1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Are You A True Member Of The Brotherhood?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
It's just my opinion, but I'm thinking if anyone has ever done a modification due to information they've read about here, then that qualifies.

Having someone else actually put "hands on" your truck is great, but how many times has the collective pooled their diagnostic talents and helped someone with an upcoming modification, or a problem they were having after doing a mod?

That doesn't even count all the help everyone provides for each other when it comes to general maintenance or problems (serious or minor) that crop up on each others trucks.

Wouldn't everyone agree that anyone who has benefited from the Brotherhood's knowledge base, and has had that knowledge help them with their truck, "qualifies" as having their truck modded by the Brotherhood? If not by actually working on the truck, then definitely by proxy!

I've been the only one to work on my Excursion, but it was only because of all the info I'd read about here. Heck, until I registered here, I didn't know the first thing about diesels. Nothing. Nada. I didn't even know they didn't have spark plugs.

Until I registered here and started reading, there's no way I could have modified my Excursion.

Stewart

Old 11-07-2009, 08:20 PM
farmdad
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stewart, you said it very well. Just because others haven't done the hands-on work doesn't mean that they didn't have a part in the process.

I am so impressed with the knowledge of many of the brothers here. When I worked at the dealership, I was so scared by some of the mechanics because they really didn't have a clue what they were doing. I knew that I would NEVER take any vehicle in there. And my boss there, the parts manager, won't either. But he always wonders where I am getting my information about the 7.3 when I go there for price info for parts mentioned here. Some day I will show him this site.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:29 PM
PlatinumPete
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mueckster
Sorry to hear you didn't find that fitting today. I wish I could have been more help. Did y'all get everything else hooked up alright?
No need to be sorry Roland, your advice and info were a great help. Other than that one fitting, everything else went very well. Jim did a great job with all the wiring under the hood, VERY meticulous, it looks great and is very much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Smokin'
I don't think I meet the qualifications of being a part of this either.

It's all good, maybe I'll earn it next year.
I don't know Lisa, your truck is very modded and didn't you have a little unexpected modding party a little while back? I seem to recall a couple members of a left coast convoy crashing in on you and doing some work on your truck.....?

Old 11-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
Originally Posted by PlatinumPete
I don't know Lisa, your truck is very modded and didn't you have a little unexpected modding party a little while back? I seem to recall a couple members of a left coast convoy crashing in on you and doing some work on your truck.....?
LOL. Yes, those crazy West coasters.

I swear they had installed the CCV, 6637 and oil crossover kit by the time Nick and I had the fan and shroud off Mark's truck. Ok maybe not that fast but it sure seemed like it.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:45 PM
PlatinumPete
Posting Guru

I swear they had installed the CCV, 6637 and oil crossover kit by the time Nick and I had the fan and shroud off Mark's truck. Ok maybe not that fast but it sure seemed like it.

They definitely move fast when they set out to get something done, I saw quite a few examples at RRE.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:04 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by weekendwarriorfsw32
O O O O O I want one
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
You gotta own your own truck first, Nick. But we can send one to your dad!

Stewart
I dont care if the Nick "owns" his truck, or Bob does. I have seen him knee deep under more hoods than anyone else, AND we have photographic proof. RRW, injectors and other goodies on Andrews truck, NW techdays, many various projects, RRE, under every hood that was open. Hell, the Ford Dealer even offered him a job, because he knew more about their new 6.4 than the mechanic did.

Ed, well, yeah, he gets one too. He may not actually turn the wrenches, but he does get us the right OEM parts we need, so technically he has at least typed in the info for us to get our packages. I guess you would call him our enabler.

Hey Jim, do I qualify?

Old 11-08-2009, 03:21 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
I don't need photographic proof. I've seen it with my own eyes while Nick was buried under my own hood, trying to get my 38R seated. But just for good show...

I don't care if Nick owns his own truck either. He's earned more than just a sticker.

With all those smilies, I thought for sure it was painfully obvious that I was teasing Nick.

Stewart

Old 11-08-2009, 07:57 AM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think I meet the qualifications of being a part of this either.

It's all good, maybe I'll earn it next year.
Oh, I think you should qualify, after you saving the day on the trip home for the westies. You are what " The BrotherHood" is all about.

Would it be possible to send Marks family one? I helped, or did his first mod, the 6637, and helped him pick his tunes out for his DP-Tuner, then showed him had dang good the straight pipe exhaust sounds.

Lastly, I don't think anyone here has actually turned a wrench on my truck, but I can tell you that a wrench hasn't been turned on mine in a very long time without first checking here. Heck, if not for here, I would still be driving a stock truck.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:16 AM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Hahahah Good times lol Good times.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Smokin'
Smokin
Originally Posted by zx250
Oh, I think you should qualify, after you saving the day on the trip home for the westies. You are what " The BrotherHood" is all about.

Would it be possible to send Marks family one? I helped, or did his first mod, the 6637, and helped him pick his tunes out for his DP-Tuner, then showed him had dang good the straight pipe exhaust sounds.

Lastly, I don't think anyone here has actually turned a wrench on my truck, but I can tell you that a wrench hasn't been turned on mine in a very long time without first checking here. Heck, if not for here, I would still be driving a stock truck.
Thanks Barry. When I think about the nice people who have gone out of their way to help me, you are one of the ones that comes to mind. Therefore, I think you qualify. I think it'd be neat to send one to Mark's family.

Hahahah Good times lol Good times.
Hey someday I'd like a chance to hang out with you guys when I'm not half asleep. That was like, 6 hours past my bedtime.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:25 AM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Hey someday I'd like a chance to hang out with you guys when I'm not half asleep. That was like, 6 hours past my bedtime.
Hummmmm When could we O it's on the tip of my tong o o o I got it how about RRE or come on out here for one of our Tech day. Like your missing the one Clay, Peter, and I are having right now. Hurry you still got 12 hours left before it over

Old 11-08-2009, 10:25 AM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
After reading all of the posts here I have to agree. The stickers should go to all in the brotherhood that have any mods on their truck no matter how minor. You have to have shown in one way or another your brotherhood spirit. Sound fair??

And yes Nick you of all people here are most deserving of one. Your eagerness yo jump in and do what ever needs to be done goes way above and beyond anything that I have ever sen from a 17 yo in my life. I have a lot of respect for Pete Jacob and yourself.

I would be more than happy to send one to Marks' family he would have been proud to display it on his truck. Just thinking about it brings goosebumps....We do miss you brother........

Old 11-08-2009, 10:26 AM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Thanks Jim, Brandon and ya Stewart I knew you were messin with me. You guys are Da bomb!

Old 11-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Smokin'
Smokin
Hummmmm When could we O it's on the tip of my tong o o o I got it how about RRE
When I read that it almost sounded like you were holding the end of your tongue.

Yep, RRE. You guys are picking me up on your way out as part of the convoy..I think...whether I am here or in Denver.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:32 AM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

When I read that it almost sounded like you were holding the end of your tongue.

Yep, RRE. You guys are picking me up on your way out as part of the convoy..I think...whether I am here or in Denver.
Awesome you have no clue what your getting into

Quick Reply: Are You A True Member Of The Brotherhood?