Help finding diesel shop in detroit

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:11 PM
seanjackmc
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help finding diesel shop in detroit

Hey guys,
I looking for a good shop that would do a dpf delete on my F-250. You guys know of anywhere good? Im in Canton Mi between Ann Arbor and Detroit. Im having trouble finding a place that works on diesels.
Thanks for any help
SJM

Old 01-18-2010, 02:27 PM
maevans
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Theirs a new member that is a Diesel mechanic in your area, send him a PM and maybe he can help.

His FTE name is - Fordmasterdieseltech - and you can find him in this thread - https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...-problems.html

Old 01-18-2010, 07:14 PM
fordmasterdieseltech
Freshman User
yeah im located in clinton just outside of saline. i've installed a number of dpf delete kits and from my own personal experience 5-8 mpg gain depending of use of truck. defeintely a great upgrade. I work for a ford dealer doing all the diesel work during the day, but im open for side work after 6 pm and on weekends. if interested call me at 517-920-3048 or shoot me a pm.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:40 PM
seanjackmc
Senior User
Hey Ford Tech,
My name is Sean, I live in Canton outside of Ann Arbor, Just guessing I would say only 25-30 min from your area. I would of pm'ed you but I cant figure out how. Is there a dpf kit you recommend? I was looking at the spartan set up. My other main concern is reliability issues. I use my truck as a daily driver and dont do any towing. I just want some more get up and better mpg. Does the delete hurt the reliability of the trucks? I only have 3,500 miles. Would it be smart to wait until Ive got some more miles on it before doing anything? Thanks for your help. If I decide to do the delete I would love to work out a deal with you for the install. I was thinking of doing it in the next few months if I can get my wife on board. Late Feb early March, need to sell my harley first.
Thanks again
Sean

Old 01-20-2010, 05:58 PM
fordmasterdieseltech
Freshman User
ive installed them on trucks that left the showroom floor 50 miles prior to me installing the kit. the fuel mileage increase alone will pay for the kit in 3-4 months. it wont hurt itt what so ever. yeah when your ready give me a shout 517-920-3048. thanks chris