Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Chili Contest & Harvest Festival Owasso Saturday 11-7

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 06:42 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chili Contest & Harvest Festival Owasso Saturday 11-7

I wont be competing but my family and i will be there to sample some of the nations best chili makers! They will have jupiter jumps for the kiddies, and activities and such. It's $3 to get the chili sampling, and drinks are extra. Parking is at the high school and a free shuttle takes you down the road to Centinial Park, just East of Hodson Elementary. Maybe we'll see some of ya'll out there! Stay warm.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:11 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Now that was fun for the whole family! We sampled lots of good chili.(Only found a couple that I didnt like-pork chili-ewww) My boys had a blast in the run thru maze, and jupiter jump thingies. There was free roasted/smoked corn on the cob-super delicious!!! The boys weren't into the chili so they got a couple slices of pizza from Andolinis booth. Good stuff. We did the free tractor hay ride and the boys did the free mini train ride. There were some tents setup with free games for the kiddos and they got candy for each game. They had some classic cars/trucks out there too. I think it was the first year in Owasso. I beleive it was previously in Eufaula? Hopefully they'll be back next year and even bigger. We were there for a good 4 hours and were all tuckered out at the end of the day. The Owasso PD were there with their segways and swat weaponry on display. I got to handle the 28mm launcher. Very cool.