Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nicw Truck!!

Old 11-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Blown 331
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rverdi
Read the original post again...
Oh, my bad. And no one has asked about a price?

Old 11-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Recoil
Tuned
Nice truck, but don't sell it, you will regret it.

Odds are there is a vehicle at home that you are making payments on. Sell that one and get rid of the payments.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Pickupmanx2
Logistics Pro
Received 238 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by Recoil
Nice truck, but don't sell it, you will regret it.

Odds are there is a vehicle at home that you are making payments on. Sell that one and get rid of the payments.
DITTO X2 for that. get rid of ANYTHING else you can, speaking from experience, KEEP IT, hell deliver pizza's in it, but keep it.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:17 AM
knightrider7482
New User
i have a 79 f150 with the 351m. what is the stock cfms for a 2150 and would it hurt to put an edelbrock 1404 with 500 cfms on it

Old 11-23-2009, 10:24 AM
knightrider7482
New User
what is the max cfms for a 79 f150 with a 2150 2bbl

Old 11-23-2009, 01:54 PM
alex-speedpoint
Freshman User
Very nice truck, awesome. What lift size you installed ?

Alex

Old 11-23-2009, 05:13 PM
virgojeep
Junior User
I wish mine was a manual transmission. Nothing against the C6, its a hard to kill tranny, I just like the simplicity of the manual trans.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:39 PM
F250_Pat
New User
Originally Posted by Blown 331
Wow, that is just awesome. I'm in the process of somewhat restoring my 1977. I hope it turns out that nice. Looks great. Did your bed need to be repaired at all? If so what was done there? Just wondering since you said it's all Ford parts.
Believe it or not, the bed was rust free when I bought the truck , it needed some work, but I didnt have to do much. The only problem I had was that the wheel wells were all dented to hell inside the bed. Basically, my truck in its previous life was a parts running truck for a place called Jones Spring Co., and needless to say, they didnt have much finess when they chucked stuff into the bed. All I had to do was bang out all the dents, and since I knew I was going to get the bed rhino-lined, I didnt have to get too crazy (they spray that goop like 3/8") and I knew it would cover up most of what I couldnt pound out. Before getting it sprayed though, I wire-wheeled the whole bed, and sprayed 2 coats of good dupli-color zinc rich primer. The tailgate I used was made from Original Ford tooling (kinda pricey), and it has the stamping marks on it that you wont find on the aftermarket ones. To finish out the bed, I took the old original rusty tailgate hinges/hardware and got them zinc plated (closest finish I thought that looked "factory"), and put em back on. I really didnt have to buy much for the bed, just salvaged what I could. I have some pics:

The dents:

After Rhino-Line:

The Hardware:

Old 11-24-2009, 10:47 PM
F250_Pat
New User
Hey guys, sorry I havent been on here in a couple days. I just want to say thanks a lot for all the comments and input, FTE is awesome, I wish I knew about it when I first started fixing my truck!

Originally Posted by Kalve
nice looking hopefully mine turns out that good. what are you asking for it an were are you located at? I'll ask around an see if anybody is interested in it.
Hey thanks buddy, good luck with your project, and hey any help is appreciated! Im located here in Columbus, OH and Im asking $11,000.

Originally Posted by Pickupmanx2
DITTO X2 for that. get rid of ANYTHING else you can, speaking from experience, KEEP IT, hell deliver pizza's in it, but keep it.
I know guys, I know...you are most definitely right. I always told myself I would NEVER sell my truck, I wanted to be that crazy guy at car shows years down the road who still had his first car, haha. I have sooo many good memories with my truck, and hell she even won Senior favorites "best car" at my high school (one of the happiest days of my life when I found out I won). I literally dwelled over it for 4 months before I convinced myself to even make a "for sale" posting recently on the local Craigslist. It really pains me to sell, thinking about all the time and money I put into her...I actually dont have a car payment, but truth is I have a lot of bills coming my way. I really just need to get my financial priorities straight. When I got laid off in September it made me realize how quickly things can change, and how I need to be smart and save for the future (ie. a down payment on a house.) Im only 19 years old, but right now it really is excessive and impractical for me to own two vehicles. To be honest, the 78' no longer fits the bill for me as a daily driver, it was fine when I was in school, but now I mean the truck itself is impractical for my needs. A lot of times I have to drive over 500 miles a week for my job, and lets be real, if Im going to get rear-ended by someone without insurance, Id rather be in my Ranger than a vehicle I have invested hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars into...I will always get my money back on the Ranger, but NEVER will I get back what I have in my 78', so Im at a loss either way...I just cant take care of the truck like I used to, it kills me to see it just sit out front in the driveway, I have nowhere to store it inside, I feel like Im neglecting my kid or something! She needs to go to someone who can finish her out (I have all kinds of NOS restoration parts sitting in my basement that need to be put on the truck not to mention the paint needs some work) and enjoy driving and showing it off as much as I did...it's just time to part ways

Old 11-25-2009, 06:05 AM
alex211
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The truck doesn't cost you any money will sitting in your driveway. KEEP IT

Old 12-03-2009, 01:52 PM
F250_Pat
New User
Originally Posted by alex-speedpoint
Very nice truck, awesome. What lift size you installed ?

Alex
No lift installed, just the suspension from a 76' Highboy.

Originally Posted by yeahbuddy24
sweet ride man. I like the wood grain glove box door!! where did you get it at? i think one would look great in my 75 F250. Keep up the good work
Sorry I forgot to reply to you buddy. If you're still interested in the glove box door, I'm pretty sure you can find them in most restoration catalogs like LMC and such, but I got mine from MAC's Antique Auto Parts, give em a call at 1-800-777-0948 or visit the website at www.macsautoparts.com, they have a lot of good restoration stuff.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:04 PM
F250_Pat
New User
Hey guys on a side note, I have a quick question. As you know I'm looking to sell my truck. Unfortunately I'm a newb, and to post in the classifieds here in the FTE forum I guess you have to have a minimum of 25 posts before you're allowed to make a "For Sale" post. I was wondering, is it possible to get permission or something from like a moderator, or maybe even like the creator of FTE, to lift the restriction for me so I can post in the classifieds? If you guys know somebody I can email or message that would be awesome. I mean dont get me wrong, I joined so I could show off my truck haha but ultimately I joined so I could post her up for sale! Any help is appreciated guys...

Old 12-14-2015, 05:10 PM
Angelo Zani
New User
Originally Posted by F250_Pat
Believe it or not, the bed was rust free when I bought the truck , it needed some work, but I didnt have to do much. The only problem I had was that the wheel wells were all dented to hell inside the bed. Basically, my truck in its previous life was a parts running truck for a place called Jones Spring Co., and needless to say, they didnt have much finess when they chucked stuff into the bed. All I had to do was bang out all the dents, and since I knew I was going to get the bed rhino-lined, I didnt have to get too crazy (they spray that goop like 3/8") and I knew it would cover up most of what I couldnt pound out. Before getting it sprayed though, I wire-wheeled the whole bed, and sprayed 2 coats of good dupli-color zinc rich primer. The tailgate I used was made from Original Ford tooling (kinda pricey), and it has the stamping marks on it that you wont find on the aftermarket ones. To finish out the bed, I took the old original rusty tailgate hinges/hardware and got them zinc plated (closest finish I thought that looked "factory"), and put em back on. I really didnt have to buy much for the bed, just salvaged what I could. I have some pics:

The dents:

After Rhino-Line:

The Hardware:

nice truck I have the 77 ranger xlt with high performance 390

Old 12-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Angelo Zani
New User
F250 XLT RANGER 4 inch lift 35 inch tires 410 rear 4 speed manual high performance 390 Fe

Last edited by Angelo Zani; 12-14-2015 at 05:13 PM. Reason: add

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Member! Here's my 1978 F250 Custom 4x4