1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

What should my next move be ?

Old 11-22-2009, 08:16 PM
#1wags
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What should my next move be ?

Hey Guy's,I'm new to FTE and this is my first post so be gentle lol. I'm hoping you can tell me what my next move should be.To go to the begining,I have a 01 F-150 4x4 with the 4.6L V8,with an auto.trans with 115,000 miles on the truck. I was having a problem with a misfire on Cyl. #3. Long story made short,it ended up having a burnt valve on that cyl.Well,I plunged into it with both feet, by replacing both heads with the Ford Racings,Performance Improved Heads(PI heads)I also got the FR PI Intake.The Exhaust manifolds were in pretty rough shape,so I got a set of headers and header wrap,and as long as I was spending money,I got a Trick Flow cold Air Kit,and a Trick Flow Timing set.Now that I replaced the intake,I've had to go with the 99 and up Mustang GT coolant tube that goes under the intake,the GT fuel rail,and plenum.The truck isn't running yet, because I'm waiting for parts. But what I'm wondering is,Should I plan on getting a Programmer on it's way? With all the changes,do I still get one for the truck,or for a different application? Any advice you can give me will be appreciated.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:20 PM
highteckredneck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well sounds like you are going to have a bad *** truck, so i think a tuner is gona be kinda restrictive. they were mainly designed for little modded trucks but there are some custom tuners out there. here in houston at baytown speedway, my buddy has a program on his laptop and can do just about any type ot computer mod you want. so i think you should find a laptop or i hear you can send your ecu into a performance shop, tell them your mods and they can tune it for you and send it back.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:05 PM
galaxie641
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any good tuner will be able to take your mods and provide you a custom tune, if you want the very best you'll need to drop $500-$1K on a dyno tune and actually take the truck to the tuner to have it done.

Search this Thread