Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Adding OEM fog lights to a 2008 XL

Old 09-08-2016, 07:11 PM
TexasRebel
Postmaster
TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.
Awesome outcome!

Old 09-09-2016, 07:54 AM
MisterCMK
Avid Winter Hater
MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Jaime74656 View Post
I'll.be happy to toss another wrench in your already blurry line, I have a XLT with no PATS and manual locks
Pats was never available on your truck to begin with.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:36 AM
JSlatter
New User
JSlatter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok I've read this multiple times and let me say this and hopefully someone will have an answer. I have an 08 F250 XL. That has the FX4 package. It did not come with fog lights. I bought all the parts installed them including the sun load sensor. My automatic lights work but my fog lights do not. I used FORScan and changes the settings to allow fog lights and still nothing. There is a fuse in the right side kick panel that is a 15 amp fuse in the #21 spot and that's good. Can anyone help me figure this out. Without having to buy a SJB. Per Ford if I need to replace it this is the model I would need. AC3Z-15604-D. And I can't find anything on that model number that says it has fog light option vs what my factory one has.

The one thing I will try that I didn't is listen for a click with lights on. If it does not click where would the relay be located to replace?

Edit: I had no volume on turned the ignition to on(did not start truck) and turned lights on pulled the fog light switch out and I did not hear a click.
Thank you in advance.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:29 AM
jdmcmanus1
New User
jdmcmanus1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
JSlatter, I also have a 2008 F250 XL (BASE model). I added the factory fog lights and the sunload sensor about two years ago by following this thread. I did NOT need any additional parts or procedures outside of what is detailed in this thread; no programming required. I just plugged it all in and it just works. So I think you are on the right path, it sounds like wiring to me.

Old 06-05-2019, 04:22 PM
Jaysonics
New User
Jaysonics is starting off with a positive reputation.
Does anyone know where to get the wiring harness for this project? I have searched high and low and nobody has them in stock or says they are backordered with no eta. I have the lights and the switch already but missing wiring harness. Any help would be great, thanks!

Old 06-05-2019, 05:27 PM
Jaysonics
New User
Jaysonics is starting off with a positive reputation.
Does anyone know where to get the wiring harness for this project? I have searched high and low and nobody has them in stock or says they are backordered with no eta. I have the lights and the switch already but missing wiring harness. Any help would be great, thanks!

Old 06-06-2019, 08:06 AM
JSlatter
New User
JSlatter is starting off with a positive reputation.
What I did is call different state Ford Dealers. I tried to purchase and all said it was on perm back order, So I went to the dealer and they only access to 1-2 states inventory. I live the south. I looked up a dealer in Ohio they did a search and found mine in Connecticut. Gave me the number to call them and I was able to purchase.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:34 AM
TexasRebel
Postmaster
TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Jaysonics View Post
A junkyard is a good place to look now. These pickups are over 10 years old and, thus, no longer supported by Ford. OE Parts will become exceedingly rare as inventory is sold off and not replenished. Any genuine ford parts will be new - old stock. The other option is to start looking in places like JC Whitney.