2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Decided not to get an Expy EL

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 02:52 PM
gpfarrell
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Decided not to get an Expy EL

As much as I really thought I wanted an Expedition EL and enjoyed driving a few of them, we decided to pass on it and get this instead:

KODAK Gallery | Photo Merchandise

It's an '07 with 33,000 miles and every option I could find in the brochure. We really wanted Dark Blue Pearl... partly because we like the color and partly because I like the color so much on my '03 supercharged Marauder.

We could have found an XLT but wanted more toys. I like the two-tone on lots of EBs, but I'm not crazy about it with the blue. And you don't see many blue Limiteds, eh?

Finding a blue L, let alone with the middle row bench seat, was just shy of impossible. This one had been languishing at Mercedes dealership on Long Island, New York.

I caught a Jet Blue flight from Pittsburgh, the dealership picked me up at the airport in an E-class, and I was west bound shortly after I arrived. I found the Navi's navi to work well, but couldn't believe I was driving through the fringes of NYC on surface streets just an hour into owning it!

I was home less than 12 hours after on got onto the plane though, with the 600 watt 14speaker stereo pushing me the last 90 minutes.

Overall it's in great shape. It's got a couple little things... missing the factory floor mats but it has Weathertechs, and it's missing a remote fob. I also don't know the keyless code and couldn't find it anywhere behind the driver's kickpanel yesterday.

Mysteriously the power liftgate quit working shortly after I got it, but I'm thinking that should slide under Lincoln's 4year, 50k bumper to bumper. Also, the power lumbar in the passenger's seat doesn't work. There's a bit of chrome peeling off the wheels... not sure if I'll get any help with that. All of the other buttons seem to work though and it drives great at 80 mph.

And our boys love it!

We're looking forward to lots of miles together.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:55 PM
TIKT B8
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats! Great choice. The keyless code is not found on the expy/navigators body anymore starting in 07. You have to take it to the dealership and get them to get the code off of the computer.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:10 PM
gddyup
Senior User
Grats!!! Nice looking truck you got there!! Checked out the pics of it sitting in your garage.... [Start Jedi Mind Trick] You want to give me the Marauder...[End Jedi Mind Trick]

Old 03-07-2010, 08:38 PM
mtondreo
Senior User
nice find. Congratulations, Mike.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:33 PM
gpfarrell
Senior User
Originally Posted by gddyup
Grats!!! Nice looking truck you got there!! Checked out the pics of it sitting in your garage.... [Start Jedi Mind Trick] You want to give me the Marauder...[End Jedi Mind Trick]
I'll give you a ride! But I'm keeping the car!

It was fine stock, but now it's got an intercooled Eaton supercharger on it courtesy of Trilogy Motorsports. It's run 13.1 at 105mph with a full tank of gas, stock exhaust, and street tires. Oh, and two child seats strapped into the back!

Thanks for the compliments!

Old 03-08-2010, 06:17 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Great looking Navi and congrats. I'd most certainly get it to the Lincoln dealer asap and see if they will address the chrome peeling issue.

I had the finish on a set of T-bird wheels start peeling and Ford wouldn't even talk to me. Lincoln being Ford's upscale brand should have a different approach to customer concerns.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:46 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gpfarrell
As much as I really thought I wanted an Expedition EL and enjoyed driving a few of them, we decided to pass on it and get this instead:

KODAK Gallery | Photo Merchandise

It's an '07 with 33,000 miles and every option I could find in the brochure. We really wanted Dark Blue Pearl... partly because we like the color and partly because I like the color so much on my '03 supercharged Marauder.

We could have found an XLT but wanted more toys. I like the two-tone on lots of EBs, but I'm not crazy about it with the blue. And you don't see many blue Limiteds, eh?

Finding a blue L, let alone with the middle row bench seat, was just shy of impossible. This one had been languishing at Mercedes dealership on Long Island, New York.

I caught a Jet Blue flight from Pittsburgh, the dealership picked me up at the airport in an E-class, and I was west bound shortly after I arrived. I found the Navi's navi to work well, but couldn't believe I was driving through the fringes of NYC on surface streets just an hour into owning it!

I was home less than 12 hours after on got onto the plane though, with the 600 watt 14speaker stereo pushing me the last 90 minutes.

Overall it's in great shape. It's got a couple little things... missing the factory floor mats but it has Weathertechs, and it's missing a remote fob. I also don't know the keyless code and couldn't find it anywhere behind the driver's kickpanel yesterday.

Mysteriously the power liftgate quit working shortly after I got it, but I'm thinking that should slide under Lincoln's 4year, 50k bumper to bumper. Also, the power lumbar in the passenger's seat doesn't work. There's a bit of chrome peeling off the wheels... not sure if I'll get any help with that. All of the other buttons seem to work though and it drives great at 80 mph.

And our boys love it!

We're looking forward to lots of miles together.
Well bumper to bumper is just that, everything-minus service items. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:00 PM
gpfarrell
Senior User
Originally Posted by berry1234
Well bumper to bumper is just that, everything-minus service items. Don't let them tell you otherwise.
Well put. THANKS!

Old 03-11-2010, 04:02 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
very nice man. I just got back from a short little "voyage" and ran across this.

that is a neat color to go with your car.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:46 AM
gpfarrell
Senior User
Originally Posted by tylus
very nice man. I just got back from a short little "voyage" and ran across this.

that is a neat color to go with your car.

Tylus, thanks much for making those little voyages... I have the feeling that lets the rest of us sleep a bit better at night!

Cheers, Greg