1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

How many of us are dealing with major medical problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 02:03 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile How many of us are dealing with major medical problems?

I know this is off topic,but I am interested into hearing how many of us have medical problems and still work on our own trucks?

As most here know...I have a bad ticker/bad back/bad breath....LOL

Over the Holidays it is a real hassle for me to do all that I want. But,do as much as I can.
Also,for guys that have lost a loved one or dealing with depression....we are FTE and we care!!!
Hope you guys over the past few years have understood that I build my trucks as good as I can.....back in my 30s and 40s ...My trucks would have been much nicer....but pain makes you mean....and a puss when you have to also deal with snow and cold weather.
Tell us your troubles.....we can only listen and hopefully be able to help somehow.
Bill

Old 12-20-2009, 02:22 PM
vbarker
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bill, You are not alone with such problems. My ticker is good, but I have been dealing with Rhumatoid Arthritis for the 7 yrs now. It does get difficult to try and be young as we once were. Keep up the good work on your Project(s). I think you are doing fine.
I also hope all FTE members have a very Happy Holiday.
Vern

Old 12-20-2009, 02:30 PM
freakboy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im dealing with 16 year old with a 56 year old back and 80 year old knees...

Old 12-20-2009, 02:33 PM
52 F3
Elder User
I feel real fortunate.
I know many who have issues that keep them from being able to do many of the things they would like to.
I had by-pass surgery 8 years ago but came out on this side almost as good as brefore. Age and the normal aches and pains of it are taking it's toll but I can still do most things although at a slower pace.
I am enjoying my projects more than ever because I can spend more time with them without the guilt of feeling I'm neglecting other things that I should be doing instead.
Maybe someday I will get something completed. Until then I am happy just to be working on these old trucks and cars.

Wishing everyone health and happiness in the new year.
Richard

Old 12-20-2009, 03:02 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
I am in worse shape than most of the ole trucks I haul home....LOL
But,like the energizer bunny....keep on runnin and as long as I have the interest ...will keep on restoring/refurbishing these 56s.
It is better than rehab....LOL
Bill

Old 12-20-2009, 04:57 PM
rbig1
Senior User
well had about 7 surgery's most of them in the last four years shoulders are in control now and i know what ya mean about filling postal. when i get like that the only thing that works is a nap

Old 12-20-2009, 05:11 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Back Surgery - permanent lower back/body nerve damage.
Double by-pass
Fibromyalgia (Symptoms of every disease in the world) primarily nerve and muscle.
PTSD - undergoing intensive therapy thru at least Feb.

If it wasn't for this bunch of misfits and lunatics and our insane world of Old Trucks I would be in either Prison or a Mental Hospital. Truth.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:29 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Very bad legs, thanks to Viet Nam and North Viet Nam Mortors, on going for 40 yrs. now, back surgery in 2000,Rhu. Arthritis(you never know whats going to hurt when you wake up in the morning, Prostate Cancer and Sugar now but still love to work on these old trucks, keeps my mind off of the lovely grandchildren we lost in 2002 and you guys have helped me through some very tough days and nights so please keep doing what your doing,thanks Garry

Old 12-20-2009, 06:25 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
bad attitude count ????????? no i got diabetes pretty bad 60 units of insulin a day then 20 every time i eat or snack from a pen . bad knees from high school foot ball , and numerous other trivial things . doesnt stop me never will . i keep going for one reason only ,well a couple , 1 to be a pain in the other halfs behind with my old clunkers , 2 to be a big ol' pain in the **** to my great grandkids !!!! working on my own stuff also affords me the opportunity to prove to myself and others i can do it and the crazy ideas i dream up can be done ...............

Old 12-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow! You guys are a MESS.

But don't you feel at least a little fortunate to have endured these problems and still be a live to enjoy family, the Holidays, and a great Hobby?

Old, crabby, and somewhat dilapidated, I'm glad you guys are still around. You are all SUPER men in my book and I LOVE you all!

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1
Wow! You guys are a MESS.

But don't you feel at least a little fortunate to have endured these problems and still be a live to enjoy family, the Holidays, and a great Hobby?

Old, crabby, and somewhat dilapidated, I'm glad you guys are still around. You are all SUPER men in my book and I LOVE you all!

Merry Christmas!

I agree with Julie. I'm glad you guys havent quit. I have severe Migraine headaches and depression, but feel real guilty even mentioning it around folks with REAL problems. GOD bless you all and Merry CHRISTmas

Old 12-20-2009, 08:00 PM
grumpy46
Elder User
heart out of wack. diabetic. bad back.
( wife says it's to much frontal overhang)
if it wasn't for FTE friends and a couple of good hot rod friends here
and my 56 life would be a lot harder.
thanks to everyone.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:17 PM
FL299
Senior User
I want to start by wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas and best of health and prosperity and more FORD Trucks in 2010. I really can't complain - back problems but not as bad as some of you and typical arthritus but not as bad as many. I looked around at so many people I know or have known and decided to retire this year. It takes me longer to do things and I am stiff and sore many days but I am happy to know I got that way doing what I want. As it has been said there are great people on here with a wealth of knowledge and willing to help others. That is what I call having a good heart.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Up until this year I had some serious back problems. I did something stupid when I was about 16 (lol a head stand that went bad) and I didn't recogize that my back was out for till I was about 22. When it went out it was like an 8 hour heart attack, vomitting from the pain, amoung other problems. Basicly like the movie Alien when the chestbuster is popping out of that guys chest, only for like 8 hours solid. And it happened at random, even while sleeping. Took about 4 years of chropratic work to make it so my back would hold the adjustments. And a couple years ago had some lower back problems, though even in their worst they never did anything like the upper.

All that is pretty much fixed as of today, would have taken a lot less time, maybe only 2 or 3 adjustments had I have had it fixed when it happened, just never made the connection... I mean when everything BUT your back hurts...

Old 12-20-2009, 08:32 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
I like that quote of ''due to the large overhang''....my back is bad....haha
AND I am not talking about a big gut....LOL

A Fter on here just got some problems and it made me think.....when young or healthy....you can do alot. Try doing all the things we do with the problems we got!!!
lol
I used to tell my guys at the shop.....after 40 if you worked hard.....you will know it....everything will hurt....or at least you will be diagnosed with some disease that you have to go look up and have them explain it to you.
KEEP ON TRUCKING......everyone!!

Quick Reply: How many of us are dealing with major medical problems?