Sponsored by: DP Tuner

just a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 05:02 AM
dothedew192
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just a few questions

Can anyone tell me which wire that goes into the back of the fusebox is for the parking lights? I need to wire my fog lights into them. Right now my fog lights just work off of my high beams. The relay built into the fuse box is burnt up so I had to rig it. Second question is when it comes to getting the dp tuner for your truck, does jody just get your pcm number and tune it to that? Do you have to go out and see him? Just wondering. And when does summer diesel come out? And if its not out yet, where is the line that splits this side has summer diesel, and this side has winter fuel still. Thank you everybody.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:49 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,890 Likes on 1,141 Posts
I used a wire near headlite switch for 'parking lites' to light my gauges. Just probe with a test light until ya find one?

Why couldn't you replace relay?

Winter fuel prolly depends on where you are. My guess is most places have already switched. I live in N.GA and we never get 'winter fuel' - at least where I buy it... Ask the station you buy fuel at - SOMEONE should know the answer! (let us know what ya find out!)

Yes, Jody or other tuners just need to know your PCM code and what mods you have to write tunes - however, 'live' tuning or better yet dyno tuning is much more specific to YOUR truck.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:17 AM
dothedew192
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I couldn't replace the relay because its built into the fuse box and the only replacement for it is a new fuse box. I've searched and searched for it and finally came to the conclusion that it can't be fixed so I wired it into my high beams. I just need to know which wire that goes into fuse box is the parking lights wire. I'm not sure if we've got winter fuel still here or not. My mpgs have gone up by two or three mpgs. But I just cleaned my ebpv which was packed full of soot so idk if its the fuel or the tube and sensor causing the increase. Now, when it comes to 'live' tuning, does that mean I go out and visit him and he tunes right there?

Old 03-18-2011, 09:21 AM
muleskinneralberta
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how do i post a thread??? and i would tie in the wires to an empty fuse on ignition,

Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,890 Likes on 1,141 Posts
Originally Posted by dothedew192
Now, when it comes to 'live' tuning, does that mean I go out and visit him and he tunes right there?
Yes. I think Jody can also do 'remote' live tuning with the F6 chip...

I still don't understand about the relay, they just plug into the power distribution block - but it sounds like you've got it figured out. There are many places to find the 'wire' you are looking for, I used the bundle behind the headlight switch 'cause it was easy for me.