Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Old 03-18-2015, 10:39 PM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Hey, don't pin this on me man!
I wasn't blaming you. Lol

Very nice example by the way. But I think you could give it more back story.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:44 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Drunken_Unicorn
I think you could give it more back story.
Call me Apocalypse. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely-I bought an Excursion having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me.
There now is your insular city of the Manhattoes, belted round by wharves as Indian isles by coral reefs- commerce surrounds it with her surf. Right and left, the streets take you waterward...

Shall I go on?

Old 03-19-2015, 08:57 AM
NCTunanut
Senior User
You know you drive an Excursion when find it easier to just buy the gas station.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:08 AM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Call me Apocalypse. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely-I bought an Excursion having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me.
There now is your insular city of the Manhattoes, belted round by wharves as Indian isles by coral reefs- commerce surrounds it with her surf. Right and left, the streets take you waterward...

Shall I go on?

I dub thee King of the run-on sentence. :-P Also, that was quiet poetic. I think you would get along well with late early 1900's speech writers

You may continue.

You know you drive an excursion when use 'a philosophical flourish Cato' in a sentence to describe your back story." I can't tell if this is a metaphor for religious oppression, or food manipulation with GMO's.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:12 AM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 214 Likes on 144 Posts
You know you drive an Excursion when the high school your kid goes to depends on it to be the "team bus" to get them to and from matches.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:13 AM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
You know you drive an Excursion when oncoming traffic moves to the right side of the road when you are coming towards them.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:51 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
You know you made the best decision in upgrading to a 4wd 04 excursion when someone follows you for 2 miles to a Fastenal store and talks to you for 20 minutes about how much he likes your Excursion. How much they love them and how nice the black wheels look. Wondered how big of a lift I put on it, and what all I had done to it. The guy was acting like I was driving LivingLarges truck and he was in a yugo... Turns out I was in my 04 and he was in.... wait for it.... A BRAND NEW DODGE 4 DOOR DIESEL!!! He liked my EX more than his BRAND NEW TRUCK!

Old 03-19-2015, 12:17 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts
You know you made the best decision in upgrading to a 4wd 04 excursion when someone follows you for 2 miles to a Fastenal store and talks to you for 20 minutes about how much he likes your Excursion. How much they love them and how nice the black wheels look. Wondered how big of a lift I put on it, and what all I had done to it. The guy was acting like I was driving LivingLarges truck and he was in a yugo... Turns out I was in my 04 and he was in.... wait for it.... A BRAND NEW DODGE 4 DOOR DIESEL!!! He liked my EX more than his BRAND NEW TRUCK!
It's Excursion envy and Ford jealousy.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:26 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
It's Excursion envy and Ford jealousy.
I haven't been followed since my tuner days and I was pimping my focus and ******* on civics... it was the best feeling I've had in a loooooooooong time.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:55 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
You know you drive an X when you look in the mirror and don't see a box with a topper on it.

Old 03-19-2015, 02:19 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
You get excited that you fit in a garage but then remember that you can't open the back doors because the glass comes up to high.

Old 03-19-2015, 02:51 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
The dude in the McDonald's drive through compliments you on your truck.

"You don't see those around, nice truck"

There are almost no Exs up this way. And being diesel I really stand out. No other half ton diesel SUVs around

Old 03-19-2015, 03:28 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by nmclella
The dude in the McDonald's drive through compliments you on your truck.

There are almost no Exs up this way. And being diesel I really stand out. No other half ton diesel SUVs around

I pulled up to a license check and the cop said "Wow, diesel Excursion, you don't see many of those"

Old 03-19-2015, 04:20 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by nmclella

Last time I was in Quebec City, it was quite rare to see anything larger than a minivan.

Old 03-19-2015, 04:45 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
Last time I was in Quebec City, it was quite rare to see anything larger than a minivan.
Last time I drove thru Hollywood florida, (February) I thought I was in Quebec City!

The Quebecians are taking over lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....