Master cylinder info needed (measurements) - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Master cylinder info needed (measurements)

Old 11-03-2009, 12:44 PM
norvillebob
Elder User
norvillebob is starting off with a positive reputation.
Master cylinder info needed (measurements)

Folks, I found a plate adapter for a pre 49 ford car that adapts a newer style dual master cylinder to the car. I'm trying to see if this will work for my 52 ford F1. Does anyone have an old single pot master laying around? The adapter I found is only $35 and looks to be just a piece of 1" aluminum with 5 bolt holes.

Chassis Engineering adapter:
The distance (center to center) between the top two holes it 2-3/8

The distance (center to center) between each top hole to the lower center hole is 2-1/4 each.
bob

Old 11-10-2009, 02:17 AM
1oldtimer
Elder User
1oldtimer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
nevermind i just re read your post and i don't have a f1 master

Old 11-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.
I have one on the truck but I don't think I can get to the holes to measure them that closely. I think they still have them rebuilt at NAPA if you get in a spot!

Old 11-10-2009, 05:13 AM
norvillebob
Elder User
I'm OK I pulled the old one. I have the adapter on the way. I'll keep you all posted. I assume it is normal for me to have the holes on the other side of the frame for a master also? The sale crossmemeber for left or right hand drive???

bob

Old 11-10-2009, 03:27 PM
norvillebob
Elder User

this is the adapter I got, it lists for a 39-40 ford car in Sachse rod shop. All the holes line up with my old single pot master and my new 68 drum/drum dual master. Now I need to either find a longer push rod or extend this one 3/4".

it was about $50 shipped and comes with the bolts. If this is old news, I apologize.

bob

Old 11-10-2009, 03:50 PM
AXracer
Post Fiend
AXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud of
MP brakes sells pushrods in various lengths if you don't want to extend yours.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:38 PM
52 Merc
Post Fiend
52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of
Adjustable push rods are also available. They're a little spendy, but if you need one and it works...

Mustang 1965-73 Adjustable Push Rod:eBay Motors (item 110403907799 end time Nov-14-09 14:56:38 PST)

Old 11-10-2009, 08:47 PM
norvillebob
Elder User
From my measurements I only need 1/2" I think I can get that from my existing push rod. I should point out I need the small hole style.

bob

Old 11-16-2009, 09:05 PM
norvillebob
Elder User
I mounted this tonight, bolted right up. The allen bolts that came with the kit needed to be about 1/2" longer. I got some longer bolt and lengthened the pushrod 1/2" and it all appears to work. I can still use the original brake master filler hole in the floor.

bob

Old 02-26-2013, 03:35 PM
hutchie
Junior User
hutchie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry I know this is an old thread. So from what I understand I can put a 67-? Mustang dual master cylinder on my 52 F1 with original drums. There is some kind of adapter needed? Are there instructions for this somewhere here that anyone knows of? Is that the best option for adding a dual master? Thanks Bob

Old 02-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Kazoo
Senior User
Kazoo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Are these adapters still available? Would make life simpler if you didn't need power assist.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:19 PM
oldmerc
oldmerc
oldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to all
Contact Chassis Engineering , I got the parts and some advice from them about a month ago.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
There is another type that is like a tube with flanges welded on each end, with holes to match the crossmember on one end and the new MC on the other. It is angled so the new MC is lower, so the bail on the lid clears the floor and crossmember. "Cruisetopdown" just installed one of this type, which I also plan to use. Available from Sac Vintage Ford.

Attached Images    
Old 02-27-2013, 02:38 PM
hutchie
Junior User
hutchie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks Guys. So ALBUQ do you have a part # from Sac Vintage Ford? Their search function isn't the greatest. Guess I can call. So is that adapter made to work with the 67 Mustang manual dual master?

Old 02-27-2013, 03:39 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
It's 14064. Yes, made for a Mustang or other Ford M/C. Not cheap...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Master cylinder info needed (measurements)

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.