1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

New member here! Have a few questions!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 11:15 PM
sparky
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Serious answer:
I don't know about the OP, but my engine and tranny is Chevy (400 SB, Tremec 6 speed), my rear axle is Ford (9") my front axle is dropped Ford, steered by a Toyota box, interior is custom, instruments are digital, Wiring and switches are all aftermarket, sound system is custom, front disk brakes are aftermarket with GM calipers, wheels are aftermarket, rear lights are LED, etc etc but I still consider my truck to be a 56 Ford panel truck, and I have found enough reasons to visit this site at least once a day some days many times, and reasons to make over 8700 posts since I've joined.
But that's just me.
Ross It's a Ford site but really it's about the people and how they rise to help each other accomplish their goals. What else: Methods in sheet metal work on the body, running boards, radiators, heaters, electrical installs/repairs, seats original or other, replacing windows, one piece side windows, tailgate mods, fuel tanks, bed floors. The pictures are great. I grew up around flatheads and I love the sound and looks but I also grew up around Harleys and I love the sound and looks. The bodies on the 48-50 for me are the best looking trucks found. The drive train is just a means to move that great truck around. Yes it's a Ford site but it's the people that make the difference between friendship and just looking for information. chuck
Amen I have been around here for quite a while, since back when it was a mailing list, Yes it is a Ford site but it does have the darkside ............ I always found it funny that you could put in a Volare clip, Toyota steering, Caddy seats, Dodge rads, etc etc and it was quietly accepted but mention a non-Ford power train and watch out Although I seem to recall there being something about "do not ask do not tell about your non-Ford power train" in the forum rules way back when.... but I never really liked rules anyway hence I have rodded the heck out of my truck, but it is still a 53 Ford F100 ........

Old 03-09-2010, 02:34 AM
Toms53Ford
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
So I'm curious; if your engine and drivetrain are all Chevy, and suspension and running gear too, what do you hope to get out of this site? Tips on interior stuff? Nothing else is Ford. (serious question)
I don't know about you, but I can only think of two other people I semi-know with 53-56 F100's. I can't think of any place other than the internet where there is a community for these trucks, besides organized events. If I were to run into a snag working on something I was hoping to be able to see if someone had a similar issue on here or semi-related.

I suppose you're right though, maybe I should just join a Chevy forum?

Old 03-09-2010, 02:37 AM
Toms53Ford
Junior User
Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1
And besides, what was one to say? Something like: "On this site even the girls build there own motors?"

But I would never do that - that would be cruel! But I will post a picture (and by the way, AX is right - We are all a bunch of jokesters here, and I'm probably one of the worst. Yes, just pulling your leg. They tolerate me here because I know wiring!):

Attachment 21905

Ford 390 Police Interceptor (412HP)
I figured as much. I bet that thing sounds sweet!
Originally Posted by 49fordpickumup
Ross It's a Ford site but really it's about the people and how they rise to help each other accomplish their goals. What else: Methods in sheet metal work on the body, running boards, radiators, heaters, electrical installs/repairs, seats original or other, replacing windows, one piece side windows, tailgate mods, fuel tanks, bed floors. The pictures are great. Yes it's a Ford site but it's the people that make the difference between friendship and just looking for information.
^This is what I was getting at. Sorry, i'm horrible with words.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:51 AM
epp
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I suppose you're right though, maybe I should just join a Chevy forum?
Bah you got a ford. Besides reguardless, goto any car show and you'll see all different motors in all different brands of cars and trucks. If every one was the same, how fast would you get bored and lose intrest?

Old 03-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Toms53Ford
Junior User
Originally Posted by epp
Bah you got a ford. Besides reguardless, goto any car show and you'll see all different motors in all different brands of cars and trucks. If every one was the same, how fast would you get bored and lose intrest?
True. I have seen my share of 30's coupes with LSx's and LT1's. I once saw one with a blown 426 Hemi. Helll of a car...

Some people like original vehicles though. Can't blame them for that!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:32 PM
old ugly
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New member here! Have a few questions

Hi to every one - I personally like to see Ford in Ford, Chev. in Chev, Dodge in Dodge, but like they say - Different strokes for different folks. If its yours, do what you like and to heck with every one else.