 4x4 diesel thats on CL in hudson valley ny CL 1995 Ford F 250 Powerstroke diesel XLT

Well i was excited when i saw it thinking its a steal and it looks pretty good by the pics, Well dont even waste your time looking, Its a complete mess, it might only have 125k cause i did a carfax but its been sitting since 04, everything underneath is rusted. theres not a straight panel, the bed got no tailgate and looks like someone dropped a 10000 pound weight in the bed its that damaged, the engine started but ran horriable, the was a steady drip of oil out the turbo, the cat was cut out leaving a 3 ft gap between the downpipe and rest of the system, trans shifted and sounded like was being beat with a sledge, no powersteering at all, pass door didnt open and theres a 2 inch round hole drilled right through the back of the cab under the window, been repainted that color all jams were black, i could go on and on, Just if you see it dont even waste your time, i was looking through the reciepts in the truck and saw what he recently paid for it at auction which was ard 1350 with the buyers premium, plus he did put a new starter on it, It was so bad i didnt even offer him anything on it, I told him its prolly worth a 1000,00 just to play with him since he didnt know i saw what he paid for it, He had no idea what he bought and new it was a mess so decide to sell it,with out me even offering him anything he said he needs to get 2500 to break even i guess, I can fix pretty much anything but honestly theres only 3 known good things on it, the new starter,injectors and newer tires, interior is somewhat ok, But when i called him on the phone and talked to him he said only has a powersteering leak and one running board is off, sorry for the long story but needed to tell someone since i wasted over 100.00 in fuel and 50 on the carfax and tolls.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:41 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You were nice

Originally Posted by wheelie31
Hey guys just got back from an 8 hour round trip to look at a 95 f-250 4x4 diesel thats on CL in hudson valley ny CL 1995 Ford F 250 Powerstroke diesel XLT

Well i was excited when i saw it thinking its a steal and it looks pretty good by the pics, Well dont even waste your time looking, Its a complete mess, it might only have 125k cause i did a carfax but its been sitting since 04, everything underneath is rusted. theres not a straight panel, the bed got no tailgate and looks like someone dropped a 10000 pound weight in the bed its that damaged, the engine started but ran horriable, the was a steady drip of oil out the turbo, the cat was cut out leaving a 3 ft gap between the downpipe and rest of the system, trans shifted and sounded like was being beat with a sledge, no powersteering at all, pass door didnt open and theres a 2 inch round hole drilled right through the back of the cab under the window, been repainted that color all jams were black, i could go on and on, Just if you see it dont even waste your time, i was looking through the reciepts in the truck and saw what he recently paid for it at auction which was ard 1350 with the buyers premium, plus he did put a new starter on it, It was so bad i didnt even offer him anything on it, I told him its prolly worth a 1000,00 just to play with him since he didnt know i saw what he paid for it, He had no idea what he bought and new it was a mess so decide to sell it,with out me even offering him anything he said he needs to get 2500 to break even i guess, I can fix pretty much anything but honestly theres only 3 known good things on it, the new starter,injectors and newer tires, interior is somewhat ok, But when i called him on the phone and talked to him he said only has a powersteering leak and one running board is off, sorry for the long story but needed to tell someone since i wasted over 100.00 in fuel and 50 on the carfax and tolls.
I that would have been me wasting my time on t trip like that I think I would have gave him a little piece of my mind. However the 1000.00 hit you put on him was a good slap.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,155 Likes on 1,688 Posts
it all goes back to the same old saying "it pay's to shop around" well done Wheelie

Old 01-31-2010, 08:57 PM
wheelie31
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats what my buddy said i should have went off on him, but im to nice of a guy, it is what it is and picture can only tell so much when there taken in a way it makes it look perfect, i should have done some more research first i got home and there was a couple other powerstokes on CL in the area for sale, not sure if i feel like making another 160 mile trip back up though.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:58 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Yea. somethings you never notice till later either.

my truck looked really clean and i only noticed a bad hood.
I never noticed it had been in a collision till after I got the truck.
I shoulda noticed with the pin striping missing off the pass fender, but it never caught my eye, i was looking for big stuff.

Needless to say, I still got a good deal, but shoulda came down on price for all the stuff that really is wrong with it, like the weld in my frame.
I honestly have been thinking that he didn't know about some of the things, and it was from the P/O.