1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

SOME SON OF A CORN $$$

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 07:16 PM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am happy to hear that you are on the right path now. I hope they reimburse you quickly and catch that Mother Corner.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:52 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,675 Likes on 1,131 Posts
and to think I felt like the lone ranger spending all Sunday morning on the phone dealing with credit card fraud! lucky for me this time they caught it after 1 charge, 24.99 for some online game? last year I was hit for about 3 grand on my other credit card.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:22 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Two years ago my brother passed away in Detroit. I'm a thousand miles away, he's single and no family there. I called a funeral home and they picked him up at his home.
There was police, firefighters, parimedics, etc. at the house and away his body went with the funeral home people. Do you think that someone with authority there would have taken his wallet out of his pocket????? When I got back there I not only had to deal with his death but with the credic card companies that were ripped off by the funeral home people. The cops finally got them because the camera's at the ATM machines got their pictures. All the owners of the funeral home had to say was, we just hired those two guys. What a joke!!

Old 01-04-2010, 10:53 PM
31bravo
New User
we need to cut peoples hands and feet off SAW style.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:11 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PITS

Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Two years ago my brother passed away in Detroit. I'm a thousand miles away, he's single and no family there. I called a funeral home and they picked him up at his home.
There was police, firefighters, parimedics, etc. at the house and away his body went with the funeral home people. Do you think that someone with authority there would have taken his wallet out of his pocket????? When I got back there I not only had to deal with his death but with the credic card companies that were ripped off by the funeral home people. The cops finally got them because the camera's at the ATM machines got their pictures. All the owners of the funeral home had to say was, we just hired those two guys. What a joke!!
Glenn
I know being away from the area and all of the other things that went along with the loss was overwhelming but I think I would have sued some corn holes over that.

So far no more charges have hit as of this morning.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:14 AM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
has happened to me as well, but it was only my credit card number and they didn't even get away with the first transaction.. ppl that do this junk should be tarred and feathered a couple times among other things that come to mind that shouldn't be posted across the world wide web...

Rocky, sorry to hear this has happened to you. hope it all gets better asap!
Tarred and feathered? If I ever find out who stole from me, I wouldn't even give thought to being that nice.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:21 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
I heard that!

Originally Posted by superduty4x4
Tarred and feathered? If I ever find out who stole from me, I wouldn't even give thought to being that nice.
Here in Texas we have the castle law and if they come to my house they get to meet Smith & Wesson up close a personal. Too bad the castle law does not apply to my accounts.
Home Page - Smith & Wesson

Old 01-05-2010, 09:40 AM
RRranch
Posting Guru
One of my old captains in the Navy had the right idea when it came to thieves.

A guy in my berthing left his wallet in his pants one night while he was sleeping and in the morning it was gone. It was immediately reported up the chain of command and a ship wide search was started after morning muster for the wallet. Ya'll might think this is crazy but you have to be able to trust your shipmates.

The wallet was found in the pocket of a new seaman in deck division that didn't even have any business in Engineering berthing before lunch. The captain himself came to pay him a visit in our makeshift brig, a fan room with an armed engineer outside the door. He told the kid there was going to be a public captains mast at 5 pm and he had better prepare himself. The kid pissed himself is what he did.

At the mast, the kid was shackled hands and feet standing in front of the captain and department heads on the flight deck with the entire crew behind him. I mean the ENTIRE crew.
Captain simply asked what do you have to say for yourself. No reading of rights or charges or anything. The idiot tried to lie and say he didn't know how the wallet got into his pocket and the captains face just caught fire. I never heard yelling like that in my life. He told the kid that for theft on a navy ship and especially durring time of war the captain has the ultimate authority and the power to pretty much do whatever he wants about it. The captain asked him calmly if he would prefer courts martial and in front of 300 witnesses the kid said no.

Then all hell broke loose. My captain got right in his face and told the kid that by law he wasn't allowed to keelhaul him or make him walk the plank anymore but he will wish that was all he got when the captain was done with him. He gave him a dishonorable discharge, confined to the Navy brig for 1 year, Loss of all pay and allowances for 1 year, The captain ripped off his uniform and told him he doesn't deserve to wear it. Then he raised his fist and stood there for a minute quiet. The kid pissed all over himself again.

Finally the captain said to me and the other guard to get him out of his sight, put him on bread and water in the brig until we got to port. We were in the middle of the indian ocean and made a special trip, both boilers going, maximum possible speed, all the way to PI where we handed him off to the Marine guards at the brig. They had to carry the kid off the ship.

That is how you deal with a thief!

There was only 5 bucks and a ID card in the wallet he stole too.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:12 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Your right Rocky, I should have sued! The banks and credic card companies covered 100% of the loss, the guys were in jail and I had the cremated remains of my brother. I had to start from scratch with his estate and probate, he was 'I keep to myself' kind of person which doesn't help when you have to figure EVERYTHING out. This might interest you guys, his computer was password protected. On ebay there was a guy selling password buster CD's and I got one. They work, helped me out a lot in figureing out his assets and debts that had to be filed. Nobody likes to think of death and taxes but a little planning sure helps your family. I'm all he had so I had to do it all. I got so tired of answering the same question over and over again. I'm it, he was never married, no kids, I have no brothers and sisters, my parents are gone I'm it, I'm it!!!!! I never thought it would be over but hang in there Rocky, it will all work its self out in time.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Ken_C
Elder User
these people will NEVER get what they deserve. too politically correct in this country. you cant say what you're really feeling because you might offend someone.

cut off hands and a THIEF tattoo on the forehead would be too good for these turds. comes from a crappy upbringing. the parents were probably steaming turds also. wouldnt mind seeing some kind of legal repercussions on them as well for raising a moron.

a story from our local news:
this man who lives in detroit, has had his place broke into 3 times previously with no remedy from the detroit police. shoots this idiot who desperately needed to be shot, on his 4th trip to steal whatever he didnt get the previous 3 trips. is now being prosecuted. they had no problem catching this guy, why couldnt they catch the thief and prosecute HIM before it came to this? WTF? the homeowner will probably go to jail for trying to protect his home. if you dial 911 in that city and someone actualy shows up, consider yourself lucky.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:39 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Old 01-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Ken_C
Elder User
And yes YOURE DAMN RIGHT I'M ANGRY. I hate theves like anikin skywalker hated sand people.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:12 AM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by DRRXR
Here in Texas we have the castle law and if they come to my house they get to meet Smith & Wesson up close a personal. Too bad the castle law does not apply to my accounts.
Home Page - Smith & Wesson
WA has a castle law too

Old 01-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rocky sorry for the bad time you are going thru.
But reps sent, Thanks for the links. I had on idea about this in particular.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Lanny Sutton
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Ken_C
these people will NEVER get what they deserve.

Defense lawyers don't want them to do any serious time behind bars, it would cut into the repeat business they get from these crooks.

Quick Reply: SOME SON OF A CORN $$$