Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

What's goin on in TX tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 05:53 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok...Where's everybody at? Some major Ford beer bash going on somewhere I don't know about?

Thanx!
Connie (only Ford luvr in the family!)

'79 f100 "Silver Ghost" (my baby)
'83 f100 "The Ford" (my first)
'85 f150 "Old Blue" (my next project)

Old 11-06-2002, 09:05 AM
SHartman
Senior User

>Ok...Where's everybody at? Some major Ford beer bash going
>on somewhere I don't know about?
>
>

Took my family to Red Lobster to celebrate my son's 21st BDay then went home to watch Dan Rather's election results. He wasn't near as entertaining as he was in the 2000 presidential election though.

Old 11-06-2002, 10:30 AM
SHartman
Senior User

In re Dan Rather and his euphimisms:

http://www.ratherbiased.com/election.htm

Old 11-06-2002, 05:05 PM
13MWZ
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beer bash? Nope. Just trying to figure out that Kazaa thing you told me about

Old 11-06-2002, 05:52 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

When I tried to email you back, it wouldn't go through. I replied to your message and it tried to send it to some other address so I had to copy and paste that yahoo address. Any luck finding that song? If you have any questions on how to use it, just holler and I'll tell you what I know.

Thanx!

Old 11-06-2002, 09:28 PM
13MWZ
Elder User

No luck yet I called up another radio channel today and the guy had no clue what I was talkin bout. Oh well, the search continues.

My email is acting screwy. I started up a "club" for local Ford diesel owners (Central Texas Ford Diesels) and had a internet page from Yahoo/Geocities that one of the members made. Anyway, the email (bryan@centraltexasforddiesels.com) was obviously part of that site. Well, the whole thing disapeared the other day and took my email with it I've been emailing Yahoo and Geocities about it but they wont write me back So untill they decide to fix it I got another email, it's frddeezl(No Email Addresses In Posts!)

Old 11-07-2002, 08:24 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

My homepage is on geocities and I haven't touched it for like 2 years. It's so out of date it still has info on one of my ex's....OOPS! I know it's still there cuz I had to go in and get my background pics off there and put them on my home computer. I'm still trying to find an avatar image I want and can get to work. I'm going to put my truck pics up there when I get the time. I'm going to go work on my truck tomorrow but I think I'll probably get it fixed Saturday. Let me know when you find or get a new site and I'll put a link on mine for you!

Thanx!

Old 11-08-2002, 06:06 PM
13MWZ
Elder User

There's a web page in my profile that's for my truck, you can use that one if ya like.

So what's wrong with your truck? Well, what ever it is, hope ya get her goin alright. I'll be huntin all weekend:P

Old 11-09-2002, 01:50 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

Oh a whole lot more than I was expecting let me tell ya. I went over there to bolt the front bumper down cuz the only jack I have for it is a bumper jack right now. The PO put the top two bolts in and didn't even give me the bottom two bolts for it. I had 2 though so I went to put them on yesterday. I called my dad (cuz it's at his house and I've got his car) to see about using his tools and he told me about my starter problems. I get there, check it out, decide it needs a new starter cuz it's acting like the bendex (sp) is going out or like the teeth are bad or something. I crawl under there, make sure it's tight first off, which it was, and then go to town to get the new starter. I bought it and the wire becuz the wire was bare in places, and went to put them on and just about wanted to shoot my dad and the truck. He told me the starter was loose when he checked it and that he tightened it and he nearly rounded off the bottom bolt. I had to get a pair of vice grips and lock them on there and hit them with my pliers to break that bottom bolt free. He was lucky he was at work or I'd'a got him to break that free since he's the one that done it. I got that old one off finally and looked at the flywheel teeth and it's the weirdest thing the way they had been lining up. It's really hard to explain when you can't see my hands but the flywheel teeth were a little shiny on half of each tooth, that I could see. No burs or bad damage really on that so I put the new starter on, the new wire on, reconnect my batt and I'm all hyped up thinkin', heck ya, I get to show my old hometown my new truck cuz half the people I graduated with are still driving their hs crap and they never figured I'd ever get out of that ratty lookin' truck I had. Last night was the last regular season game and my best friends 6th grade brother was on the field with the band and so we all were going to go and I wanted to take my truck...uh uh. Didn't happen. I looked at that old starter when I put it in the box and each tooth was ½ gone and it spun freely either direction. I started it up, and there was some kind of metallic sound when the starter was disengaging. Got suspicious so I did it again and the same thing. Well, it's an 8 min drive to town from my house and I've got to get the core back before 6 so I start to leave and when I put it in reverse it started rattling. It sounded like sheet metal hitting metal. My first thought was that I knew I hadn't messed with the torque converter cover which is two bolts and a piece of sheet metal but I parked it, crawled back under there and made sure. It was fine, so I tried it again and that same noise. By this time I was to the street so I put it in drive and it didn't do it. It wasn't continuous anyway. I went back and forth just trying to see what was up and it didn't do it forward until about 20 or 25. Talk about annoying. I'm very paranoid about this truck becuz I wrecked my last one (which I still have and with some junkyard body pieces, radiator and fan, it'll be back up in no time becuz I put too much into that little 300 6 to give up on it) and I just don't want this one getting ruined on me. I'll get over that someday but becuz of that, I park it at home and took the core back to town in the car I'm driving which falling apart around me. (It's an 89 olds cutlass sierra...enough said) It's another 3 hours and 2 showers later before I even catch my dad to tell him what was going on. So right now, I'm in the process of trying to figure out that noise and make sure I'm not gonna destroy something in the engine. I know you're driving a deisel but any clues?

Thanx!

Old 11-09-2002, 08:38 PM
13MWZ
Elder User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 09-Nov-02 AT 09:39 PM (EST)]From what you said, I dont think it's the engine, it sounds more like something with the tranny. Since the only thing you did that has to do with the tranny is remove the inspection cover Id just take it back off and make sure nothin is loose in there. I accidently left a socket in mine once in my ol 82 F-150, made one hell of an ugly noise .

What ever's wrong, I hope ya get her soon. I know how it feels to have a sick truck....it sucks big time! Especially when it's your only transpertation besides a John Deere

Old 11-10-2002, 04:16 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

Well, fortunately for me she's not my only transportation. I can't afford to feed, fix, and buy her so my dad's babysitting while I pay the bank and on the side, she's getting ½ her problems fixed by my dad becuz if he breaks something, he's paying for it. So... maybe by Feb when she's paid off, I'll have it almost fixed out of my dad's pocket. The way that works is he helps me pay, and I do the work. I don't mind. I actually get to learn something that way. I've got this up in the 73-79 forum and they've told me all kinds of stuff to try. First off is going to be get another new starter and check the flywheel to make sure it's not bent or cracked. After that, I have no clue where to go. That tranny's needs work done on it anyway so I may just find a place up here and take it in now while it's not necessary for me to have it and dad will help me pay for it. Then I can look or tell the tranny place to look and make sure all the bolt up stuff is ok too. Couldn't hurt.

And the only John Deere anything I've spent any real time in was a cotton stripper and with A/C and am/fm casette, it wasn't that bad... I always threatened my parents that one day, if they didn't keep a guy from spitting lugie's in my hair on the school bus, that I was going to get up before they did and ride on of my horses into town...I was like, 8 or 9. They didn't think it was funny...I did cuz as soon as I'd threaten that, they'd call the school and get the bus driver in trouble for not doing his job...etc etc etc...

Thanx!

Old 11-17-2002, 10:01 PM
bentkey
Senior User

Connie sometimes the rebuilders don't do a good rebuild. Do you know anyone around there that rebuilds them? I get to watch this man here in Marshall take the starter/alternator off and he rebuilds the starter with me watching so I know it's got new bendix and brushes. He replaces the alternator and does a complete check of the charging system too. My truck or car is always fixed when it leaves his shop.

Old 11-18-2002, 10:50 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

I want to take my truck to your shop then. Well, we've already replaced the new starter again and it's doing the same thing so...Dad's going to get the core back, get MY money refunded to him and see if we can't figure out why it works (when the teeth make connection that is) and the new/rebuilt/whatever ones don't work. Other than that, I'm going to bring the core up here to MY town and get one that is right but only after the truck gets up here.... After all that yelling, I need a cigarette... too bad there's no smoking smiley....

Thanx!

Old 11-23-2002, 05:09 PM
TUCK
Freshman User

everyone is waiting for you.

Old 11-23-2002, 08:41 PM
bentkey
Senior User

I wish your truck was fixed.

Quick Reply: What's goin on in TX tonight?