Hobbies.... - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Hobbies....

Old 11-10-2002, 05:45 PM
Posting Guru

ford4life69 is a name known to allford4life69 is a name known to allford4life69 is a name known to allford4life69 is a name known to allford4life69 is a name known to allford4life69 is a name known to all
Hobbies....

Jen's right, we do need more posts so what are everybody's hobbies?

I like to play pool, crosstitch, embroider, work on my trucks, drive fast!, and get out of going to work as much as possible!

I guess I was kinda balanced between my parents becuz my mother does the whole craft thing like knitting and that kinda stuff and I got into the sewing I do and then my dad is a Chevy fan but I got into Fords... Neither of them play pool. That was a college thing and a bored out of your mind thing. I'm not good but I can definantly hold my own against these dodo's in good old Leveldirt. We didn't have a pool hall in my hometown...Maybe I'll move back and open one up...

Thanx!
Connie (only Ford luvr in the family!)

'79 f100 "Silver Ghost" (my baby)
'83 f100 "The Ford" (my first)
'85 f150 "Old Blue" (my next project)
Old 11-10-2002, 07:30 PM
Junior User

dgb2002 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hobbies....

I like to fish, work on my truck, take it to the car shows and ride my horses.

If we don't have a car show. I will do what ever my wife would like to do which is always ride horses. and sometimes we go fishing she likes to fish to.

grant
49 ford f 1
Old 11-10-2002, 08:09 PM
Elder User

13MWZ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hobbies....

Well where do I start?

Hmmm, I like to hunt, fish, camp, hike, go 4 wheeling, working on my truck (well, any vehicle realy), takin my '66 Mustang to the track, taking a nap on the hammock, watching the sunset (I know it's corny, so sue me ) floating down the river in a cannoe, going for long drives, taking my dad's motorcycle out for a ride, hanging out with my dog, watching 'Pure Country', '8 Seconds', or 'The Cowboy Way', and......um.....listning to country music!!!!
Old 11-10-2002, 08:15 PM
Posting Guru

ford4life69 is a name known to allford4life69 is a name known to allford4life69 is a name known to allford4life69 is a name known to allford4life69 is a name known to allford4life69 is a name known to all
Hobbies....

Now whatever makes you think that's a corny thing to do? I know a place up here where you can go and sit and watch the sunset and there are no houses, powerlines, radio towers, or any of that junk in the way. I don't get to much anymore cuz I work late during the week. I never really thought of that as a hobby, more of a simple pleasure.

What's your favorite all time movie? I own all the ones you listed...

Thanx!

Old 11-10-2002, 08:20 PM
Elder User

Hobbies....

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 10-Nov-02 AT 08:22 PM (EST)]Well as a firefighter, it would almost be illegal for me not to say 'Backdraft' is my all time favorite, so shhhhhhhh, dont tell nobody, but I think my favorite has to be Pure Country. I got em all on VHS and already wore them out. I need replacements

DOH!!!!! I forgot to mention Smokey and the Bandit How on earth could I forget to mention that???? The first one is the best, but the second one has the best car!!!
Old 11-10-2002, 08:39 PM
Posting Guru

Hobbies....

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 10-Nov-02 AT 09:00 PM (EST)]Honestly, I like 8 Seconds better than Pure Country. Pure Country's got a great story but George just didn't get into it enough. I only paid 1.49 for my copy of the Cowboy Way.....

Backdraft is a good movie. I have that one too. For some reason though, I keep thinking of the Frequency whenever I get to thinking about firefighter movies...I have no clue why...

Don't shoot me but I've never seen Smokey and the Bandit all the way through. I never saw any of it until this summer.

For Sci-Fi, I like the Matrix the best. Action, most definantly xXx. The club in that movie is pretty tight.

Still not seein' my avatar? I still can't....

Thanx!

Old 11-10-2002, 10:48 PM
Senior User

88B_RONC is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hobbies....

The only one of those movies that I own is 8 seconds, but while were talking about those kind of movies has anybody seen Urban Cowboy? John Travolta doesn't make that good of a "cowboy" I just thought it was cool because it was filmed in Pasadena and I recognized alot of the scenes especially all the refineries.
As for hobbies I like off-roading, camping, baseball, flying, listening to country music and being an ambassador of the great state of Texas to the frozen tundra of colorado.

oh yeah and how could I forget...my favorite hobby is watching the fightin aggies whoop up on #1 #%*&homa!!
Old 11-10-2002, 11:05 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hobbies....

Movie's?
I just finished editing the Library of them to my computer.

Just in VHS Format I have 253 Pre-recorded Movies.

First, I like the ones I was in.

Silver Streak
Dead Bang
Prime Cut
Cool Runnings
Superman III & IV
Snow Day

Matrix is great

[font color=red]Dennis

FTE Assistant Administrator
[/font]

[link:www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html|Club FTE]

[link: motorhaven.autoanything.com|How YOU Can Support This Site]

http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/canada_flag_animated.gif

[link:www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Mil1ion.html|My Website,"North Of The 49th"]

Old 11-11-2002, 08:07 PM
Posting Guru

Hobbies....

Movies you were in????????

I haven't seen Urban Cowboy but everyone everywhere keeps asking me if I have. I guess I have cowgirl/kicker/redneck written on my forehead or something. I can't imagine John Travolta as a cowboy though. It's just not fitting. Luke Perry did a good job pulling it off though. I was quite surprised and I was still young when that came out.

Another movie that I just discovered that I like a lot is Pearl Harbor. Yes Josh Hartnett is cute but that's not the reason... It has a very good story to it and I'm downloading the soundtrack becuz the music is awesome.

I love country music but I will also love orchestra forever. I played French Horn in HS and college and Trumpet in Jazz in college. Another movie with an awesome soundtrack has got to be Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. I've wanted that soundtrack for years but I haven't ever found it on casette. Anyone that does, grab it, let me know and I'll pay ya back!

Thanx!

Old 11-11-2002, 08:58 PM
Elder User

Hobbies....

I dont got the sound track, but I do got that song the Bryan Adams and Rod Stewart did together for that movie on tape somewhere. I think it was on one of Bryan Adams' tapes.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:17 PM
Posting Guru

Hobbies....

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 11-Nov-02 AT 09:49 PM (EST)]I have that song on my computer. I'm more interested in the instrumental stuff from the soundtrack. Have you ever seen the movie? The opener is one of my favorite tracks becuz of the way the horns sound. Band kid till I die I guess even though I can't play anymore becuz I don't have a group to play in.

Thanx!

Old 11-13-2002, 07:30 PM
Posting Guru

Hobbies....

Hey! Check it out. I got my little picture fixed thanx to Dennis. Took me like three days and tons of questions. Boy do I feel dumb... And I was supposed to be a computer science programming major....HA!

Thanx!

Old 11-14-2002, 06:46 PM
Elder User

Hobbies....

Too cool! Too bad that red car aint a silver truck!! That's purdy neat though!
Old 11-14-2002, 07:54 PM
Posting Guru

Hobbies....

Hey thanx! I got it off of http://www.badassbuddy.com. Their newest one I saw was street racer. There's a monster truck and a bunch of stuff but there's not a category just for cars or whatever. You have to dig through them to find them and there are some explicit ones but I just liked that one better. Yeah, too bad it isn't a silver ford passing a broken chevy....LOL. I downloaded a song called rusty chevrolet...it's hilarious. I'm gonna give it to my dad for Christmas. He'll love that.....

Thanx!

Old 11-15-2002, 02:45 PM
Freshman User

Crabbland is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hobbies....

Connie,

I was up in your neck of the woods(or lack thereof)this past weekend. My wife and I went up to Lubbock to see Tech beat up on poor ol' Okie State. Then she says to me "What's Levelland like?" I must say I didn't know how to answer. I figured the name said enough. So on out west we drove. Had a quick little tour, nothing major, drove around downtown and the square. Kinda enjoyed it. Any excuse to drive.