Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.

Discounted Live Tuning for a Good Cause

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Discounted Live Tuning for a Good Cause

As some of you may have already read about, my 38-year old sister, Renee', went to Urgent Care a couple of weeks ago because she noticed some swelling in her leg. From Urgent Care, she was sent to the E.R., and from there, she was taken by ambulance to a larger hospital in Springfield, MO.

After poking and prodding, it was determined that she has cancer that is affecting many organs -- liver, kidneys, lungs, stomach... Due to the dysfunctional organs, she is retaining fluids and has recently gained 17% of her body weight (that's like carrying around an three gallons of water!) -- this is while she's not able to eat more than a few bites at a time! So far, doctors have been unable to determine what type of cancer she has and where it began, so that has affected plans for treatment.

So far, she has had one dose of chemo, and according to her "numbers" acquired from the blood drawn daily, her organs look to be starting to do the right thing again. What a blessing!

Renee' lives with her husband Kurt, and two children, Allie, 6, and Jake, 1½. Like us, they own their own business and currently sell Ads on Tables. (I put in a link to her website just in case you were wondering What the heck is that?) Anyway, they, too, live month to month and without Renee' working, they are not pulling in an income. To top it all off, they also have no insurance. Right now, we're not even going to think about the medical expenses -- what we're concerned about is their day to day living expenses.

We are not asking for donations!
We're going to pay their mortgage, but we would like to do more. We make very little in profit off of our hardware, so that's pointless. What we really have to offer is labor...

The cost of live tuning is usually a deposit of $250, which covers the first two hours (including setting up the hardware) and then $125/hr. A blank chip is $175. For those customers who are willing to come to our location (Winder, GA -- 8 miles (but only two traffic lights) off of I-85), Bill will live tune your truck for $400 cash if you have already have a TS chip to reburn. If you don't have a chip, we will include one for a total of $500. This offer does not include Custom LIVE!, as this isn't PHP business. It is merely someone who knows how to tune offering his services. ALL of the money received will be sent to Renee' and Kurt.

If you are interested, please e-mail me at sales@phptune.com. We'd like to get this moving and get some additional cash sent to Missouri as soon as possible!

In addition, please keep Renee', her family, and the doctors in your prayers. Though the outlook may seem dim since the cancer is so widespread, if anyone can pull through this, it's my sister.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Thank you, Everyone, for such an amazing response to this offer and to Renee's story.

We already have people signing up for live tuning at our place! I told her about it last night, and she, of course, said, "No," and, "It's too much [to be doing]." I reminded her that I didn't ask if she wanted us to do it... I simply said that this is what we were doing for her. We couldn't do it by ourselves, so thank you again for allowing us to earn some extra money to help them out with their daily bills.

Thank you, also, for your prayers -- they work!

Old 01-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Gotta love family...good job to you and Bill, Cory.

You have my prayers.

Stewart

Old 01-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Thanks for the post, Stewart. Sis is in ICU since Sunday -- pulmonary embolisms and either a blood clot or tumor in her vena cava... to add to everything else. Flying to MO on Saturday, and Bill and the boys will probably meet me out later in the week.

Thank you so much for your prayers. We're expecting a miracle!