1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

'51 F-1 stuff on the HAMB

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 02:27 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
'51 F-1 stuff on the HAMB

Just a heads up to the FTE family, there's some '51 parts on the HAMB board that I think are price right. Unfortunatly, or Fortunately, none of that ugly sheet metal but what's listed looks like a good price and the guy seems to really want it gone so there might be good deal here.

51 ford F-1 parts. engine, trans/ suspension/ wheels - THE H.A.M.B.

Hate to see some ratrodder grab this stuff and stuff in some death trap

Old 12-02-2009, 09:04 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's too bad that he's taking an excellent original and restored truck and converting it to a "more reliable" truck. I don't see anything wrong with the truck especially if the engine was rebuilt.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:23 PM
hxgaser
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, if you ask me, that was a nice daily driver.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:28 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
It's a golden opportunity for someone who wants a clean rebuilt flattie. That's about 10 miles outside of the middle of nowhere, tho. Love the color combo!

Old 12-02-2009, 11:15 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,790 Likes on 1,824 Posts
Man, I hate to see that! Its one thing to cut up an old truck that is a basket case, but to start with something like that and rip it all apart? the guy should be shot.

I'll bet it ends up with a mustang II front end and a small block chevy

it just chaps my hiney

Bobby

Old 12-02-2009, 11:53 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Right now I'm dealing with a situation like that with my '37 Buick but this time I'm on the receiving end of the deal. The front cross member is rusted out and I need to find a replacement. I figure it won't be that hard to find one since it seems everyone doing an old car is stubbing a new clip on it and there got to be a few old clips I can get the part from laying around. I found a guy selling a heater for a same vintage Buick and in his ad he mentioned the heater is out of a car he's hot rodding. I emailed the guy to see if he might be stubbing the front clip and would he be interested in selling it. The next day he emails me back and says not only does he have the clip but everything else for the car and tells me to make an offer. I call him and he says he's hot rodding a car that was professionally restored about ten years ago and now he's gutting it to make a hot rod. Everything under the car is like new. He's got the rear axle with springs, full front suspension, four like new WWW tires on stock rims with beauty rings and a strong, great running stock engine with tranny, and, some other parts he can't remember but he'll give me everything. We go around a while on the value of the parts and I tell him I have no idea what they are all worth and that he should decide. He says he wants $800 for it all. I'm picking it up Saturday AM. I have to sell some parts but I can't pass up a deal like that.

I think the HAMB parts are great deal, I bet he'd even deal a little lower, seems like he wants the stuff gone ASAP. You can't rebuild an engine for that kind of money.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:57 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Can I have first crack at the guy?

I once ran into the similar situation. I was on the hunt for a good 215 OHV for my 52. Previously, I bought three different OHVs in various conditions. Finally, I stumbled upon a guy that had removed a perfectly running OHV, 3 spd transmission, and the entire front suspension from a customer's 52 F1. The customer was paying him to install, you guessed it, an MII suspension and a 350 small block w/AT. I picked up everything for $400. Ended up making half of my money back by selling the complete stock suspension.

Bob, maybe you should trade cars with that guy... You're getting one heck of a deal! Looks like the Buick might be roadworthy by summertime???

Old 12-02-2009, 11:58 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,790 Likes on 1,824 Posts
Bob,

Wow, sounds like a good deal on the Buick parts, very cool.

I know that its cheaper and easier to build a hot rod if you start with something in good condition. I just can't bring myself to do it. If I had something that was in that kind of shape then it would have to stay stock (even if it was a 51/52 manure spreader....lol)

Bobby

Old 12-03-2009, 08:02 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Another time, and this really made me sick, I went to a car show with my F-2. As I was pulling up to the parking lot I could see the round top of a F-1 and found the parking right behind it was empty so I pulled in. I got out of my truck and walked back to look at the F-1. As I go up to it I saw the box was gutted, no floor and wheel tubs with a shortened rear end. As I walked to the front I could see the truck was never repainted, it had the original dull red paint with some minor flaws, very solid truck. When I got to the front I saw the owner, a late twenty something blond guy with corn rowed hair, a conja type guy. I peeked under the hood and there was a SBC. I asked the guy about the truck and he proudly proclaimed he bought the truck from the original owner's widow and it was in almost perfect, original condition. I actually told the guy that his type made guys like me sick because we start with a rusty hulk and bust our butts to make them look nice and they take a pristine truck and butcher the heck out of it. I don't think he was too thrilled with me.

Ilya, I've been given the swap suggestion by a couple of people I've told about the deal but the seller is has a coupe, mines a four door sedan, and he's using the frame from the firewall back. Fortunately for me, he's updating everything underneath with hi-po stuff.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:49 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay, I'll say it! There is no such thing as a truck or car too good to make a hot rod out of!

Old 12-03-2009, 10:36 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by GreatNorthWoods
Okay, I'll say it! There is no such thing as a truck or car too good to make a hot rod out of!

Old 12-03-2009, 10:48 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
Thank you Bob....subtle!

Old 12-04-2009, 08:22 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Isn't that Hillbilly Bob's truck from here on FTE?

Old 12-04-2009, 05:10 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1

I was just wondering the same thing? except I think Bob's in Florida and that hamb truck is in Nebraska, at least per the signature in the posts??

it is a nice looking truck!

Old 12-06-2009, 12:40 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
Close but no.

Hillbilly Bob's truck

HAMB truck

Quick Reply: '51 F-1 stuff on the HAMB