General Automotive Discussion

Attention Pontiac Vibe owners I need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 11:27 AM
5.4L to Freedom
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Attention Pontiac Vibe owners I need your help!

Hey guys, if you or anyone you know has a 2010 Vibe I need some help. My soon to be father in law bought one of these on cash for clunkers for his business. It turns out it is affected by the Toyota recall (for those of you who arent aware a Pontiac Vibe is a Toyota Matrix, and is not a GM vehicle)

So all the Pontiac dealerships in his area have been converted into vacant lots or Ford Dealerships, and the recall for the vehicle was placed by Toyota... does this guy take his Vibe to a Toyota dealership for the recall/ warranty work or where does he go?

From personal experience I know the local Chevy dealer wont touch anyhting but Chevrolets and their related models (Impala, Grand Prix, Regal) that sort of thing.

Just trying to get this sorted out so he can get it fixed. thanks anyone

Old 01-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
The recall notice should say on it to return to the nearest _____ dealership. Since it was mailed by Toyota, it'll probably go back to Toyota.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:00 PM
5.4L to Freedom
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks, I hope we get the notice soon! Everyone I talk to outside of the forum seems to say pontiac or toyota... almost a 50/50 split. I'll let ya know how this turns out because I think its pretty interesting