General Automotive Discussion

ATTENTION ALL FINALISTS! 2009 FTE Online Championship Finals "PIT AREA"

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ATTENTION ALL FINALISTS! 2009 FTE Online Championship Finals "PIT AREA"

I suddenly realised that if I'm going to do this right, I need to start as soon as possible - and what I mean by that is putting together the poll for the "FINALS" with the pictures that will be needed in the first post of that poll thread. -I'm going to use my own truck as an example of what the final look of all of your pictures are going to be like so that you can see WHY I want those pictures, and how they are going to be displayed -

We will also test them out here, so that you can approve, or disapprove how they look. I want them as perfect as they can be for ALL OF YOU!

YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING BUT POSTING THE PIC's and the info that will go under them, OTAY? I'll do the rest. IT'S MY JOB...

What I NEED IS: (1024 x 768 pixel) images of a 3/4 on view, and a picture each of the engine, interior, and bed or cargo area PLUS whatever you want to say about your very wonderful ride....

IE: WHATEVER YOU THINK IS IMPORTANT ABOUT IT!

~Yep, this is going to be a graphics heavy thread. Spectator comments are welcome, but please no spectator pictures! I think this is going to load slow enough...

This is what your pic's will look like when I put them together with the info:
(Except that in this case, I'm using pic's of my own truck. I'll laugh about this later - it's a 'BEFORE' picture series )

I can see right now that I have to tone down the lettering size, but that's okay - and exactly why I wanted to jump into this NOW, even before round ten is over. I have to find out what is going to work kinda quickly at this point, so that I can put it all together on time. If I do that - there will also be tons of room for detailed info...

THIS THREAD (this one right here) is so that we can work out the look of the finals poll, and contact everyone that is in it so that I can get whatever pictures can be got in order to put them all together in time for the "GRAND EVENT"

You WILL SEE what the competition is running here - but if you wait, it will be too late. Do your best, and do it RIGHT NOW!

I guarantee everyone this:

THIS IS GOING TO BE A WORK OF ART!

So start posting - the clock is running....

~ Wolfie

* I honestly luv my truck - it's the only one around here with an "OBX" decal...

Old 11-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
NOTE: I have sent PM's to all except the others in round ten.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:41 PM
B/B ford
Clean & Classy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
subscribing to this thread Greywolf, I'll have my pics up by tomorrow.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:56 PM
ranger429
Logistics Pro
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Ok here goes. I have to use pictures I currently have on file because both of the trucks are put up for the winter.

No bed shots so this is the closest I got Dutch.

79 F-250 Ranger XLT, 70 429 Thunderjet, D0VE heads, C-6 with a 205 case. Tilt wheel, C/C, NOS door panels. Dana 60's front and rear with 4.10 gears. 36" Dick Cepek Fun Country tires. Factoryt push bar. Frame off restoration finished in 2005. Average mileage around 500 a year. 4 1/2 -5 MPG with the A/C on.

79 Bronco

No bed shots for the Bronco either so here is a before picture of it.

79 Bronco Ranger XLT, built 400, C-6 with a 205 case. Trailer Special with Tilt, C/C, A/C, high back buckets, GT bar, push bar, factory CB system with correct antenna, NOS door panels with map pockets. Originally from Ca I have completely gone thru this Bronco. 35" Dick Cepek Fun country II tires with Dick Cepek rims. Average mileage around 4,000 per year, 8-9 MPG

Old 11-06-2009, 05:45 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
"Big Blue"

2001 Ford Excursion XLT 4X4 – 67,000 Miles – DOB 12/03/00 – ISD 05/11/01
6.8L SOHC EFI V10 Triton Gas
Four Speed Automatic Overdrive (4R100)
3.73 Limited Slip Axle
Deep Wedgewood Blue Clearcoat Metallic
4 Door 137” WB
Four Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)
Dual Medium Graphite Leather Captains Chairs (Driver Power Six Way)
Middle and Third Row Medium Graphite Bench Seats

MODS
K&N Performance Intake Kit
Pro.Fit Dash Cell Mount
Falken Ziex S/TZ LT285/75R16D
Hellwig 1 ¼" Rear Sway Bar
Mile Marker Manual Hubs MMK-449SS w/ Center Cap Mod
KYB OE Steering Stabilizer
KYB OE Shocks
SCT LiveWire 9600
F650 Lower Dash Panel
RoadMaster Active Rear Suspension
Uniden Grant XL SSB/CB - Custom Powder Coat and Face Plate Overlay
Custom Electrical Control Console
Custom Mounted Hella Rear Backup Lights
Rear Mounted Backup Camera with 7" LCD Visor Mounted Display
Custom Cowl Mounted FireStick CB Antenna[/LEFT]

Old 11-07-2009, 12:45 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow ... being away for so long, I've missed out on some pretty nice trucks.

The finals are going to be a beeeeotch!!

That white 55 panel, with the Flag graphics...in the other post..... that belong to an FTE member? I fell so in heat with that puppy, I about cried that I no longer have mine. Sigh. If I could have only waited a while longer before finally letting her go. Flippin' money issues... always money issues. Story of my life. Anyway.......

You guys who've got the trucks, like what's pictured above... congrats and I hope ya know how fortunate ya are, to be able to afford to cherry those rides out, so FINELY!!!

Good luck to everyone and thanks Wolfie. Another job well done!!

Old 11-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by B/B ford
subscribing to this thread Greywolf, I'll have my pics up by tomorrow.
~No big rush, it takes a while to do each one. I just want to get ahead of it before it becomes a landslide...

Originally Posted by ranger429
Ok here goes. I have to use pictures I currently have on file because both of the trucks are put up for the winter.
I can work with that - we'll see how I do.

Originally Posted by sddesigns
[center]

I should have these three ready to review later tonight.

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about my old F100 getting 11 MPG...

Originally Posted by Fordlover55
That white 55 panel, with the Flag graphics...in the other post..... that belong to an FTE member? I fell so in heat with that puppy, I about cried that I no longer have mine. Sigh. If I could have only waited a while longer before finally letting her go. Flippin' money issues... always money issues. Story of my life.
Steve Bricks would know about that one I think - it was at an F100 meet in Ramona California.

Has anyone heard anything from Steve lately? Seems to have dropped out of sight for some reason

Old 11-07-2009, 04:58 PM
B/B ford
Clean & Classy

That panel belongs to Dan Cangro of Pickups Limited, He is also the DJ. at the Western Nationals. It has a 460 in it and is a very sharp truck.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:00 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Greywolf
Suddenly I don't feel so bad about my old F100 getting 11 MPG...

Steve Bricks would know about that one I think - it was at an F100 meet in Ramona California.

Has anyone heard anything from Steve lately? Seems to have dropped out of sight for some reason
It's only money , I drive .4 miles to work round trip, and I saw SteveBricks on the SoCal forum this morning.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:29 PM
B/B ford
Clean & Classy

The running gear is a 460/C6, 9" W/3.0 L.S. 4 bar w/coilovers in rear, and MII from T.C.I.

It has all electronic guages and speedo. Leather interior, A/C, P/W, P/S, P/B,
Lots of Trophies, I am most proud of the two top 15, and one Best paint Awards that my truck has received at the Western Nationals

Mods: Too many to mention here but they were intended to give the truck a "Classy" but also "Fast" look.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
See - Steve's truck (sddesigns) has the kind of paint that threw me off while putting the round ten poll together, and I bet it drives cops nutz too! From the back you can tell it's some kind of a real dark blue, but in the 3/4 view picture it looks black...

I'm probably not going to have these posted up tonight, I want to take some time on them all and see what I can do. Each of these goes through about ten or twelve stages to set up before they even get uploaded to the FTE server - but the good news is that once the graphical magic is all done, it's a lot simpler to post it all up!

~ or at least I think so...

There's also one more trick I want to try just for the helluvvit...

Old 11-07-2009, 06:51 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

See - Steve's truck (sddesigns) has the kind of paint that threw me off while putting the round ten poll together, and I bet it drives cops nutz too! From the back you can tell it's some kind of a real dark blue, but in the 3/4 view picture it looks black...

I'm probably not going to have these posted up tonight, I want to take some time on them all and see what I can do. Each of these goes through about ten or twelve stages to set up before they even get uploaded to the FTE server - but the good news is that once the graphical magic is all done, it's a lot simpler to post it all up!

~ or at least I think so...

There's also one more trick I want to try just for the helluvvit...

Yes, good eye, your right in direct sun it's purple, in the shade dark almost black, with a little light it's dark blue.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
megawatt00's truck about drove me kazonga-nutz with the idea that it might be one of those!

I guess the "TRICK" I was looking for isn't going to happen - I had a copy of the classic "POOL MENU" applet uploaded to clubfte.com a long time ago, but I can't figure out how to make it cross-domain functional...

What I was hoping to do you can see on the upper left at

Greywolf's old page at FTE

(which is the old fte website)

I played around with a lot of java applet based image effects once upon a time. The "LAKE" applet was a phenominal one too, but it ain't happening here without special permission.

The pool menu effect made a mouse moving over an image create ripples like a stick dragged through a pool of water.

My GOD, that would have been so awesome....

PS: That paint is the most expensive per pint that I have ever seen

PLEASE NOTE (everybody)
The bigger your 3/4 view image is - the better
I can't guarantee a small picture will scale up to 1024 x 768 at all well
I'm about to test that...

Okay - this is a 510 or so image from the older FTE "GALLERIES" (which were scaled down to save server through-put) taken up to double size. IT JUST DOESN'T DO JUSTICE to that truck, does it?

The edges are blurred, it can't be massaged to sharpen it up - I really don't feel right using that as the 3/4 image. But I know there were better pictures of this ride....

AT LEAST FOR THE BIG PICTURE ( the one at top center) there should be a good clean large picture. I can scale pictures down with no problems - but scaling them up from lesser definition images just can't be done well. I NEED THOSE BIG IMAGES, if they can be posted....

Do you see what I'm talking about? And why we are doing this RIGHT NOW, before the last round?

That truck right there is beautiful - and deserves a much more high-definition picture of it....

God damn! A tear dropped from my right eye when I saw those retro CRAGAR-style chromed mags...

Old 11-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I ask your opinions on that - maybe it works.

But I just want it to be better

Is it GOOD ENOUGH???

I can only see it on my own computer, how does it look on yours?

And what do you think about it...

(This goes for all pictures, this is just an example of a scaled up one viewed on a 1024 monitor)

I want to give everyone every chance to present themselves PERFECTLY

HOW DOES IT LOOK?

Old 11-07-2009, 09:16 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

I ask your opinions on that - maybe it works.
But I just want it to be better
Is it GOOD ENOUGH???
I can only see it on my own computer, how does it look on yours?
And what do you think about it...
(This goes for all pictures, this is just an example of a scaled up one viewed on a 1024 monitor)
HOW DOES IT LOOK?
Edges look jagged and blurry, 1680 X 1050 22", not nearly as sharp as the original above it.

Quick Reply: ATTENTION ALL FINALISTS! 2009 FTE Online Championship Finals "PIT AREA"