Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Can't find a cam?!

Old 01-20-2010, 09:33 PM
GoosehunterB
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GoosehunterB is starting off with a positive reputation.
Can't find a cam?!

Hey, I'm having some big problems with finding a decent cam for my 1992 302 truck. [[[This is my first truck and I'm pretty much rebuilding it all the way through, it's a 1992 F-150 302, it was EFI however i'm converting it all to the basics with a C6 tranny and carb. Iv'e made it most of the way with the help of my father and a few friends but now i'm stuck.]]] I'm looking for a hydraulic roller camshaft for a 302, but, the tricky part, I can't find one with a bit of a rough idle but not so much that I can't pull the boat this summer, small boat, any direction in the right way would be an immense help, I can't get much more lost, thanks!
the lost and stubborn Minnesotan
Braden

Old 01-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Bowman85merc
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bowman85merc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

If I were you, I would really think about getting a custom cam made to your liking. It would only cost you around ~$300 to get one and you would get best of both worlds, the idle that you want, and the towing capability that you want.

Heck, if you accually wanted, you could get a cam that idled like your grandmas car, but could pick the front wheel(s) up, (if your suspension was up to the task, of course lol)

Heres the website... Camshaft Innovations - Home

I would highly recommend them.

But if you dont want to dish out that much, you could always go with an RV cam, or a good 4x4 cam, those are around $200, but in my eyes, why not spend the extra $100 and get a "special" one lol.

Good Luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.