6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

35" or 37" tires on stock F350? Pictures?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 12:43 PM
slowmans
Cargo Master
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by bhd
That makes no sense unless 1.5" (at most) of additional hieght is too much for your orange umpaloompa legs.

I did the 35's and the wear is horrible. I also just cannot justify spending 1500+ on new rims, when it came with pretty nice rims. At the end of 4 years, i'll be going back to stock size michelins?

Why?

I don't need rims and tires on this thing to make me feel special. My family and job do a fine job of proving who i am. Think about this before you steal 5k from your kids college fund to "look cool". How often are you in the mud to require mud tires? How often would 1" of additional clearance at the axles matter? WHY WOULD YOU OFFROAD A 9k lb diesel? Much less risk a 40k investment.

Sorry for the rant, but this section is downright silly compared to the 7.3 section... and there fore i'm calling many of you out as flat billed bros, aka diesel ricers.

Have fun spending all your money on ****ty tires.
Really guy? If you cant add any value to this thread then why dont you go count the interest your making on your kids college funds!

Old 12-06-2012, 12:15 PM
theendresult
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bhd
That makes no sense unless 1.5" (at most) of additional hieght is too much for your orange umpaloompa legs.

I did the 35's and the wear is horrible. I also just cannot justify spending 1500+ on new rims, when it came with pretty nice rims. At the end of 4 years, i'll be going back to stock size michelins?

Why?

I don't need rims and tires on this thing to make me feel special. My family and job do a fine job of proving who i am. Think about this before you steal 5k from your kids college fund to "look cool". How often are you in the mud to require mud tires? How often would 1" of additional clearance at the axles matter? WHY WOULD YOU OFFROAD A 9k lb diesel? Much less risk a 40k investment.

Sorry for the rant, but this section is downright silly compared to the 7.3 section... and there fore i'm calling many of you out as flat billed bros, aka diesel ricers.

......I feel sorry for your kids.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Whaler22
New User
Originally Posted by bhd

Why?

Who asked you to justify anything? For that matter, who asked you for your moralizing -- and how could you possibly moralize about the choices he might be making without knowing ANYTHING about his financial circumstance?

This is the sort of commentary that adds nothing of value to anybody... Just your three cents based upon your unique financial circumstance and your perspective on YOUR family. It couldn't be less relevant, less responsive to the question, or less interesting to the 99% who don't share your circumstance or your concerns. For example, my kids are done with college (for which I already paid), I'm spending my own money, the factory sticker on my truck was $56,340, not $40,000, and I would never refer to a pickup truck, a rapidly depreciating asset, as an "investment". My significance or value as a human being is completely unrelated to my truck, my preference in ice cream flavors, the color of my underwear, or the brand of lawn mower or backhoe I own. They're all equally insignificant. With few exceptions, I buy the things I want and can afford. I don't care what others think about my purchases, and I'm confident enough in myself that I don't feel the need to belittle others who express different personal preferences. I got past that behavior in junior high. Now I recognize that it's okay if other folks prefer chocolate ice cream (I like vanilla). I'm equally happy if they want smaller tires or taller tires... You say tomAto, I say tomato, etc.

I can't imagine feeling compelled to "call someone out" because he can spend money that I can't afford to spend without adversely effecting my family... How others choose to spend their money and/or equip their trucks/jeeps/motorcycles/tractors/horses/boats/aircraft/sneakers is none of my business unless and only to the extent I'm asked for advice.

We use OUR Diesel trucks to haul livestock trailers, a backhoe, and a 32' travel trailer. We also use the Ford to hunt the east side of our ranch, much of which is not accessible by improved roads, and some of which is blocked by a seasonal creek, so the ford has a lift, better suspension/travel, a winch and taller tires. We occasionally drive the Ford across the stream and, less frequently, in deep snow and mud. We've gotten it high-centered several times climbing out of the creek, and we've gotten it stuck to the point of needing the tractor twice. That's life. It's a truck for goodness sakes. It was designed for this sort of use. On the other hand, our use is no better or worse than that of a guy who likes to spend his days polishing his custom-painted truck by the beach while listening to loud thumpy music. And it matters not a whit whether some nozzle on the internet thinks that guy (or I) don't "need" this or that.

I wish you all the very best. Life is short. Equip your truck and all your other tools/toys in whatever way makes you smile most!

Old 09-05-2014, 05:21 AM
Ducj5150
New User
All some great looking trucks. I am on the fence as well here is my truck leveled on 35x12, lifted on same tires

Leveled on 35's

lifted on same

Old 09-05-2014, 12:20 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

I had 35x12.5x20 before i lifted the truck 4.5". The truck would rub at full lock in reverse only never going forward. The pic with the backhoe is prior to the lift with the 35x12.5x20 tires and no air bags. The rest are the same size tires after the lift loaded with air bags installed.

Attached Images     
Old 03-26-2015, 07:46 AM
dvmlawns
New User
any problems with them rubbing

Any problems with them rubbing or anything I have a stock 2012 f350 and wanna put 295/60R20 on them and wanna make sure I'll be good

Originally Posted by DP-TunerSales
These are 295/65R20 Nitto Trails on 20x9's, stock height F250. No lift or level.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:23 PM
CKetchum
Senior User

My F-250 is lifted 3" in the front and 2.5" in the rear. It maintains about 3/4" of rake without a load and my air bags keep me level when I am loaded down. I have 35" x 12.5" Toyo Open Country M/T's on factory 18" Alcoas. Rides great and the tires maintain balance very well. My factory running bars were my lowest point so I installed Amp Research Power Steps...

Old 04-14-2015, 08:24 PM
addybeer
Freshman User
I have an 08 f350 with toyo mt's on it I had to remove the front bumper as not to tear up the tires till I installed the levelling kit it had a small rub in the fender well as well till the levelling kit was put in

Old 04-14-2015, 10:27 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by addybeer
I have an 08 f350 with toyo mt's on it I had to remove the front bumper as not to tear up the tires till I installed the levelling kit it had a small rub in the fender well as well till the levelling kit was put in
What size toyo Mt's?

Old 04-15-2015, 11:31 AM
addybeer
Freshman User
Lol sorry they are 37" x 13.5 I believe like I said small rub until levelling kit and had to remove the bumper till then as well

Old 04-29-2015, 08:44 AM
redipsweb
Freshman User
I'm running 36x15.5 MTZ's on Mickey Thompson 20x11 Big Rig wheels, 7.5" front & 6" rear lift.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:59 AM
knlyons25
New User
Lift kit size

I just bought a used 2012 F350 single rear wheel 4x4 long bed pickup. It came with a bds lift installed. Nobody at the dealership knows exactly what size lift it is? I was hoping someone might be able to tell me an easy way to figure it out. It has 35x12.50x18 tired already but they look small on the truck. I measured the rear blocks and it seems to be 5.50 inches which is either 5" or 6" but I get 5.50" when I measure it? I am not sure what I have ? I have attached some pics for reference.

Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2016, 11:05 AM
knlyons25
New User
Lift kit size

More pictures

Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2016, 11:06 AM
knlyons25
New User
Lift kit size

More picutures

Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2016, 11:10 AM
knlyons25
New User
Even more pics

More pictures

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 35" or 37" tires on stock F350? Pictures?