Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.

Power Hungry Performance $ALE Nov 1 - 22

Old 10-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Hungry Performance $ALE Nov 1 - 22

$ALE -- NOVEMBER 1 through NOVEMBER 22

• SAVE $30 on All Orders Over $300 (except AutoEnginuity)
• SAVE $25 on FICM Reprogramming*
• SAVE $75 When You Purchase FICM Reprogramming AND a 6.0L Gryphon™ Programmer*
• SAVE $50 and Receive FREE UPS Ground Shipping on Any Phoenix, FU, FU2, or Minotaur Order when combined with ANY AutoEnginuity Product
• FREE UPS Ground Shipping on ALL AutoEnginuity Orders

Offers valid on all orders received November 1 - November 22. Discounts, including Military, CANNOT be combined except where noted. Sale prices will be reflected on your invoice. PLEASE ALLOW ADDITIONAL TIME FOR SHIPPING AND CUSTOM TUNING!

* DO NOT send your FICM to us for reprogramming while our office is closed while we attend SEMA! Simply e-mail your FICM and Gryphon orders to us to receive the sale price. We will contact you when we return to let you know when to ship your FICM.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:41 PM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm interested in the FICM programming. Will I see much mileage gain with one of the earlier '03 strategies? I have VXAP1, the inferred EBP strategy, 06E17. Also, can you add the latest inductive heating with this strategy, or would I need to get my PCM updated first? If I did get the PCM updated to the latest inductive heating, would FICM tuning achieve the same power and mileage as it would with my current strategy? Thanks!

Old 10-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by cartmanea
I'm interested in the FICM programming. Will I see much mileage gain with one of the earlier '03 strategies? I have VXAP1, the inferred EBP strategy, 06E17. Also, can you add the latest inductive heating with this strategy, or would I need to get my PCM updated first? If I did get the PCM updated to the latest inductive heating, would FICM tuning achieve the same power and mileage as it would with my current strategy? Thanks!
The PCM doesn't contain the inductive heating strategy. Of course, the PCM can be programmed as well, and that's probably to what you're referring, I'd bet, so here we go...

First, don't update to the latest Ford PCM strategy if it can be helped. Bill doesn't have enough bad things to say about it. Ford just keeps detuning these trucks, and the performance suffers with each calibration update.

Second, you should definitely see some gains in fuel economy, performance, shifting, throttle response, etc. with our FICM calibration (which has the latest inductive heating strategy in it!).

Third, if you're looking for horsepower gains, we generally handle that in the PCM tuning; however, I believe that Innovative's FICM reprogramming is geared in that direction, and I've heard great things about Eric's tuning.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:45 PM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok, so your FICM programing will give me inductive heating without the need for a Ford reflash? I didn't know that was possible, I thought the PCM strategy had to be matched with the FICM strategy, that is good news.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:31 PM
jlo84truck
Senior User
Groovy chick, I would also like to get the FICM programing for my truck. I emailed bill a couple of times and havent heard anything back, I know that your probably real busy there. Do you guys have any FICM's there that you can trade out with me if I pay a core charge or somthing? If not, has bill gotten his gryphon programer to program the FICM through the OBD2 port? if he has would he be willing to only put a FICM program on it and send it to me so I can program my truck? I would be willing to pay for the FICM tune, put a deposit down on the gryphon tuner, and pay shipping both ways w/ insurance. Thanks, Justin

Old 12-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by cartmanea
Ok, so your FICM programing will give me inductive heating without the need for a Ford reflash? I didn't know that was possible, I thought the PCM strategy had to be matched with the FICM strategy, that is good news.
Most Ford dealerships can only program current calibrations and can't go "backwards." Additionally, the firmware that they use require that the PCM and FICM match up so they need the truck available to them when they reflash the FICM.

The FICM and PCM don't HAVE to match; the only thing that might happen if the FICM has a different calibration than the PCM is looking for is that you will set a DTC code. The truck will run just fine, though.

Originally Posted by jlo84truck
Groovy chick, I would also like to get the FICM programing for my truck. I emailed bill a couple of times and havent heard anything back, I know that your probably real busy there. Do you guys have any FICM's there that you can trade out with me if I pay a core charge or somthing? If not, has bill gotten his gryphon programer to program the FICM through the OBD2 port? if he has would he be willing to only put a FICM program on it and send it to me so I can program my truck? I would be willing to pay for the FICM tune, put a deposit down on the gryphon tuner, and pay shipping both ways w/ insurance. Thanks, Justin
Hi, Justin. I'm sorry Bill hasn't gotten back to you yet. (Frankly, the best way to get ahold of us is through our forum because we haven't had the time to peruse all of the others lately...) We're insanely busy! We have the sale going on, and last week was my first full week back from having the flu and pneumonia! I think it will some time in January before we're actually "caught up."

We don't currently have any FICMs in stock. We sold the five we had a couple of weeks ago -- all in one week, mind you! I believe Swamp's Diesel has some available for sale that can be shipped directly to us for reprogramming. Bill hasn't had time to finish the firmware to allow FICM reprogramming via the OBDII port, but it is certainly on his TO DO list. We've got a ton of people anxiously waiting for it to be available. As soon as it's done, we'll post it on our website as well as on our forum, so please feel free to check back from time to time.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
We want to say a very sincere THANK YOU for everyone's patience and prayers over the past few weeks. We've received dozens of e-mails with good wishes -- even from people we don't even know! We believe very strongly in the power of prayer, and it looks as if I'm finally on the mend... not 100% -- more like 85% -- but DEFINITELY better than I was as recently as Friday.

We realize that it was difficult to get in touch with us since we returned from SEMA. Bill did his best to keep up with phone calls, but we probably missed more than half of them since we have four phone lines... he was also tuning some vehicles over at Panoz a few of those days.

We understand that most people like to speak with us before ordering (I know I would if I were ordering something for my truck!). That being said, we are extending our sale through December 31 to ensure that anyone who would like to place an order will receive our advertised prices.

• SAVE $30 on All Orders Over $300 (except AutoEnginuity)
• SAVE $25 on <acronym title="Fuel Injector Control Module">FICM</acronym> Reprogramming
• SAVE $75 When You Purchase <acronym title="Fuel Injector Control Module">FICM</acronym> Reprogramming AND a 6.0L Gryphon™ Programmer
• SAVE $50 and Receive FREE UPS Ground Shipping on Any Phoenix, FU, FU2, or Minotaur Order when combined with ANY AutoEnginuity Product
• FREE UPS Ground Shipping on ALL AutoEnginuity Orders

Offers valid on all orders received November 1 - December 31. Discounts CANNOT be combined except where noted. Sale prices will be reflected on your invoice. You may e-mail your order form as an attachment to sales@phptune.com, but please be aware that due to intermittent e-mail issues that are beyond our control, incoming and outgoing e-mails are occasionally lost in cyber space. You're welcome to FAX your order to us at 678-963-9919 as well. PLEASE ALLOW ADDITIONAL TIME FOR SHIPPING AND CUSTOM TUNING!