1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lift amd rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 10:41 AM
bcplace1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lift amd rims

I have an 08 f 250 4wd with 20 rims stock
front sits half an inch lower than rear and I want it to sit level and raise the truck 2 inches or so my problem is I tow everyday and just using blocks truck will sag in back anybody got any experience with add aleaf versus helpers springs also I would like to buys some rims and have them stick out from fender about an inch and a half what offset should I look foThanks for any help

Old 11-28-2009, 11:00 AM
nickj11
Junior User
My padnuh has an 07, he found a leveling kit w/ new springs for about 250 bucks and he also put an add-a-leaf in the rear. Not sure about his inches of lift, but, it looks a world better (thinking he got about 2 1/2). If you want about 1 1/2", which will look good, but, it'll keep you truck panels dirty and over time chip your paint considerably, you prolly want about -36mm to get 1 1/2". 12mm= 1/2" and your offset needs to be negative to push the tire out from under the fender.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:10 PM
bcplace1
New User
Does he pull with his truck?
Depending on who you talk to I get different stories I hear the add a leaf is probably the best to keep truck from squatting under load but will stiffen the ride.
I appreciate the info on rims
Thanks for the help

Old 11-28-2009, 05:05 PM
thedaddycat
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I got the snow plow I had a spring shop make me up an extra leaf to bring my front springs up to 6000# like the snow plow prep package. It ended up being close to a leveling kit in lift. The plow weighs about 900# and the front end will still settle under the weight when I pick the plow up but not as much as without the extra leaf. I was thinking of getting Timbrens for the front to help when the plow is on.

You could check out Timbren hollow rubber air springs for the rear. They are supposed to not do anything while running empty but keep you from sagging when loaded.

Timbren Aeon Hollow Rubber Springs

Old 11-28-2009, 05:20 PM
conger
Posting Guru
Mine has an add-a-leaf in the rear to pick up the back end after installing the levelling kit in the front. I found the truck looked to high in the front. I guess the back oem springs had sagged some. I've never been a fan of tall lift blocks. The new leaf in the back installed third from the top and is quite a long spring. It didn't really change to ride characteristics in the back at all in the back. I do plan to add a set of air bag helpers next spring for those times that I'll be carrying a lot of extra weight in the bed along with the TT.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:41 PM
akford351
Posting Guru
I use Deaver AALs on my truck and they work great... I thought they firmed up the ride just right and it rides fine. I gained a little less than an inch overall.

Since you have an '08 with the longer leaves I would recommend an add-a-pack setup. I think both Deaver and Rize make some.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Saz221
Freshman User
Firestone Ride-Rite air bags

After owning a few lifted trucks, I have come to the conclusion that there is a HUGE difference in add-a-leafs. Some good and some bad. If I like how the truck rides, I stick with a lift block and add firestone Ride-Rite air springs in the back. For a superduty they will set you back about $250 or so and you will retain the factory ride while empty, and they will level the truck when you have a heavy trailer on. They also help handling because you are not bouncing off the overload block either, making the trailer porpise- they smooth everything out. Check them out, I highly recommend them.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:33 AM
bcplace1
New User
I found a really nice 2.5" leveling kit on ebay for $110 that includes shock extender, bushing, extended brake line brackets, and another bracket they say will eliminate the the front end from walking to drivers side also a add a leaf for $80 that will lift rear 2 inches and add 1000 lb carrying cap I think ill try these and let yall know Now I just need to find some nice rims and tires till I see something else I just have to have
Thanks Guys