Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why can't I learn the jargin? [A totally random thread]

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 09:18 PM
njtinman2
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alot of those terms were made up to bust on the people who act like they know cars but dont like the muffler bearing

Old 12-21-2009, 10:37 AM
alxsnmr
Fleet Mechanic
Most of the items in Tbird's sig is just what someone stated they are, gimick names to boost sales. If you took those item names and searched for them on websites like summit racing and the like you will find them pretty easily.

The more of one manufacturer's part that an individual has on their car, e.g. Trick Flow, Eldebrock, Comp Cams, Crane cams, Holley, etc., you know what kind of brand name junkie they are

Old 12-22-2009, 03:55 PM
monkei
More Turbo
It's okay, it just means you're not a MAN yet. Haha.

I didn't know the names or how shiznit worked when I started either. You have a genuine interest in messing with vehicles or not, and that becomes very apparent after you either do or don't start spending all of your money on and free time thinking about cars/trucks.

You do learn by doing, fixing, and of course, breaking.

I installed a throttle body spacer once (almost as good an improvement as a new muffler bearing); we were all newbies at one point or another. All I can say is, after a while, you learn who knows what they're talking about/has experience tinkering with vehicles, or who is is talking out their *** like the above mentioned brother to seem relevant/smart.