Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

How many of us are dealing with major medical problems?

Old 12-20-2009, 08:38 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
On another note......just read the paper and the phone rang at the same time......the next door neighbor's brother went to jail for dui.....so the neighbor and his wife and sister in law all went to get him out of the pokie......they were hit broadside, and the guy in jail's wife is dead..(40) and the neighbor is in coma (38) and all were liFE-FLIGHTED TO SOME BIG HOSPITAL.
WOW.....The neighbor has helped me with my trucks and I hope he comes to soon....a coma.....and his brothers wife dead......wow.....WHAT A BAD WEEKEND.
EVERYONE WATCH OUT ON THE ROADS!!!

Old 12-20-2009, 08:43 PM
f250red
Senior User
f250red is starting off with a positive reputation.
recalls

I can relate, two partial knee replacements,plumbing not dependable,knees are fine,loaded with arthritis.My back is a mess,surgery not much of an option.Years of abuse as a construction electrician didn/t help.people our age didn/t have bucket trucks or highlifts,it was all bull work.some days I say I am going to do this or that,and my 68 year old back says run that by me again,so I just do what I can.Satisfaction from working on my truck even if its only an hour or two a day in frosty western N.Y. makes lifeworth living.there is a lot of tarnish on these (Golden Years) but I think its a shame to die if there/s nothing wrong with you. F250RED

Old 12-20-2009, 08:55 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
underthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputation
Rhumatoid arthrtis about 10 years now, but im very grateful, ya see my forum name was a realety for many years, but im 16 years sober now i have god in my life, a wonderful wife, life and truck. i apprecieate you all for being here.God bless ya all.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:48 PM
eman92082
Posting Guru
eman92082 has a great reputation on FTE.eman92082 has a great reputation on FTE.eman92082 has a great reputation on FTE.eman92082 has a great reputation on FTE.eman92082 has a great reputation on FTE.eman92082 has a great reputation on FTE.
I have a whole mess of issues and a good deal of it is the lack of wisdom I brought upon myself. You can't be a Rock Star without paying some dues....

My back hurts 24-7 and I can't see worth a darn but I figure a lot of it is the discovery and acceptance of getting older. I make no apologies for being a hands-on knuckehead but the reality is my body often objects to my brain's intentions.

Such is life

Old 12-20-2009, 10:14 PM
willymakeit
Senior User
willymakeit is starting off with a positive reputation.
Usal things for being 51. Was blessed with decent genetics, as my grandmother is 94 and still fixing part of xmas dinner. My mom was working 12 hr. days up to 5 years ago because she wanted to. I deal with depression but, thanks to modern meds 2 years ago things are alot better. Heres wishing everyone Happy Holidays and better health.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:22 PM
gusso
Elder User
gusso is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi, Guys and Girls
Three years ago I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the bone marrow) and
given a two to three year expiration date. The good thing is I`m doing great with a few aches and pains that are to be expected with this. Truck is still a priority and because of it I`m having the time of my life. I guess its my second childhood.
Stay healthy out there and have a very Merry Christmas.
Love you all!
Gusso
Gary

Old 12-20-2009, 10:49 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
I have to salute you guys for keeping at it! I can only hope I can do the same in my later years. On the flipside, my wife has had alot of issues medically the last couple years, and paying those bills has been a big hindrance on the truck expense, especially with not working. But the truck will gladly play second fiddle. Merry Christmas everyone!

Old 12-20-2009, 11:07 PM
fixnair
Posting Guru
fixnair has a very good reputation on FTE.fixnair has a very good reputation on FTE.fixnair has a very good reputation on FTE.fixnair has a very good reputation on FTE.
Bad back from being a mechanic the last 50 years. Bad heart from smoking for 35 years. Prostate cancer from just being for the last 65 years and finally bad eyesight from just growing old. Not complaining about the eyesight because everyone looks better now. LOL
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! AND A HAPPY/HEALTHY AND PROSPEROUS 2010.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:28 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold
my now 26 year old daughter says i suffer from dork-itis ? got no clue . got told that after i sent her a butchered version of randy newmans short people yesterday on her b-day ........ anyone tell me wether that's good or bad ????????????? LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-21-2009, 07:12 AM
AXracer
Post Fiend
AXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud of
growing old is when you finally have the time and money to do what you always wanted to do, but are too broken down to enjoy doing it.
I went thru heart failure due to arythmia totally unexpectedly, after 2 shock sessions and chemical correction, it just insists on running to it's own beat no matter what. Meds have made it ignorable, but I run out of energy easily/quickly. Other than that and bad knees due to genetics I'm as healthy as a horse, no cholesteral, HBP, chem imbalance, nothing. Every time I see the Drs. I tell them I'm the healthiest sick guy they have seen.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:12 AM
48fordcoe
Elder User
48fordcoe has a good reputation on FTE.48fordcoe has a good reputation on FTE.
I'm wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas and best of health . Its to bad that we can fix up these old truck to look and run like new and can't do the same on our body ,do you think the the doctors should go to the same school that we when to.
Merry Christmas everyone......

Old 12-21-2009, 08:42 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
I'm pretty lucky, but then I'm still a puppy (44). For themost part I'm pretty healthy. Oh sure there are the aches and pains the start cropping up, all those old injuries that you overlooked back when you were bullet proof are starting to give you friendly reminders in the mornings. The ankle that won't move in the morning for a few steps reminding you of that spectacular motorcylce jump, the shoulder that pops and clicks reminding you of that other motorcycle stunt gone wrong, the knees that...... well, you all get the picture. So far all these little aches and pains are managable and I can ignore them, however, there is one condition that I have been afflicted with that is incurable and fairly severe.....

........I have a severe case of rectal-cranial inversion.

I am very glad that all of you have found a way to work around your ailments and are continuing to enjoy life and the things you love.

Bobby

Old 12-21-2009, 09:20 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
WHEN WE WERE BULLETPROOF....WOW ...that is so true!! Bobby!!!!

I am actually 52 an have been retired for some time. I love traveling and have vested right and have cleaned my act up,and living better. No more fighting/bar brawling/ all night crfuising for chicks/ drinking and as a shop man....had to bust *** all the time.
I hope all have a lot of fun over the holidays and keep on truckin'

Old 12-21-2009, 01:09 PM
rockher_man
Elder User
rockher_man is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up Merry Christmas!!!

Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56 View Post
WHEN WE WERE BULLETPROOF....WOW ...that is so true!! Bobby!!!!

I am actually 52 an have been retired for some time. I love traveling and have vested right and have cleaned my act up,and living better. No more fighting/bar brawling/ all night crfuising for chicks/ drinking and as a shop man....had to bust *** all the time.
I hope all have a lot of fun over the holidays and keep on truckin'
Ha-Ha......cheers to that...well...i've let "most" of those go...

I'll NEVER quit.......gonna keep-on keepin'-on......'til the day...

Aches....sports injuries big-time...mostly years-on-end of downhill racing
complicated by summertime injuries...10'-tall & bullit-proof...that was the way....

51-years-young & still kickin' it.......good days....bad days...mostly
related to MS tho...no use in cryin' 'bout it...wont help any...

Livin' it...Lovin' it...I'm in-it-2-win-it...ALL the way...

-
never look back...

Old 12-21-2009, 06:31 PM
DONNIE177
New User
DONNIE177 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unhappy OOOF

Last December I was making my wife a new cherry entertainment center for Christmas. A board shot out of the table saw and hit me in the stomach. Needless to say it knocked the wind out of me and put me on my knees. The next day with some urging from my wife I went to the emergency room to have it checked out. At first they said I had a Hematoma and needed surgery to correct it. The head of trauma came in and said I did not have a Hematoma but he saw something but did not know what it was. A few weeks went by and I got a phone call from the surgeon saying I had a cantaloupe sized tumor. It was an extremely rare type that is usually found in kids under 10 years old. Only about 1100 a year in the whole country. I had it removed in March and was in the hospital for 5 days. About a week after I got home I started having sharp pains in my right groin and right thigh. After months at 20 different doctors I am still having this problem with no relief in sight. They think it is likely nerve damage from the surgeries. It still does not stop me from working in the garage and getting my hands greasy though.I hope you all feel better soon.
DONNIE

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How many of us are dealing with major medical problems?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.