Chapter Logo

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 12:57 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Chapter Logo

Hey everyone!

Do we have a logo? If not, I would like to make us one. Does anyone know if we can incorporate the FTE logo that's on the t-shirts and sitckers, and if so where do I get it legitimately?

Old 05-19-2009, 01:10 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Michelle!

I think that would be way cool if you were to put together a logo for the Nevada chapter. You can incorporate the FTE logo in to the design, but it doesn't have to be there. The only thing you have to do is get Jeff to submit the design for approval by the FTE powers before you use it for anything.

If you get hold of one of the regional chapters moderators, either George (glruff) or Rich (99Trigger3_0) I'm sure one of them could come up with the FTE images you're looking for.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:32 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Thanks for the info! I was thinking something simple like the state outline in the background with 'Silver State' or 'Nevada' chapter in a circle with the FTE thingy in the middle, so it would be easy to make stickers or whatever if we wanted.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:44 PM
RocketMonkey28
Senior User
A logo would indeed be cool. I have an in at a vinal graphic shop, so I could prob have some made fairly cheap. So, RacerChick...are you an artist?

Old 05-20-2009, 05:28 AM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Used to be, now I work in construction, it pays better!

Old 05-20-2009, 02:43 PM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is a good idea. Post some ideas or pm them to me if you prefer and lets see what we can come up with. I will then submit the design for approval.

After approval we should see about some banners or something for our G2G's.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:54 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
This is kind of what I had in mind, but in an outline form. I have a much better graphics program at home, this is a rough idea using clip art.

Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2009, 01:06 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Arizona has a Chapter logo with Arizona flag as the back drop.
I guess since Vici & I are staying in Nevada I will need to join the Nevada Chapter. I'm now an honorary member of Nevada buy a member of Arizona. It is hard to let go of a Chapter that I know people personally & have met & know there families. I guess I have hoped that Nevada would start having G2G both North & South them maybe once a year meet half way in between for a State G2G.
But the Nevada Chapter has fallen off so much over the last years I guess I keep hoping for something that may never happen.
Jerod this is not anything about you. You have stepped into a real tough position, & my hat goes off to you without you this whole Chapter would of gone under several months ago.
Has any one thought about asking to have this Chapter two Chapters North & South. Being a native Tonopah has always been the middle. That is Because Tonopah is about 200 miles from Reno or Las Vegas.
Anyway just my thoughts. I would get much more involved if I thought other would also. God knows I have tried as have others from outside this State. Steve a big thanks to you you for helping hold this together.
I haven't been around the boards at all for about a month. I have been real sick. The head came when doctors rushed me into surgery in an attempt to save my life. My appendix & small intestine burst causing quite a mess. Thank God Fallon has at least one doctor that has his stuff in order. Dr Murray saved my life & without him stepping in I wouldn't be typing this. Churchill Banner is a great place to go if you want to die. The care was good after Dr Murray complained about what happened to me. I was visited by Admin people. But anyway I'm healing slowly.
Craig

Old 05-21-2009, 04:04 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Wow Craig I'm glad you're going to be ok! I agree, if the was ever anything seriously wrong with me I'd go to Reno.

I thought about using the state flag, but I want to make an outline design that you could cut out in vinyl, and there isn't that much to our flag. A few of us are having a GTG of sorts at the drag races at Top Gun next weekend. If you're feeling up to it we'd love to have you.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:51 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Thanks Michelle,
I like what you have done, as per the logo. Where will be the G2G at the drags, ie what part of the spectator area what day? Vici & I might try & make that. That is the last weekend of the month correct?
Craig

Old 05-22-2009, 04:49 AM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
That's a good question, Steve and William are competing so they'll be in the pits. I will find out.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:05 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
The pits weren't restricted to competitors at the NHRDA event at Speedworld, so I wouldn't think they will be here. You should be able to walk freely between the two areas - we'll be easy to find.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:56 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
What day or will it be a weekend event? If I feeling well enough to go it has been two years ago in Surprise AZ that Vici & I went to the drags. I grew up with drag racing. I was one of the charter members of the Rod Squad Inc from Hawthorne NV, when the Huri-cams & us became Charter members of Division 7 of the NHRA. In those days the Navy airstrip was a sanctioned NHRA track in Fallon. I'm dating myself but back in the 60s.
Craig

Old 05-22-2009, 10:04 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
It's on Saturday, Craig.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:34 AM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
I have some time at home coming up in a few weeks and I will try to get this done finally.

Quick Reply: Chapter Logo