N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Not shaping up to be a good week....

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 06:43 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not shaping up to be a good week....

Yesterday (Mon), I was in a rush to get my 13YO to school, sorta did a "bump stop" at a stopsign, and a few minutes later the red lights were flashing...first ticket in over 25 years (in fact first time I've been pulled over in 25 years), little **** head woiuldn't even let me off with a warning.

I mean, heck, I'm one of them old men that pisses you off on the freeway/etc...ya know, the type who drives the speed limit, doesn't care if you want to drive 90mph behind me?

Anyways, today, just got done putting on wipers on my Honda, never seen this style before, came off easy enough...took me 25 minutes to get the other ones on.....

Oh well...wonder what's in store for tomorrow?

Old 11-11-2009, 10:23 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
And I was thinking about calling you for some help yesterday. Good thing I didn't, would have made a crappy day even worse for you...!

I was in Turlock with my F250 and a two-car trailer loading VWs. The Bug went on pretty well depite have two flat front tires, but when I got to the Bus, all four tires were not only flat but rotten and off the bead, the rear mount off the motor was gone and it was in the dirt with the shift linkage over-extended so it was jammed in gear with a seized motor, and the brakes were rusted to the drums on all four wheels so being stuck in gear didn't really matter that much anyway.

I hooked a 10K winch to it and only succeeded in dragging the truck and trailer backwards, had to disconnect and use the guy's Explorer to drag the bus out of its hole, and even that was a fight. Took a little bit longer than I had planned to get loaded up and on the road, and I really needed to be back home by 5:30 as I had a gig last night...I didn't make it.

Then, to add to the fun, I called a buddy in Lodi who I lent two of the wheels/tires from the Rover to so he could haul the Carcass of his old Rover to the wrecking yard (he'd already sold his wheels and tires.) I told him I need two of them back as they're half of a matched set and I need to get them back on the Rover as the 33s on there now are only for off-road trips. Seems he didn't get them back from the wrecking yard, they went ahead and crushed it with my wheels and tires still on it. Just great...

Old 11-11-2009, 08:08 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
I wished you would have called, heck, I could have been there in 20 minutes....

But, my fun continued today....

We had a stove delived to our house in Fremont, supposed to be a 30 inch droping stove, and lo and behold, the cut out for the one in there was 29.5 inches, and the "installers" refused to put it in...so now I have renters pissed off at me that they can't cook tonight!.

Hmmmnnn...what's up for tomorrow?

On the bright side of things, an old friend came by today in a '68 Ford PU and his headlights didn't work, so got to nosing around and found that the dimmerswitch came apart...so went out to Thumpers cab, and pulled the dimmer switch and off he went with high and low beams...so maybe things are shaping up?

Old 11-11-2009, 08:11 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
P.S. Dan, I was able to change those RA/TA bushings with the portapower...good thing his shocks ...but were already shot as thy were "bending a bit while pushing the Ibeam's over...but taking off the bottom olts of the shocks wouldn't have beena big dealif need be.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:18 PM
kendall69
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ya me too

How about this one.

I did a rolling stop then saw a cop on my left side coming up to the four way stop obviously watching me so I slammed on the braked half way through the stop sign , you know to be legal, but then I backed up like a moron hoping for a mulligan on the stop, but instead I backed into the guy behind me.

After the cop got done wetting his pants from laughing so hard he just had us exchange insurance info. Typical of the guy behind me, not even a mark on his bumper but he hit my insurance for $1000.00.

That was last rolling stop ever

Old 11-19-2009, 12:48 AM
joe f350
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it was a good week or me i just pick up my new rugger 10 22 lol cant wait to fire it