1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Why do they keep screwing with this site?!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 11:09 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Why do they keep screwing with this site?!!!

I am wondering if any one else is having the same problems I am having with this site. The last day or so every time I log on the board I get some BS window telling me something about a movie making Adobe Acrobat 10 run slow and do I want to discontinue running it. I press the "Yes" button but it doesn't help. Not only does it screw up this site then it messes up my entire computer, I have to go into the computer and manually turn off programs, wasting at least 5 minutes. No other site does this. I had this problem first on my home computer so I thought maybe it was the machine's problem but I have the same problem on my shop computer.

The genii administering this site seem to like to "fix" things on a regular basis and tend to screw up things that have been working just fine. No other site I go ever seems to have people messing around and screwing things up like this one. eBay likes to screw around with their system to keep us "safe", read make more money for themselves, but at least I've never noticed their adjustments screwing up the performance of their site, or my overall computer. It seems almost on a monthly basis some one sticks their fingers into this site and screws something up. The classifieds are almost completely useless, another "fix".

I suppose if I was a paying member I might be able to avoid the ads, which I suspect is causing the Adobe problem, but I'm not. I would assume since I have to endure the uploading of all the ads I am paying for it anyways. I don't think I should have to suffer ill effects on my computer. Site specific problems are a PIA but when they start screwing up the rest of the performance of my system that goes too far. I refer a lot of people to this site because of the knowledge and helpfulness of the board member, you guys and gals are the ones that make this site the best site on the net but there is another Ford truck specific site available to us, if this site gets to be too much of a hassle I can't see why we can't easily switch to that one. I know there are other FTE members who post on it. (I bet I'm going to a nasty email for this)

I bet you can tell I'm ticked. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:47 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,831 Likes on 1,833 Posts
I havent had any issues. I'm a paying subscriber though so maybe thats the difference.

Sometimes I can't see the pics but I think thats more of a problem on my end....lol...basically I can't see some of the pics on my work computer. I can see them all just fine at home. (Do you suppose my work actually expects me to work and not jack around with Ford trucks? LOL)

I hope it gets fixed for ya
Bobby

Old 12-18-2009, 11:53 AM
blsd49
More Turbo

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts
I had that same problem yesterday and also had to completly shut down.
Brian

Old 12-18-2009, 11:54 AM
thepitshop
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i`ve had no problems with this site lately ???

Old 12-18-2009, 11:59 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
I find it annoying but it really got me upset today because I was working on another program and I had to shut it down when the computer locked up and lost some work. I know, I know I should save as I'm doing, which I try to remember but I'm sure I'm like most and don't always think about it as you're working. I also know if I'm busy at work I shouldn't be surfing the net but my boss (me) is cool with it. I occationally take a few minutes to see what's up on the board while doing something else on the computer.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:01 PM
49fordpickumup
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's happening to my computer also. It is this site as I get new threads sent to my hotmail account and thse threads have the same problem, only with FTE emails. When I try to reply to a thread, the tape at the bottom of the page, sometimes it moves about a eighth of an inch then locks up. If I hit refresh, it dumps me back to my home page. The whole site is sluggish most of the time. Frustrating. chuck

Old 12-18-2009, 12:13 PM
irondragon79
Posting Guru
I haven't noticed any problems with it, but I'm a paying member.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:33 PM
jim collins
Cargo Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the very same problems , I thought it was my P/ C. as it's not the latest one built, kinda old. I'm not a paying member, maybe thats a hint to start paying. JIM

Old 12-18-2009, 12:52 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
All the other sites I go to are completely free and have either no or minimal amount of side advertising and don't have any of the problems we encounter here. Many of the sites are set up identical to FTE and have less restrictions on posting and searches.

With all of the paying members and all the advertising that us non paying member have to endure this place should be the premier site without any problems. If only they would keep their fingers off of it and just let it run. I have a suspicion that to draw in higher paying advertisers they are showing off with fancier software, which like most new software, has a bunch of bugs in it and will take a while before it straightened out.

Now I've been able to get in without a problem, it just have something to do with logging in for the first time. I'll have to see the next time I have to enter my log in information.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:03 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Bob, I have been noticing the exact same thing you mention happen, but not every time? like right now it's fine? I just figured it was one of the pop up ads /video? that FTE has on here. and if paying members don't get the pop up ads I supose that could be the reason why some have the problem and some dont??? hmmm yesterday my browser froze up a couple different times, I like to just blame it all on my Autodesk Civil 3D 2010 version of cad!

Old 12-18-2009, 02:10 PM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah, I've been having the same problem. It's amazing how ad-laden this website has become since I first started frequenting it back at the beginning of the decade. I guess that's the difference between being privately owned by a "Ford Truck Enthusiast" and just being another "internet brand". But Bob's right. The constant ad bombs shouldn't be locking up our computers. It's crap like this that hardens my resolve to NOT become a paid subscriber.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:31 PM
black58
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm not a paying member. I have no problems other thatn an abnormally long time for the whole page to load. Not a crazy long time, just about five seconds for each page. But it's always been like that for me.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:44 PM
black58
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It's funny, I posted above and went on surfing and immediately had the pop up for the first time.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:11 PM
daves54
Elder User
no problems here. i hated seeing toyota adds last year so i joined to get rid of them!!!!!!

Last edited by daves54; 12-18-2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-18-2009, 04:30 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*****JOB $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ SECURITY***********

Quick Reply: Why do they keep screwing with this site?!!!