Found Dads old truck! Hows this for documentation on my 78 Lariat 4x4? - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Reload this Page >

Found Dads old truck! Hows this for documentation on my 78 Lariat 4x4?

Notices
1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Found Dads old truck! Hows this for documentation on my 78 Lariat 4x4?

Old 11-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Kalve
Posting Guru
Kalve is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sweet looking truck & nice story for the family for years to come & something to add to the history of the ol truck. Keep up the good work an keep us posted. An what did your Dad say or do when he found out you found his ol truck an you bought it?

Old 01-31-2010, 01:06 PM
redsuperduty
Senior User
redsuperduty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Made more progress on Dads old truck last week. Finally had time to finish the body work on the bed and paint it! She's lookin very good, just gotta get all the trim polished and on the bed now. Can't wait for spring so I can start drivin it! See pics of what I've don to her at 1978 ford 4x4 restoration pictures by tlrs819 - Photobucket

Old 09-28-2010, 09:02 AM
LARIAT 85
Postmaster
LARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to behold
That was a very fun story to read. Nice job on the restoration! Congratulations on bringing dad's old truck back home where it BELONGS!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:39 AM
grandpa'sprideandjoy
Elder User
grandpa'sprideandjoy is starting off with a positive reputation.
that is a gorgeous truck I glad you were able to track down your dad's truck I am working on my grandpa's truck it is a 1978 F250 ranger with the 400 in it and C6 auto. he bought it new in '78 like your dad did but lucky enough it stayed in the family he told everyone that it was his last new truck and it was he passed away in 2003 and my uncle drove it for a while just about destoying it but it still runs good he gave it to me last summer I now have it ready for the road again I will get it repainted as soon as I can afford to do so sorry for the rambling but stories like yours are great and I had to share mine with you

Old 09-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Kalve
Posting Guru
Yea it staying in the family is great. The truck my grandpa had was sold in 2000 he died in 99. I had a 98 Civic back then. An fast forward 10 years I went an bought a 74 same year his was a F100 reg. long bed mine is a F250 Crew short. If he was still here he would be laughing his tail off the building got cleaned out an this old truck is getting a remake. Just wish he was still around it would have been cool to have the same year truck an 50 years apart in age. That is kind of why I am throwing everything I got behind this truck. Congrats on it an keep it in the family an pass it on down.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:29 AM
redsuperduty
Senior User
Been drivin her all summer. Dad took it to a cruise in a few weeks ago and couldn't wipe the smile off his face! Sure is good to have it back.

Here is me with the truck in 1978

Here is the truck now...

Old 09-28-2010, 10:52 AM
MAULMAUL
Elder User
MAULMAUL is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I can't tell you great this post makes me feel. I am just about ready to send my Father's 77' F100 off to paint. What started out as a "I just want to get her running dear" has exploded into several thousands of dollars of getting it just right. The truck's body was in great shape, but interior, exhaust, rubber for the doors and windows, gas tank, wheels and tires, blah, blah, blah sure adds up quickly. I'm really glad your Dad is able to enjoy it. I wish my Dad could be here to take just one ride in his when it gets finished in a few weeks. Anyway, nice post and keep us updated.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Kalve
Posting Guru
It looks real good it almost don't look like the same truck in the 2 pictures. Keep up the good work an keep us posted on it.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:13 AM
76f350spercamprspeal
Post Fiend
76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future
Nice Story, We know your a youngster.
My dad was married in '75...
He wishes he could have had enough money back then to buy a Dent Side.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:41 AM
court1100f
Elder User
court1100f is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.court1100f is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I for one definitely want to see some pictures of you and Your Dad now with the truck and if you do find the picture of you two back then that'd be completely awsome Congrats on finding that truck!!!!!

Old 09-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Tees77f150
Posting Guru
Tees77f150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yeah, those would make great pictures to share, and you should also do an updated picture of you and your truck striking the same pose as you did back in '78. For a second I thought this truck was yours, but I see it is a different truck. This was at the all truck nationals in Carlisle Pa this past August.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Tees77f150
Posting Guru
Tees77f150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal View Post
Nice Story, We know your a youngster.
My dad was married in '75...
He wishes he could have had enough money back then to buy a Dent Side.
I know what you mean, I worked at Bill Forbes Ford in Carlisle Pa back then, and wished I made enough to have a dentside. I drove many a dentside back then, and some were REAL nice trucks. I often wonder if any of them are still around, and have survived after all of these years.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:29 PM
redsuperduty
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tees77f150 View Post
Yeah, those would make great pictures to share, and you should also do an updated picture of you and your truck striking the same pose as you did back in '78. For a second I thought this truck was yours, but I see it is a different truck. This was at the all truck nationals in Carlisle Pa this past August.

I am going to do the updated pic with the same pose. I'll call it ''Same truck, same *******, 32 years later'' Lol. I'm also going to get a pic of my Dad with it, I'll post them in this thread if you want. I seen the pic of that truck at carlisle on here before too, looks a lot like mine except it's an xlt not a lariat and has a black grill. It's the only other shorty 4x4 I've seen with the same color combo & trim.
Thanks for all the comments everybody!

Old 10-03-2010, 09:19 AM
redsuperduty
Senior User
Found a couple more old pics of the truck, not the greatest pics but still cool to have. Also took one of me with the truck yesterday and tried to get the same angle and pose as the one of me with it in 1978.

Early 80's pic, my Dad is the one in the red shirt talking to 4 of my uncles. The guy all the way to the right is my uncle that bought the truck from Dad in 82.

Here is a pic from 78 or 79, Dad had the cap off of it and the factory aluminum wheels back on it. The next pic is how I found it last year., still had the wheels, bed rails, etc..

Here is the pic of me again in 1978 with the truck followed by a pic of me with it yesterday. Same truck, same guy, 32 years later.....

Old 10-03-2010, 10:27 AM
court1100f
Elder User
court1100f is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.court1100f is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Right on Bro!!! That is absolutely BAD ASx!!!!! you were able to get it back after all these years.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Found Dads old truck! Hows this for documentation on my 78 Lariat 4x4?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.