Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Front Leveling Kit Confusion, '93 F250 4X4

Old 11-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Dancingchicken
Senior User
Dancingchicken is starting off with a positive reputation.
Front Leveling Kit Confusion, '93 F250 4X4

The title says it all. My front end is saggin', man. This TTB with the leaf springs seems to be a tiger to tame. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I've only been able to find a 2" overall lift kit to fix this. Problem is, I like the ride height when the truck is level, I don't want to lift front AND rear, just get the front back up. I know there are many of you out there that've had this problem. Can anybody recommend something to help me out here?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:26 PM
97FRD1TN
Senior User
97FRD1TN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just buy the 2in lift kit.You'll be lucky to get half of that.Is the leveling kit just 1 spring?That's what mine was and i got an inch out of mine.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:32 PM
c.wathen
New User
c.wathen is starting off with a positive reputation.
maybe you could try add-a-leafs. go to suspensionconnection.com

Old 11-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Dancingchicken
Senior User
Thanks for the link. That's pretty much what I was wanting, but for some reason I could not find one for the year of my truck. It's a little more than I wanted to pay for what I'll be getting. I wonder how long that extra 1.5 to 2 inches will last before it sags away as well. I'm cursed with this. I totally love the truck, but this suspension is just a weak design. I guess there's no real fix to is unless I decide to go with the Dana 60 solid axle swap.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:19 PM
awkoop
Freshman User
awkoop is starting off with a positive reputation.
Air Bags is the route I headding.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:27 PM
andym
Post Fiend
andym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputation
The reason that you don't find leveling kits bigger than 2" is that the kits assume you are working with a truck at the original ride height and you can't lift a TTB axle any more than 2" without using drop brackets. Even without drop brackets you will need special camber bushings to correct for the new angles. So get the leveling kit but be aware that a shop that knows how to lift Ford trucks of this area is going to have to set you up with the correct bushings. Most normal shops don't know about this so you will probably end up at a specialty 4x4 shop.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Dancingchicken
Senior User
Thanks for the advice, AndyM. I have an extra good speciatly 4x4 shop about 8 miles down the road. Hopefully they can help if and when I need it. Do you mean that even if I go with just the regular leveling kit which will, in theory, only get me back to stock ride height, I will still need the special camber bushings?

Old 11-19-2009, 07:32 AM
fishforlife2007
Elder User
fishforlife2007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Dancingchicken View Post
Thanks for the advice, AndyM. I have an extra good speciatly 4x4 shop about 8 miles down the road. Hopefully they can help if and when I need it. Do you mean that even if I go with just the regular leveling kit which will, in theory, only get me back to stock ride height, I will still need the special camber bushings?
if it is sagging that much then im suprised you didnt have to put new camber bushings in already.. if they are still the original bushings, then you should not have to replace them. you should still get an alignment after the install tho. but like i said, if the bushings are still original, then restoring stock ride hight should only require an adjustment. one other thing you might wanna check on is all your cab mounts. these are notorious for dryrotting out, cracking, and squishing down. i kno that JBG has a kit at a fairly reasonable price. i need to replace mine, just aint got around to it yet. just something else to check out.....

Old 11-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Dancingchicken
Senior User
It's not really sagging that bad I guess. It's very noticeable to me but it's not causing any unusual tire wear or anything. It's just something that has always bothered me on all trucks, when the nose is raked down after wearing over the years. You could call it a peeve, I guess.

Logically I was thinking along the lines of just what you said concerning the bushings; if I'm only trying to go back to stock ride height, I should just need a re-alignment with the standard bushings that are on there now. I just had an alignment 6 months ago when I bought this truck and the guy said he was able to reuse the originals.

Thanks again!!

Old 11-20-2009, 08:35 AM
fishforlife2007
Elder User
fishforlife2007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
ya. you shouldnt need to swap them out... also, something to consider is if you dont really take it offroad, you could throw a dop shackle in the rear to lower it a bit and then it would sit pretty level....

Old 11-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Blue Rebel
Posting Guru
Blue Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.Blue Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.
Heres what I got for my F250 before I fully lifted it:

Superlift Suspension 2049 - Superlift Add-A-Leaf Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

and heres what it looked like, those are 37" tires:

Old 11-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Dancingchicken
Senior User
Cool. I like the truck and I'm loving the price, too. You put those on just the front and it got you back to stock ride height? The link didn't really say if they were for the front or rear or could be used for both.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Blue Rebel
Posting Guru
Blue Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.Blue Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.
They are only for the front, I put them on to clear the 37s, Dunno how far below stock my springs had sagged.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Dancingchicken
Senior User
Yeah, I don't know what to think of that as far as how it would work for me. From your picture it looks like it leveled you out pretty good. Mine's sagging pretty noticeably. 1 inch? 2 inches? I don't know. I would guess it's not over 2 inches, though. This might be a good solution for me. Thanks again!

Old 11-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Diesel_Brad
Post Fiend
Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
Make sure you get new u-bolts. No leveling kit comes w new one and you are not to reuse old u-bolts, they stretch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front Leveling Kit Confusion, '93 F250 4X4

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.