New Mexico Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Why are people so mean??!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 03:32 PM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Why are people so mean??!!

Thursday evening I called one of the Walmarts in town to see if they had any .45ACP ammo. They had 5 boxes so I asked the sporting goods guy I know to hold me a couple boxes. I'd be there in a half hour. I got there and some big Cuban dude was making all kinds of noise because his credit card wasn't working. He was on his cell so I mentioned to the clerk I was there to pick up my 2 boxes of .45 ammo. The clerk put them on the counter for me but I had to wait. Turns out the Cuban guy was trying to buy the other 3 boxes and he got really pissed when he realized the clerk held 2 boxes for me. He got his card to work and walked away with his ammo saying under his breath that the 2 boxes I got should have been his. I put my hand around my back close to the butt of my .45 under my shirt (CCW permit) and said under my breath that I had 9 rounds if he wanted them. He got the deer in the headlights look. I don't think he knew what I meant.

Then Friday I go to Diamond Shamrock in RR on Southern to fill up the pickup and 5 fuel cans for my Mojave Rd trip coming up on 10/30. I filled 2 cans with diesel and 3 with gas for the Bronco. An elderly woman drives up to the other side of the pump in her Civic Hybrid. I was pouring my 2cy oil additive into the diesel cans when her curiosity got the best of her. She asked what I was pouring into the cans. I said I was adding what the EPA took out of diesel when they went to ULSD. My truck was designed to run on LSD so I'm putting lubricant back into the fuel to protect my fuel system and injectors. Her car filled up in about 2 minutes. She told me I was killing the planet and I told her to look into algore's wasteful energy use. She drove off with a very mean look on her face, in a totally quiet car. If looks could kill. Drive what you want and MYOB I say.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:02 PM
RoadJunkie
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow...you planet killer, you! What is she doing driving at all if she so concerned? We do what we gotta do.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:54 PM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by RoadJunkie
Wow...you planet killer, you! What is she doing driving at all if she so concerned? We do what we gotta do.
Yeah she probably lives in a huge house and leaves the heat or AC cranked up all day.

Not that I was really all that offended. I just thought some of you would be interested.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:27 AM
desertt5
Senior User
The lady sounds like my grandma. She would give you her opinion for free on anything. Sweet as all get out though.

I found it humorous that you saw a Cuban dude in Wally World around here.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:47 AM
F0rdFre@K
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by powrstrkr
I put my hand around my back close to the butt of my .45 under my shirt (CCW permit) and said under my breath that I had 9 rounds if he wanted them. He got the deer in the headlights look. I don't think he knew what I meant.
I'm sorry Chris but, you attract the *** hats with comments like this. Hell, you even threatened to shoot me one time. Sure do hope you were joking. Sure do hope it'll be the last time you threaten my life like that as well. Otherwise, I just don't think we can still be friends.

Just because you own a gun, just because you have a CCW, doesn't mean it's your way or the highway. Get off your high horse.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:45 PM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
I've been on vacation since 10/30. What are you talking about Eddie?? News to me!! When and where did this happen??

Old 11-10-2009, 09:05 AM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
So we were both kidding around 6 months ago. Problem solved Eddie.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:56 PM
KRDiesel
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok glad that worked out.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:40 AM
F0rdFre@K
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by KRDiesel
ok glad that worked out.
Yeah... It's all good. Y'all missed the conversation since Chris and I work together. Was done over IM. But, agreed to take it the way I originally did, as a joke. So, nothing more to discuss. Time to... .