2012 Ranger not coming to NA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 12:34 PM
mikeg81
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Ranger not coming to NA?

Not Coming to America: Redesigned Ford Ka, Ranger — Autoblog Green

Ford CEO Alan Mulally has said a couple of times that he'd like to see the diminutive and highly efficient Ford Ka sold here in the States, though we always questioned whether it would actually happen. Wonder no more, as Mulally has just come right out and said that the little car won't make the trek to America. Speaking to Automotive News, Mulally said, "Our view is that Fiesta is about the smallest vehicle that we think will be a real success in the United States." So, there you go.

Also not coming to America will be the next-generation Ford Ranger, which has been spotted testing over in Australia a couple of times already. At this point, it's not clear what (if anything) will replace the rapidly aging compact pickup when the current Ranger ends production in 2011.
This sucks if it's true.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:11 AM
kawa
Postmaster
Talking

Ford has a history of doing what I consider "Really Dumb" stuff. Ford came out with the 55, 56 & 57 T-bird. Everybody liked them, Discontinued. Then turned it into a hugh sedan. Came out with the Mustang, Huge success, well liked, Dumped. Another that come to mind is the Ranchero. Gone.
So it's no surprise that they will/are dumping the Ranger. Hells bells look at what they have done to the F-150 that thing is huge and continues to grow even bigger. The Ranger gets dumped and the F-150 grows.

Oh well, they never seem to ask the consumer what they think and Ford just can't leave well enough alone. Just thank God that Obama has acquired ownership of Ford! YET!
Rog

Old 11-23-2009, 02:03 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
The new world ranger will be produced for the world market. Ford has a history of not showing all thier cards. They will also start rumors of new vehicles and then say they are cancelled, then they still will show up. Recent examples are the ford fusion GT, taraus SHO, 6.2 engine and the raptor, all were supose to be scraped

Old 11-23-2009, 04:35 PM
swisstruck
Freshman User
hey i live in switzerland, i am a really proud owner of a 08 f150, an american ranger, 96 mustang and a 78 ltd ii
i know european cars, i am working for a peugeot dealer.
i know also ka,fiesta, europe ranger, kuga etc
oh god, a ka for the usa?this small stupid thing?that is dangerous to drive like a smart or a fiat 500, this cars sucks like obama.
i travel every year to the usa, i rent trucks or large suvs, because i need the room, not just for my baggage, also for me.
i would never drive a small car like a ka.
and the ranger? here just available with a diesel, hm i would rather drive a john deere than this kind of truck, truck?its the same **** like the mitsubishis,toyotas and so
god, i love the F series, the only real truck on the planet, little bit better than the silverado and the ram but much much better than a tundra
FORD YOU ARE BUILDING THE RIGHT CARS AND TRUCKS

Old 11-24-2009, 05:16 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
I'm glad to see you swiz aren't allways neutral ha ha. It's a shame you don't like Obama, I was going to to trade to you for a decent swiz army knife and a clock hee hee. It's nice to know that others around the world like our big american metal, ford especially. Thanks for the compliment. "God bless Switzerland" I agree with all your opinions, nothing like elbow room in a tough truck. The kicker of it is, they are starting to get some decent mpg out of this heavy metal and gobs of hp. I'm not ready for Obama's electric cars yet, I'll live and die by the combustion engine. Even if I have to make moonshine to run them hee hee!!! Have a wonderful day my friend.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:52 AM
mikeg81
New User
Originally Posted by swisstruck
hey i live in switzerland, i am a really proud owner of a 08 f150, an american ranger, 96 mustang and a 78 ltd ii
i know european cars, i am working for a peugeot dealer.
i know also ka,fiesta, europe ranger, kuga etc
oh god, a ka for the usa?this small stupid thing?that is dangerous to drive like a smart or a fiat 500, this cars sucks like obama.
i travel every year to the usa, i rent trucks or large suvs, because i need the room, not just for my baggage, also for me.
i would never drive a small car like a ka.
and the ranger? here just available with a diesel, hm i would rather drive a john deere than this kind of truck, truck?its the same **** like the mitsubishis,toyotas and so
god, i love the F series, the only real truck on the planet, little bit better than the silverado and the ram but much much better than a tundra
FORD YOU ARE BUILDING THE RIGHT CARS AND TRUCKS
I'm not going to talk about the Ka, as I don't care about it.

Congrats that you like your F150. However, unlike yourself I would prefer that Ford build a modern Ranger. I don't want an F150, and the fact that you rent full size vehicles is rather irrelevant, no offence. The statement that Ford is building the right trucks is merely your opinion, and is plain wrong when it comes to the Ranger. It's in need of an update, and it looks as though Ford is just going to drop it, rather than step up and do the right thing.

It's one of the best selling pickups year after year, and they just want to walk away from that? I'd hope not.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:36 AM
KhanTyranitar
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Likewise, for a personal truck that doesn't need to haul heavy loads, I prefer the smaller more fuel efficient low maintanece cost of the Ranger. Sure an F-150 would be great, but almost everything on it costs more, more fuel, more expensive tires, more expensive shocks, tune ups cost more, brakes cost more, etc. The Ranger is adequate for what i do, and will pretty much haul as much as you can fit in the bed, regardless of what it is.

Ford needs to acnowledge that with the Colorado dropping out of the market the Ranger will be the only compact pickup in NA. The Tacoma is too large and heavy, not to mention that it is also too expensive for most fleets (stripped down Tacomas are still moderately equipped), as is the Dakota, Frontier, and Raider. Heck, with everyone else dropping out of that market, you think it would be a no brainer to stay with it. Revise the body somewhat, add more powerful, more duel efficient engines, and you've got a winner. I'd like to see them use that 3.5L Ecoboost.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:17 AM
reddog99
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe it's actually a devious attempt to keep Ranger sales up before they bring in the new model! If they were to announce the imminent arrival of a new Ranger, sales would dry up while people hold off purchases in expectation.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Josh87coupe
New User
ranger = 145HP with (i get) 26-27 MPG and thats revvin it to 6k on some red lights to get into traffic etc.... lil 5 speed duratec 2.3L

Its a good truck, still has factory everything! only thing that has been changed is the oil, windshield wipers, and spark plugs.. and put gas in it

ford battery and all and im at 105k miles

got a lil over 320 miles on 12 gallons of gas STILL

Old 12-10-2009, 07:15 AM
02xlt3.0
Senior User
Ford has a history of doing what I consider "Really Dumb" stuff. Ford came out with the 55, 56 & 57 T-bird. Everybody liked them, Discontinued. Then turned it into a hugh sedan.

Yeah, I hate the 58 t-bird compared to the 2 seaters too, but, they sold more in 58 than in 55-57 combined.

People seem to want bigger and bigger trucks. I don't know why either when most people don't even haul in a truck, but there it is. The car companies will go where they think the market is. I don't have to like it, but evidently I'm in a minority.