horsepower efi 300

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 05:22 PM
AbandonedBronco
Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts
It certainly is a lot to swallow. But hey, its' what everyone's been hoping for, so if it's true they're going to have a lot of sales. Going to need some more proof though.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:56 PM
NW 150
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to me it just looks like an advertisement. the guy has one post and has all this info on this thing

Old 01-28-2010, 12:34 AM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buy the chip install it get dyno pulls and prove it LOL...no offence but until now these ECUs have been pretty much untouched and for good reason, ford designed them to be "tamper proof" so now all of a sudden this amazing chip crawls out the wood works?...ill believe it when i see it, but i will go havea look around that link hehe

but if you can prove that this chip allows that much power without harming a Speed Density ECU ill buy one! LOL...

EDIT:: i never said two smaller fans wouldnt work...they will work fine, just better results can be seen from one big fan that takes up more rad space than two smaller fans...for the average DD pavement pounder this probably wouldnt even be noticeable, but in trucks that run extrememly high temps it makes a big difference...

only thing keeping me form an electric fan is i heard they dont work so well under water LOL...my truck will see that

Old 01-28-2010, 07:54 AM
NW 150
Fleet Mechanic
only thing keeping me form an electric fan is i heard they dont work so well under water LOL...my truck will see that[/QUOTE]

lmao. look at my fans that i linked though. would the second one be good cause i think that's the one im going to get. btw im pickin up my new ground hawgs today!

Old 01-28-2010, 12:17 PM
gfw1985
Cranky Old Guy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Harte3
Some have found that two fans from a Taurus fit and work fine.
Going along with line of thought, look at the cfm ratings of the fans your are looking at. A "good" fan rates at 2500 cfm, the Taurus fan puts out over 4000cfm.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:08 PM
mike0824
New User
Originally Posted by NW 150
to me it just looks like an advertisement. the guy has one post and has all this info on this thing

Well Im certainly not doing any advertising, and like I said, He has never lied about anything to me ever. As for me making one post, thats because I did exactly like eveyone on here tells people to do, I RESEARCHED the product heavily, and had you of read the info on the product you would understand that it technically isnt a chip at all, as a matter of fact, It doesnt even plug into the ECM like all the other companies ie; JET, Hypertech, etc.. What this is designed to do is intercept the signals from the o2 sensor, and meter air and fuel flow, basically what it does is what everyone claims cant be done and that is change the signal to the ECM which this product does. Lastly, there are so many doubters on products and the use of mainstream products that everyone is so negative and skeptical about a new product and its ability to actually be better and do what it says. Heres the main difference in the "chips" that are offered by mainstreamers and this company. 1st the mainstream chips are designed to be jumpers for the ECM and max out the air/fuel flows that the factory ECm can handle, which is very conservative even for these big companies. #2 Performance Chip isnt a chip per se, it actually is a jumper that intercepts and changes the signal to the ECm by tapping into the TPS and O2 sensors and changing their respective signals thus allowing you to operate bolt on performance parts as well as larger exhaust, ported intake and exhaust manifolds, and so forth. by doing this whether its on a 300 I6, a Cummins are a small block V8 it allows any engine to do the one thing that after market chips and the factory ECM cant do, and that is monitor and adjust those signals for optimal performance. Im not saying that you could achieve the kind of numbers that my friend claims on a totally stock truck, but with the the upgrades done correctly and this being adjustable it is highly achievable, anyone who knows anything about engines knows the 3 key factors of more power and torque are more air intake+more fuel+more exhaust coupled with more spark equals MORE POWER. Its pretty simple logic.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:53 PM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
dont go getting all defensive now lol

im more curious then skepticle really...im a believe it when i see it guy, i want to see the numbers this product makes on a stock 300 speed density before i buy one...not only that i want to know if i can safely add another say 50 horse AFTER this product...without frying me ECU

i wanted to build my 300 up for 200-250 horse and 350-400 lbs torque...so if this works like it says i should be able to install this then do the necessary modifications to gain the rest of the power and my computer should be fine with it...so if anyone shows me straight up fact and proof ill bite...that way i dont have to swap over to MAF haha...

you should see if your buddy can pull another dyno run and print out the numbers for us...

the more i look at this the more i like it...seems pretty legit.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:12 AM
NW 150
Fleet Mechanic
dont fall yet. do what you said and wait till you get numbers. same as you i would think about it once i KNOW for sure it worksm just like the hypertech and jet stuff is reviewed to give results, but now true numbers are shown. give us the proof, and we'll buy in

Old 01-30-2010, 12:16 AM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
but think...if this does work once it cathes on it would sell amazingly...in order to make any power from these SD systems you need to convert to MAF or carb...now you dont have to...makes everything a ton easier...and cheaper...this would be huge if it can be proven to work properly

Old 01-30-2010, 12:34 AM
NW 150
Fleet Mechanic
yea i went to that website and just looked up what they had. and they have a cold air intake for the 4.9 with the maf sensor, i find it hard to believe that they do and no one else does so i emailed them and find out when they right back. if it works, consider it bought lol

Old 01-30-2010, 09:57 PM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
i emailed them too...they told me their X3 performance chip is designed to workin conjunction with any and all internal or bolt on mods and it will work fine with them without harming the ECU in the process...i asked if they had any dyno results for that chip and engine...so now i play the waiting game

seriously...mike...get on your friends *** i wanna see this chip on a dyno..even with his other mods...theres no way an exhaust and larger TB will make over 50 hp on a 300 haha so his chip is obviously doing something right...considering at that amount of power the ECU would have blown up almost immediately without the chip ... im pretty much sold on this thing...i wanna see a few more 300 sucsess stories first though

but thats pretty well incredible that these guys can come along and design this simple chip that basically does the impossible...and solved pretty much every EFi owners nightmare LOL...this will be huge once it starts getting out there more

Old 01-30-2010, 11:26 PM
dwrestle
Elder User
There was an article in one of the 4x4 magazines, and they put a bigger throttle body on a 318 in a Dakota I think. The dyno results blew me away 13.? hp from a throttle body swap, and I don't think Dodge has switched to MAF yet, much less on a LA series engine.

They said it was running either a little rich or lean after the swap I can't remember which(I'm guessing lean). I was surprised at 13 HP, because I was convinced by smart people that a bigger throttle body wouldn't add anything to an engine. So I think you could gain 25 HP over stock with a bigger TB and good exhaust, and maybe 50 on an engine that has a clogged up exhaust.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:05 PM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
i have never seen a v8 TB or any type of TB put any gains on the 300 though...its about as big as it can get really...unless the intake plenum is modified...guess it depends if you have the dual inlet or single inlet...

you can gain alot through exhaust but keep again it all depends how its set up...you can actually lose performance from some performance exhaust setups...

damn...ive been searching for results of people who have used that x3 chip and still havent found any is this chip fairly new or what?

Old 01-31-2010, 05:16 PM
optikal illushun
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the person from the first page is SilverStreak. he, IIRC, had a full 3" exhaust, #19 injectors, AFPR and electric fans.

first off, a V8 throttle body doesnt bolt on to the 300 upper plenum. the 300s intake inlet is roughly 1/3" smaller than the V8 throttle body. i know, i have done the swap on mine. plus, just putting in larger injectors, running at the factory fuel pressure will seriously overfuel this engine. i can go on and on about what is so hokey pokey about that post but ill bite my tounge and wait for this thread to play out.

BTW, i bet that "chip" is nothing more than a few resistors, maybe a diode and LEDs in a "stainless case".

Old 01-31-2010, 05:32 PM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
how do you know its silverstreak?

the thing that cathes me about this chis is not that it claims 20% power...but the fact that that truck dynod a 206 hp 369 torque...thats way more than a factory SD ECU can accept...power isnt hard to build if the ECU can keep up to it...and obviously with the chip it can...so in my books its worth it...gotta cost more to do a MS or MAF swap...more work too

Quick Reply: horsepower efi 300