Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

At a loss still with this darn rumble

Old 11-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Diesel_Brad
Post Fiend
Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
Does it only do it at certain speeds? Or only in 2nd gear. If you hold it down in 1st and get to the same speed it does it in 2nd, see if it still rumbles. If it does then i would say it is driveline related. But w your description it sounds like like there is something wrong in yours trans. Possibly a clutch pack,sprag gear or something related to only 2nd gear

Old 11-22-2009, 08:57 AM
FordF350Baby
Posting Guru
FordF350Baby is starting off with a positive reputation.
I will get that looked at it this week, I got to see this fixed. Thanks!

Brad: Well, I think your onto something too. Because when floor the truck and get to 35mph in first gear, that rumble is hardly noticeable, but as soon as the 2nd gear comes along, then its very prevalent, especially if i just hover in that 25mph-30mph range. What would have caused this??

Old 11-22-2009, 09:15 AM
quicklook2
Post Fiend
quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.
like the rolling stones said, "you don't always get what you want.", eh buddy.

just because i have a 'short answer/solution' does not mean it is wrong.

like i said, "i have no rumble in my truck" so i guess i know what i am doing.

do you?

read your first post and my first answer.

it all started with lift, you say you tried everything else, i said remove lift.

don't hate me because i am telling you what you should do.

this is my last post to you on this subject.

peace out, eh buddy.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:44 PM
FordF350Baby
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by quicklook2 View Post
like the rolling stones said, "you don't always get what you want.", eh buddy.

just because i have a 'short answer/solution' does not mean it is wrong.

like i said, "i have no rumble in my truck" so i guess i know what i am doing.

do you?

read your first post and my first answer.

it all started with lift, you say you tried everything else, i said remove lift.

don't hate me because i am telling you what you should do.

this is my last post to you on this subject.

peace out, eh buddy.
right...so you strike me as a person who gives up much to easily. If you had read some of my earlier threads, I mentioned that the rumble was still prevalent even when I had the rear lift out, and the stock tires back on...HENCE, the problem must not remain within the lift itself. The lift is so small compared to the truck, that I dont think it really has anything to do with it, however, I think within the process of installing the lift with various kits, I believe that is when the problem arose. It takes time, and trial and error to figure these things out. To remove a complicated lift without knowing for sure that would solve the problem would be a devastating step backwards. It would be more wise to try and diagnose the problem in the vehicles current state, then trying to remove a lift. Geez, did i really need to re-explain myself to someone who doesnt even care.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:22 PM
jr32560
Post Fiend
jr32560 has much to be proud ofjr32560 has much to be proud ofjr32560 has much to be proud ofjr32560 has much to be proud ofjr32560 has much to be proud ofjr32560 has much to be proud ofjr32560 has much to be proud ofjr32560 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FordF350Baby View Post
right...so you strike me as a person who gives up much to easily. If you had read some of my earlier threads, I mentioned that the rumble was still prevalent even when I had the rear lift out, and the stock tires back on...HENCE, the problem must not remain within the lift itself. The lift is so small compared to the truck, that I dont think it really has anything to do with it, however, I think within the process of installing the lift with various kits, I believe that is when the problem arose. It takes time, and trial and error to figure these things out. To remove a complicated lift without knowing for sure that would solve the problem would be a devastating step backwards. It would be more wise to try and diagnose the problem in the vehicles current state, then trying to remove a lift. Geez, did i really need to re-explain myself to someone who doesnt even care.
I'm pretty sure you just wasted your time typing this good luck with your problem hope you get it figured out -and soon ~

Old 11-22-2009, 09:20 PM
FordF350Baby
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jr32560 View Post
I'm pretty sure you just wasted your time typing this good luck with your problem hope you get it figured out -and soon ~
Thanks jr. I am going to the driveline shop tomorrow in hope of some answers, I will keep u all posted.